PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-24-2002, 10:10 PM
God bless our first-place Chicago White Sox!

"You think maybe those 26 rbi's I've collected had anything to do with it?" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

Iwritecode
04-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
God bless our first-place Chicago White Sox!

"You think maybe those 26 rbi's I've collected had anything to do with it?" :walnuts

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

More to follow.

Go Sox!

Woo Hoo! #2 for me!!!

You must have gotten those small unmarked bills from me huh PHG? :D:

doublem23
04-24-2002, 10:17 PM
:wright
I got so screwed!

Oh well.. Que sera sera.

FoulkeTheIndians
04-24-2002, 10:20 PM
FINALLY! MY FIRST PTC EVER!

Jesus, has anyone ever gone longer into the season without winning their first PTC? I'd imagine my WSI PTC debut ranks up there with the likes of Miguel Asencio's pitching debut for the Royals.

Iwritecode
04-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I got so screwed!

Oh well.. Que sera sera.

I think it was the right choice. Not just cause I picked Paulie either. Wright only gave up 1 unearned run but he looked a little ugly doing it. Got himself into some pretty good jams and walked a lot of hitters. Luckily he was able to pitch out of them...

Chisox_cali
04-24-2002, 10:28 PM
FINALLY Got on the scoreboard!!! About DAMN time too :D:

danman31
04-24-2002, 10:43 PM
PHG, I'm just wondering how you picked Konerko. It's a tough call. Konerko, Thomas, and Maggs all had 2 rbi's and a run. Maggs only reached base once, while Thomas and Konerko both reached base 3 times. So how did you break it down?

Iwritecode
04-24-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by danman31
PHG, I'm just wondering how you picked Konerko. It's a tough call. Konerko, Thomas, and Maggs all had 2 rbi's and a run. Maggs only reached base once, while Thomas and Konerko both reached base 3 times. So how did you break it down?

I'm telling ya, it all comes donw to which stack of small unmarked bills is higher... :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
04-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by danman31

Read the PTC award box, because the answer is right there. Konerko had two hits, one a dinger and the other a homer. He also had a walk, and he didn't strikeout. Maggs can't match that. In fact, he struck out with 2 men on to end the third inning. Thomas nearly matches Konehead, but he had a strikeout, too.

The biggest challenger to Konerko was Wright. He went six innings without an earned run. However, his K/BB ratio was nothing special and the Sox scored nine runs in victory, so Konerko got the nod.

I suggest you brush up on the primer I've added to the PTC rules page. None of this should be a surprise.

Don't forget, the short answer to all of this is, "Small, unmarked bills."

Badda-bump.

"Thank you, I'll be here all week."

:gulp:

Randar68
04-24-2002, 11:10 PM
I suggest you brush up on the primer I've added to the PTC rules page. None of this should be a surprise.

And to reiterate:

"I got screwed!"

PaleHoseGeorge
04-24-2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

And to reiterate:

"I got screwed!"

And if the Sox only scored 4-5 runs, Konerko gets screwed. Read the primer. There are no consolation prizes in PTC. Sorry. :(:

Daver
04-24-2002, 11:15 PM

And to reiterate:

"I got screwed!"

"Small Unmarked Bills"

Randar68
04-24-2002, 11:23 PM

And if the Sox only scored 4-5 runs, Konerko gets screwed. Read the primer. There are no consolation prizes in PTC. Sorry. :(:

I'm not complaining, I don't even play!

But Danny did get screwed, 2 walks in the 1st, only one thereafter. 0 ER's in a game that most here said was a HUGE game for him as a starter and for the team to be able to win behind the 3 youngsters, and all he does is pitch 6 near shutout innings...

"I'll catch you in the street one of these days!"

BLA!

PaleHoseGeorge
04-24-2002, 11:35 PM
"I'll catch you in the street one of these days!"

Picking a winner in a blowout victory is always tough, especially when one of the leading qualifiiers is a pitcher and the other a position player. It's an apples to oranges comparison. That's why the winning team's run total is often employed to break the deadlock. On a night the Sox club the Tribe for nine runs in victory, it's hard not to give PTC to one of hitters.

Still, Wright might have won it had his K/BB ratio been better than 4/3. This was a close call.

For mental gymnastics, nothing is worse than those "world's tallest midget" contests I had to judge last season. There were nights the starter won PTC simply because he pitched six innings. It was pathetic.

Mathew
04-25-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by FoulkeTheIndians
FINALLY! MY FIRST PTC EVER!

Jesus, has anyone ever gone longer into the season without winning their first PTC? I'd imagine my WSI PTC debut ranks up there with the likes of Miguel Asencio's pitching debut for the Royals.

At last count I think I was 0 for 36 in my short career :whiner: . I should just pick Royce every friggin' day.