PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Listen to MLB Radio?

Brian26
03-04-2008, 07:40 PM
It has been interesting listening to some of the different broadcast teams as background noise.

The Angels pbp guy is fairly decent, albeit a tad generic in the Wayne Hagin sort of way. The color commentator, Rex Hudler, was a complete and utter tool today. I know people from outside Chicago complain about Hawk, but Hudler takes it to a different level.

I've heard Milo Hamilton do the Astros games, and he's ok, but a bit of a throwback.

The Arizona Diamondback announcers were fun to listen to during the Sunday Sox game. I also heard Hawk interviewed on the KC Royals broadcast yesterday around lunch. Hawk was telling old Charlie Finley war stories and talked about coming back to a KC Chiefs game after Finley ran him out of town. The entire stadium saw Hawk and started cheering, and they had to stop the game according to him.

The Twins guys were really talking up the acquisition of Garland by the Angels. They made it sound on the same level of importance as the Torii signing.

NardiWasHere
03-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hawk was telling old Charlie Finley war stories and talked about coming back to a KC Chiefs game after Finley ran him out of town. The entire stadium saw Hawk and started cheering, and they had to stop the game according to him.

Hahahahahah you gotta love Hawk.

whitesoxwilkes
03-08-2008, 11:00 PM
It has been interesting listening to some of the different broadcast teams as background noise.

The Angels pbp guy is fairly decent, albeit a tad generic in the Wayne Hagin sort of way. The color commentator, Rex Hudler, was a complete and utter tool today. I know people from outside Chicago complain about Hawk, but Hudler takes it to a different level.

Huds isn't as self-absorbed as the Hawk, but he's a bona fide nutcase.

I'm a huge fan though.

Southsider101
03-09-2008, 12:06 PM

I've heard Milo Hamilton do the Astros games, and he's ok, but a bit of a throwback.

The Arizona Diamondback announcers were fun to listen to during the Sunday Sox game. I also heard Hawk interviewed on the KC Royals broadcast yesterday around lunch. Hawk was telling old Charlie Finley war stories and talked about coming back to a KC Chiefs game after Finley ran him out of town. The entire stadium saw Hawk and started cheering, and they had to stop the game according to him.

The Twins guys were really talking up the acquisition of Garland by the Angels. They made it sound on the same level of importance as the Torii signing.

I love MLB Radio; being able to access both home and away play-by-play makes the whole season a joy. Not to mention that the price remains pretty cheap for the season. For out of town Sox fans like myself, streaming MLB Radio is my main link to Sox broadcasts. Things certainly got better this week when Steve Stone was added to the broadcast team.

ksimpson14
04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I have XM for the first time. The Yankees announcers are TERR-A-BLE. Yes, so bad, I had to misspell it. Sterling is a joke, I thought I had it on one of those World Series replays today, he was screaming like a madman over a ARod RBI double in the 1st inning, so badly/overjoyed that he was tripping over his words, acted like the game was in the bag after that too. Waldman's accent is just horrible, she is really annoying, it's like two bad NY and Boston accents mated

I used to have the online version and I've heard them before, but it just seemed tens time worse coming through my car stereo, maybe I was just more focused on it, compared to background noise on my computer. I've heard Sterling is a nice guy, like to fans, but he's ripped apart on the sports radio for just completely missing calls, I think he's losing his vision. Multiple times where he called a fly out that didn't reach the warning track gone, and vice versa).

Lip Man 1
04-02-2008, 12:56 AM
I've always despised the Yankee announcers but in fairness it's a tough spot to be in, you don't dare go to far in criticism of the team or organization or you get fired. Period. End of story.

Just ask Jim Kaat.

Lip