:putitontheboard

doublem23
04-24-2002, 09:15 PM
WE OWN Cleveland!

:wright
Man, and y'all worried!

Pete_SSAC
04-24-2002, 09:40 PM
Sox win, All alone in first, and the Cubs just blew a lead. Great time to be a Sox fan.

- Pete

Cheryl
04-24-2002, 10:06 PM
Then there is also this (from CNN/SI):

On the same day the Minnesota Twins placed cleanup hitter David Ortiz on the 15-day disabled list, they revealed that All-Star pitcher Joe Mays' stay on the DL could be lengthy, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported Wednesday.

Before Tuesday's loss to the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said Mays, on the DL because of a strained right forearm, might not throw for and additional 10 to 12 days, at which point he probably would be sent on a rehabilitation assignment, the newspaper reported.

That means he could miss three or more weeks, and Mays mentioned the possibility he could miss the first half of the season -- terming that a "worst-case scenario," the paper said.

JoeBatters
04-24-2002, 10:58 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss , 1st place , love it and ill drink a beer to that :gulp: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

PaleHoseGeorge
04-25-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
...That means he could miss three or more weeks, and Mays mentioned the possibility he could miss the first half of the season -- terming that a "worst-case scenario," the paper said.

Oh sure, we're all going to believe a ballplayer's assessment of what the "worse-case scenario" on his future might be!

:butter
"It only hurts when I throw."

:XL
"I'll be fine once I'm allowed to take this back harness off."

:thegreat
"The good news is, I'm on a first-name basis with the entire surgical team."