PDA

View Full Version : ChiSox iCal sked?

kiddeft
03-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Is anyone putting together a sked for iCal? I would really LOVE that. I kinda want to do it myself but I'm tied up with a lot of projects right now.

If you do, can you post it on: http://icalshare.com

I want Mags back
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
i have iCal and never use it. Maybe I'll try to learn it my putting the schedule up or something

doublem23
03-05-2008, 04:19 PM
:?:

What the heck is iCal?

ksimpson14
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM

What the heck is iCal?

I'll guess some Apple calendar program, probably for portable device

spawn
03-05-2008, 04:21 PM

What the heck is iCal?
I was going to ask the same thing. :dunno:

kiddeft
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
It's the calendar program for MAC. iCal = iCalendar

If someone did it, it would be awesome cause I could now upload the schedule to my iPhone.

NSSoxFan
03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
What's a 'sked'?

Jaffar
03-05-2008, 06:25 PM
I thought this thread was spam when I opened it earlier, I'm glad others were lost as well.

doublem23
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
It's the calendar program for MAC. iCal = iCalendar

If someone did it, it would be awesome cause I could now upload the schedule to my iPhone.

Just use your iPhone and get one off Google Calendar. I know someone makes one every year.

34rancher
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Go here, Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/schedule;_ylt=AkchDNAZG1106RrjIUASjXcU0bYF) has ones for all different kinds of calendar programs (both MAC and PC). They are really good about updating throughout the year also. Make sure to "subscribe".

FarWestChicago
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Is anyone putting together a sked for iCal? I would really LOVE that. I kinda want to do it myself but I'm tied up with a lot of projects right now.I think it's safe to assume an English class isn't one of your projects. :redneck

SoxandtheCityTee
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
What's a 'sked'?

Schedule. The British call it a "shed," I guess.:D:

kiddeft
03-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Sked is short for schedule.

And a BIG thanks to 34rancher!

russ99
03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I'll guess some Apple calendar program, probably for portable device

iCal is a very powerful calendar app that comes with every Mac.

And it's a lot more flexible than Entourage. Sucks that I can't use iCal at work because they use Exchange servers... dumb MS. :angry:

ssviland
03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Dittos. Actually, there is limited support for Exchange servers in iCal, at least as far as personal scheduling (like adding an event emailed from an Outlook user), but the group part of it is missing. M$ finds ways to screw non-M$ users. They made up the new DOCX format, which requires the latest Windoze version of Office to open (although, I have found that Apple Pages opens them now.) Their AppleShare protocol built into Windoze servers is crippled. If you turn it off and just use IP, or a third-part AppleShare implementation, the network performance for Macs EXCEEDS that of Windoze users. One of our IT guys explained that Windoze has an inefficient packet buffering process, and smaller packet sizes, which slow down the networking.

Okay, I'm off task...

I used to upload an iCal file for Sox games to iCalShare, but last year Apple had all MLB teams posted and I just subscribed to that. If they don't post one, I'll have to remember how I did it last time. Somehow I copied the schedule to a spreadsheet, exported as tab-delimited, and imported it. But I may have had to use a second calendar for that, like "Now Up-to-Date" or Palm Calendar.

Shawn

iCal is a very powerful calendar app that comes with every Mac.

And it's a lot more flexible than Entourage. Sucks that I can't use iCal at work because they use Exchange servers... dumb MS. :angry:

ssviland
03-06-2008, 01:13 PM
On Yahoo's team schedule page, click on the iCal link and it adds it for you.

34rancher
03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Sked is short for schedule.

And a BIG thanks to 34rancher!

No prob, Yahoo also has "sked"'s for other programs as well, not just iCal. I use it for my college skeds and and other pro teams also. Again, don't forget to "subscribe", as you will be continuously updated. Enjoy!!!