PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket holder StubHub info on whitesox.com

chisoxmike
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/ticketing/stubhub_faq_seller.jsp?c_id=cws

We are working with StubHub on a process where any baseball ticket purchased through StubHub will be delivered to the buyer digitally and you as the seller will not need to do anything more than confirm ticket that you are selling. We plan to have this available in the coming weeks. Any enhancements to the way in which you will use the current StubHub service to sell your tickets will be communicated to you as early as possible so that this service continues to be clear and easy to use.

Hitmen77
03-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I wonder how this affects tickets already purchased through StubHub. I found a few good deals already out there (w/ $20 discount code) and grabbed some tickets. The purchase included a FedEx shipping fee. Will those tickets also be sent to me electronically?

soxfan21
03-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I noticed this a little earlier today,I do hope that they allow season ticket holders to e-mail their tickets to potential buyers besides using the Fed Ex option.

anewman35
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I wonder how this affects tickets already purchased through StubHub. I found a few good deals already out there (w/ $20 discount code) and grabbed some tickets. The purchase included a FedEx shipping fee. Will those tickets also be sent to me electronically?

I highly doubt this is going to affect already purchased tickets, especially since they say "we are working on a system". I'm sure once this is going, it'll be obvious, they aren't just going to spring it on people.

chisoxmike
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
I just bought tickets on StubHub for the Angels and Giants series. I hope they come hard tickets, I'm not a fan of e-mail paper tickets.

But it will be great when this is up and running for ST holders to have a care free way of selling tickets like in years past. I hope this works out well. There's already a few games I need to get rid of, but I dont want to have to ship them via FedEx.

Jerko
03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Now if the Sox can implement an electronic system for their unused season ticket trade in dates...........

Oblong
03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
I know this came up in another thread but I don't remember if it was answered. The stubhub info that came with my Tiger tickets said that there'd be multiple ways to gett your money. Paypal, check, ticket account, or sent to a charity. I imagine it's the same for all teams.

kevingrt
03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I love the hard ticket. They should give us an option if we purchase in enough time ahead. The paper e-mail ticket is efficient and all however not the same as a hard ticket.

NoNeckEra
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I love the hard ticket. They should give us an option if we purchase in enough time ahead. The paper e-mail ticket is efficient and all however not the same as a hard ticket.
Especially if you're buying an upper deck ticket on season ticket stock that would enable you to gain lower deck access.

Jason82807
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Especially if you're buying an upper deck ticket on season ticket stock that would enable you to gain lower deck access.

Upper deck season ticket e-tickets still allow you to access the lower deck, but from what I've heard you have to find a customer service booth & get a signature, real PITA.

ksimpson14
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Yes, it is a pain. You need the season ticket holder's info, at least name and address. Then, depending on the rep and security guys you get, some of them were even oblivious to it late in the year.

I remember one told me 'no chance' before I could even finish explaining that it was a friend who was a season ticket holder, then the guy next to him knew about it, took about a half hour to check everything out and take everything down, finally gave me the okay, but no stamp :?: Had to ask for that, they had to find it, then I finally got it, and the next fun step, trying to explain it all/convince the next security guy at the lower deck entrance

ksimpson14
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, and if anyone from the Sox does read on here, would be nice if something could already be placed on the E-Ticket (so it comes out when printed), like some symbol or even just text like 'Season Ticket' and/or maybe 'Lower Deck/All of Stadium Access'

Jerko
03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Upper deck season ticket e-tickets still allow you to access the lower deck, but from what I've heard you have to find a customer service booth & get a signature, real PITA.

Same thing for trade in days. I'm a lower deck ST holder and when you don't use your tickets they let you trade them in for UD seats. I called my rep and said hey, not only am I a ST holder, but my seats are in the lower deck, do I have to go in to a certain gate or do something special to be allowed down there with these trade in tickets? He said to go get the ticket stamped at a service booth. Got there and they looked at me like I had 3 heads. After I bitched them out they just let me in.

chisoxmike
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh, and if anyone from the Sox does read on here, would be nice if something could already be placed on the E-Ticket (so it comes out when printed), like some symbol or even just text like 'Season Ticket' and/or maybe 'Lower Deck/All of Stadium Access'

Or simply informing the people that work the 100 level access areas that people with season ticket holder tickets or the stamp that they are allowed in the 100 level. I can't tell you how many times I've gone down there only to see a dumbfounded expression on the security people at the 100 level with them saying, "Uh, these are upper deck tickets."

Cat Thief
03-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes, it is a pain. You need the season ticket holder's info, at least name and address. Then, depending on the rep and security guys you get, some of them were even oblivious to it late in the year.

I remember one told me 'no chance' before I could even finish explaining that it was a friend who was a season ticket holder, then the guy next to him knew about it, took about a half hour to check everything out and take everything down, finally gave me the okay, but no stamp :?: Had to ask for that, they had to find it, then I finally got it, and the next fun step, trying to explain it all/convince the next security guy at the lower deck entrance

Sounds like you spent an hour trying to get into the lower deck. What's the big attraction?

:scratch:

Scottiehaswheels
03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Wish they could get this to work for parking passes as well....

It's Dankerific
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Any mention of being able to email tickets you are not selling?? (ie to family).

Jason82807
03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
The face value on the e-ticket should give them an idea whether it's a season ticket or not, you would think.

As for the electronic parking passes, they would have to have someone scan them at the gate entrance, which would cause backups, or risk massive fraud/overfilling of lots.

Bruizer
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Any mention of being able to email tickets you are not selling?? (ie to family).

For ST holders, you can still forward these by e-mail from the Ticket Exchange.

Bru