PDA

View Full Version : Reminder: The game is on TV today

Sockinchisox
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
On CSN @ 2.

CHIsoxNation
03-06-2008, 01:36 PM
It's at 2? I thought on Comcast they said 3?

Either way I can't watch it. Can't wait to hear Farmer and Stone tomorrow though!

Sockinchisox
03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
It's at 2? I thought on Comcast they said 3?

Either way I can't watch it. Can't wait to hear Farmer and Stone tomorrow though!

The Sox schedule says 2:05 so I'm going with that.

doublem23
03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
The Sox schedule says 2:05 so I'm going with that.

:yup:

Game is at 2.

sox1970
03-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Floyd scratched.

Swisher CF; Cabrera SS; Thome DH; Konerko, 1B; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Anderson, LF; Uribe, 2B; Phillips, C. Floyd was supposed to start but was scratched this morning due to flu-like symptoms. Charlie Haeger and Tomo Ohka will take up his innings.

oeo
03-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Floyd scratched.

Swisher CF; Cabrera SS; Thome DH; Konerko, 1B; Dye, RF; Crede, 3B; Anderson, LF; Uribe, 2B; Phillips, C. Floyd was supposed to start but was scratched this morning due to flu-like symptoms. Charlie Haeger and Tomo Ohka will take up his innings.

Bah...I was excited to see him. Now we get to watch Haeger and Ohka...yay!

BRDSR
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
For anyone who's interested and not able to get near a TV, I'm going to try something during this game that I'm not sure has ever been done on WSI. I'm going to announce the game over the internet.

I have delusional dreams of announcing White Sox baseball for a living, so I figure I gotta start somewhere. Since I'm on spring break with nothing to do, I figured today was a good day to start.

I'll just be making one post per half inning (maybe taking a mid-inning off). Since I'm sure not everyone (or maybe anyone) is interested in listening to my drivel, I'll be writing the result of each at bat at the bottom of each post in bold. But I will have the sound turned off, so everything I write is my own thoughts/ideas. If people like it, maybe I'll try and do it again in the future (although I don't have a ton of 3-4 hour open time slots during games). If nobody likes it, I'll ditch my dream of ever announcing White Sox baseball for a living. :wink:

Anyway, if someone could create a gamethread in the proper forum, that'd be great. Go Sox.

ksimpson14
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Yes, thank you, had forgotten, thought it was on Friday

BRDSR this will probably become the game thread, and judging from last time, many people will be very grateful for the updates

RTI_SoxFan
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM
For anyone who's interested and not able to get near a TV, I'm going to try something during this game that I'm not sure has ever been done on WSI. I'm going to announce the game over the internet.

I have delusional dreams of announcing White Sox baseball for a living, so I figure I gotta start somewhere. Since I'm on spring break with nothing to do, I figured today was a good day to start.

I'll just be making one post per half inning (maybe taking a mid-inning off). Since I'm sure not everyone (or maybe anyone) is interested in listening to my drivel, I'll be writing the result of each at bat at the bottom of each post in bold. But I will have the sound turned off, so everything I write is my own thoughts/ideas. If people like it, maybe I'll try and do it again in the future (although I don't have a ton of 3-4 hour open time slots during games). If nobody likes it, I'll ditch my dream of ever announcing White Sox baseball for a living. :wink:

Anyway, if someone could create a gamethread in the proper forum, that'd be great. Go Sox.

I love this idea and will be checking it out! Not to shatter your dreams, but I also enjoy when people posting their "play by play" refer to things that Hawk and/or DJ are talking about. I don't mean Hawk talking about how "he loves email" but more along the lines of insight on the game, happenings at camp, injury updates, etc.

Regardless, I'll be "listening" to ya!:cool:

BRDSR
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I love this idea and will be checking it out! Not to shatter your dreams, but I also enjoy when people posting their "play by play" refer to things that Hawk and/or DJ are talking about. I don't mean Hawk talking about how "he loves email" but more along the lines of insight on the game, happenings at camp, injury updates, etc.

Regardless, I'll be "listening" to ya!:cool:

Haha, that's true. Regardless of my natural talent, Hawk and DJ are closer to the team and obviously have some anecdotes that I know nothing about. But for this one, I'm gonna stick with my format. I'm sure someone else listening to the broadcast can fill in the gaps if there are interesting tidbits.

spawn
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM

9CTkCnad2BE

Nellie_Fox
03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm getting MLB Season Ticket package starting on Saturday; do any of you know if these spring-training games are included?

Jjav829
03-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm getting MLB Season Ticket package starting on Saturday; do any of you know if these spring-training games are included?

They are not.

But you will love it. :bandance:

voodoochile
03-06-2008, 03:14 PM
If you are using MLB.TV, consider not using the "new media player" they want you to download. I don't know if it's that Firefox doesn't work well with the MS piece of crap or if it's just that it's a MS piece of crap, but for me the picture was balky and horrible. I switched back to the original and it works great, better picture than last year and I don't even have the premium package.

soxwon
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
2-0 texas second onion !!!
wheres the play by play?

nevermind found it !!!

I want Mags back
03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
can MLB.tv go fullscreen

I cant find the button for it

WhiteSoxJunkie
03-06-2008, 09:48 PM
The encore is on right now, although it's already the bottom of the 7th.

Lip Man 1
03-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Nellie:

Just FYI. I have DirecTV and if you get the regional sports channel package (five bucks per month) you'll get all the spring games in the clear for all teams.

Last few days I've checked out the Mets, Nationals, White Sox and Astros.

Lip