PDA

View Full Version : Complete list of eligible players for spring training games?

JorgeFabregas
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I see some players popping up in split squad games who aren't on any list of invitees that I can find. Someone named Guillen came in at 2b yesterday and struck out in both ABs--I assume that's Oney Guillen. It looks like Sergio Miranda made into the game, too.

How does this work, exactly? Can the White Sox throw anyone in their organization into a ST game or do they have to be on some sort of list?

salty99
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Yup Oney played and had 2 K's but a great defensive play...at least according to Reifert's blog.

sox1970
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I see some players popping up in split squad games who aren't on any list of invitees that I can find. Someone named Guillen came in at 2b yesterday and struck out in both ABs--I assume that's Oney Guillen. It looks like Sergio Miranda made into the game, too.

How does this work, exactly? Can the White Sox throw anyone in their organization into a ST game or do they have to be on some sort of list?

Yeah, I think they can pretty much take anyone from the minor league camp. I mean, Garth Brooks used to get in spring training games, so it seems like anything goes.