PDA

View Full Version : White Sox batter themes

FedEx227
03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey guys, know we've had threads like this before, anybody have the link to one of the old threads, I've been searching like crazy. MLB 2k8 lets you put in custom batter music and I'm going to be doing the White Sox when I get a chance.

IceczMan
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
How well have they arranged the White Sox roster as far as minor leaguers and bench players in that game? I'm thinking about buying it soon and dont want to sit around having to create a bunch of guys.

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
How well have they arranged the White Sox roster as far as minor leaguers and bench players in that game? I'm thinking about buying it soon and dont want to sit around having to create a bunch of guys.
They failed to put in Bourgeois, Shelby, and Getz, but there are over 20 guys that were in the system last year in the game under fake names. If your interested I'll post their fake names.

kittle42
03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Konerko is "Harvester of Sorrow" by Metallica, I think.

doublem23
03-05-2008, 07:06 PM

I thought he used Crazy Train.

ws05champs
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM

That is correct.

Thome is "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson.

IceczMan
03-05-2008, 07:38 PM
They failed to put in Bourgeois, Shelby, and Getz, but there are over 20 guys that were in the system last year in the game under fake names. If your interested I'll post their fake names.

That would be great and save me a bunch of time. I'll probably go out this weekend and pick up the game. Thanks.

FedEx227
03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah if you got those names please post. Also just wondering if anybody had that thread bookmarked because we had every single guy and their respective theme but I seriously can't find it anywhere on this site.

FedEx227
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53907

Found it!

If anybody wants to make known additions, please post them here. Good resource for everyone, but it is 2 years old so most players have likely changed.

Looking at it, none of those players are really still around or use those songs much anymore. Going to need some help people :)

CWSpalehoseCWS
03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Here's all the ones I've found on the Sox (still might be a few more):

AAA
LR Clark Mears --> Corwin Malone
SU Dewon Puffer --> Dwayne Pollok
LF Darin Cone --> David Cook
RF Theodore Counsell --> Thomas Collaro
3B Kyle Pizzonia --> Kenny Perez
1B Cla Rademacher --> Casey Rogowski
3B Abel Rivas --> Alexei Ramirez
SS Ralph Vaughn --> Robert Valido

AA
LR Trent Blevins --> Tim Bittner
MR Jared Embree --> Jack Egbert
SP Alex Reed --> Adam Russell
SP Ruber Renteria --> Ryan Rodriguez
SP Darren Rosa --> Derek Rodriguez
MR Enrigue Saenz --> Eduardo Sierra
CL Ray West --> Ryan Wing
MR Wally White --> Wes Whisler
CF Marion Goodwin --> Maurice Gartrell
SS Vincent Mannsell --> Victor Mercedes
RF Peter Olmedo --> Paulo Orlando
CF Damn Reynolds --> Daron Roberts
C Aaron Ross --> Adam Ricks
LF Simon Sanders --> Sean Smith
C Rick Smith --> Sean Smith
LR Cody Blum --> Chad Bentz
MR Joey Rude --> Jacob Rasner

A
SP Gilbert Bush --> Gary Bakker
SU Kirk McCready --> Kyle McCulloch
SU Clint Roban --> Clayton Richard
SP Carmen Torcato --> Carlos Torres
SP Mark Zimmer --> Matt Zaleski
CL Nate Robeldo --> Noe Rodriguez

Other Sox players in the game:

Free Agents
SU Jerry Chaudri --> Jason Childers
MR Jerry Wayne --> Joe Winkelsas

Diamondbacks
MR Dale Costa --> D.J. Carrasco

Cardinals
RF Marcos Navarro --> Miguel Negron

Nearly all of these guys are perfect matches, one or two you may need to change their height/weight or age.

skottyj242
03-06-2008, 08:31 AM

No, that's not it.

Cuck the Fubs
03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
No, that's not it.

Is it Harvester of GIDP :redneck

champagne030
03-06-2008, 09:06 AM
No, that's not it.

I'm pretty sure it's Blackened.

skottyj242
03-06-2008, 09:07 AM

Don't think so.

Thigpen "57"
03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Maybe it is too early for me this morning and I am not catching the sarcasm in this thread. But without a doubt, 100% certainty, Paul Konerko uses "Harvester of Sorrow", unless he changed it in the middle of last season.

Like I said, sorry if I am not picking up on the implied sarcasm.

areilly
03-06-2008, 09:50 AM

I thought he used Crazy Train.

No, that's not it.

Don't think so.

"Harvester of Sorrow" is the correct song. "Blackened" starts off with a harmonized/Eventide-type of intro and has a much more thrash type of riff, as opposed to the arpeggiation that opens "Harvester of Sorrow." Both are from Metallica's excellent ...And Justice for All album if you need to check sound samples for comparison.

However, "Crazy Train" was Paulie's intro music pre-2005, although Pods walked out to a Trick Daddy/Lil' Jon song based on a sample of the "Crazy Train" for his 1st at-bat of each game.

skottyj242
03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
"Harvester of Sorrow" is the correct song. "Blackened" starts off with a harmonized/Eventide-type of intro and has a much more thrash type of riff, as opposed to the arpeggiation that opens "Harvester of Sorrow." Both are from Metallica's excellent ...And Justice for All album if you need to check sound samples for comparison.

However, "Crazy Train" was Paulie's intro music pre-2005, although Pods walked out to a Trick Daddy/Lil' Jon song based on a sample of the "Crazy Train" for his 1st at-bat of each game.

I don't think so.

SoxyStu
03-06-2008, 11:08 AM
The 2006 team's music selections from white sox.com:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/atbat_music.jsp

I think A.J. has also strolled out to an Alter Bridge song - Ties that Bind, I think (not really a fan of that band)...

russ99
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, know we've had threads like this before, anybody have the link to one of the old threads, I've been searching like crazy. MLB 2k8 lets you put in custom batter music and I'm going to be doing the White Sox when I get a chance.

Really? that's super cool. Which platform? I have it on PS3.

FedEx227
03-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Really? that's super cool. Which platform? I have it on PS3.

I think MLB 08: The Show lets you do it. If you own a PS3, GET THAT GAME. I'm stuck with MLB 2k8, but you don't have to be. :D:

Harry Chappas
03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
The 2006 team's music selections from white sox.com:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/fan_forum/atbat_music.jsp

I think A.J. has also strolled out to an Alter Bridge song - Ties that Bind, I think (not really a fan of that band)...

Did you notice MacDougal's intro music? "Touch Me" - how appropriate.

FedEx227
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Did you notice MacDougal's intro music? "Touch Me" - how appropriate.

should've been "Torch Me"

stacksedwards
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Bobby Jenks- Get out of my dreams and into my car- Billy Ocean

Cuck the Fubs
03-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I think MLB 08: The Show lets you do it. If you own a PS3, GET THAT GAME. I'm stuck with MLB 2k8, but you don't have to be. :D:

Amen to that! :gulp:

russ99
03-07-2008, 09:28 AM

Uh, no thanks. I'm not a Show fan at all. I played earlier versions and also the current demo and it looks amazing visually, but there's all kinds of nagging issues. My biggest turn-off is how vital guess-a-pitch is to hitting well at the higher difficulty levels. I want to see and hit the ball, not play guessing games.

Also, I like the greater depth of 2K, with all the game modes (Be A Player doesn't float my boat) and as a hardcore roster editor I love the massive editability of rosters, especially with 3 full levels of playable minor leagues this year.

As a video baseball junkie since 1980, I think 2K is the closest playing game to the best ever, MVP 05. 2K7's on the PS3 is my favorite baseball game since, and once they fix the choppiness problem, 2K8 might beat 2K7.

BTW - I found the custom batter intro editor on the PS3.

stockonline2
03-07-2008, 10:08 AM
I really wish they would do away with the music intros of the players and the clips they play during at-bats. Something just seems really cheesy about it all to me. We need a full time organist.

FedEx227
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Uh, no thanks. I'm not a Show fan at all. I played earlier versions and also the current demo and it looks amazing visually, but there's all kinds of nagging issues. My biggest turn-off is how vital guess-a-pitch is to hitting well at the higher difficulty levels. I want to see and hit the ball, not play guessing games.

Also, I like the greater depth of 2K, with all the game modes (Be A Player doesn't float my boat) and as a hardcore roster editor I love the massive editability of rosters, especially with 3 full levels of playable minor leagues this year.

As a video baseball junkie since 1980, I think 2K is the closest playing game to the best ever, MVP 05. 2K7's on the PS3 is my favorite baseball game since, and once they fix the choppiness problem, 2K8 might beat 2K7.

BTW - I found the custom batter intro editor on the PS3.

Cool, cool. If you have any questions on how to do anything just let me know. It's really pretty sweet, real cool hearing Konerko walk up to his real stuff.

Cuck the Fubs
03-07-2008, 01:59 PM
hey guys,

I have some White Sox specific MP3s' if either of you are interested, drop me a pm and I can send them oper to ya!