PDA

View Full Version : Soriano fractures finger...

btrain929
03-02-2008, 08:55 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080302&content_id=2400416&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

Says he'll be out for about 5 days. When I first read it, I figured he'd be out about 2-3 weeks. Well, at least Cubs fans have another thing to blame this year on if they don't don't get to the playoffs/don't do well in the playoffs.

"Soriano never fully recovered from his spring training injury..."

"He was playing hurt trying to help the team, and that's why he hit only .250 and only 24 HR's..."

:rolleyes:

thedudeabides
03-02-2008, 09:01 PM
He was probably trying to do one of his awesome jumping catches, where he looks like a little girl jumping over a puddle.

btrain929
03-02-2008, 09:03 PM
He was probably trying to do one of his awesome jumping catches, where he looks like a little girl jumping over a puddle.

Actually, it's pretty funny. According to the article, he was just trying to catch a ball at the wall two-handed, and it sounds like he completely whiffed and the ball hit his right hand directly.

As Napoleon Dynamite would say......

"What an IDIOT!"

WSox597
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Actually, it's pretty funny. According to the article, he was just trying to catch a ball at the wall two-handed, and it sounds like he completely whiffed and the ball hit his right hand directly.

As Napoleon Dynamite would say......

"What an IDIOT!"

Gee, no wonder he's afraid of the walls at Wrigley.

I can imagine the Sox-Cubs games this year. Sox fans will be holding up bricks, pictures of bricks, posters with bricks on them, etc. :D:

btrain929
03-02-2008, 09:24 PM

I can imagine the Sox-Cubs games this year. Sox fans will be holding up bricks, pictures of bricks, posters with bricks on them, etc. :D:

All of that, and probably fans accidentally spilling beer and other beverages on him as well. Oh well, just gotta adjust to your surroundings, right? :D:

twentywontowin
03-02-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm trying to find the article, but Felix Pie is out as well with a twisted testicle.

I'd rather have the broken finger.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the same article.

cws05champ
03-02-2008, 09:52 PM

I wonder if the Sox can drap the LF walls with a cover that looks like brick during the Cubs series. :smile:

btrain929
03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to find the article, but Felix Pie is out as well with a twisted testicle.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the same article.

I thought you were joking about that until I went and reread the article.

I'm far from being a future applicant for med school, but what the **** is a twisted testicle and how do you get it?

slavko
03-02-2008, 10:39 PM

I'm far from being a future applicant for med school, but what the **** is a twisted testicle and how do you get it?

Don't ask.

santo=dorf
03-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Well, at least Cubs fans have another thing to blame this year on if they don't don't get to the playoffs/don't do well in the playoffs.
Sounds like a lot of Sox fans who put blame on the predictable injuries to Crede, Pods, and Erstad last season.

RowanDye
03-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Sounds like a lot of Sox fans who put blame on the predictable injuries to Crede, Pods, and Erstad last season.

I think most people that blamed injuries were more so pissed at KW for going into the season with unreliable starters and no backup plan!

twentywontowin
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM

I'm going to try and make it as vague as possible here...

You know how you have a bunch of tubes that connect your testicles so that they can carry semen? Well, if you're not careful or land on them awkward, you can actually twist the tubes around each other with the other testicle.

It's actually extremely painful, and can require surgery if serious enough. A lot of the time though, a doctor can use his hands on the outside to un-twist them or they can naturally do it themselves.

Mods, I apologize profusely if this is out of line. :D:

Soxfanspcu11
03-02-2008, 11:40 PM

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the same article.\

:o::o:

You know how you have a bunch of tubes that connect your testicles so that they can carry semen? Well, if you're not careful or land on them awkward, you can actually twist the tubes around each other with the other testicle.

It's actually extremely painful, and can require surgery if serious enough. A lot of the time though, a doctor can use his hands on the outside to un-twist them or they can naturally do it themselves.

:o::o::o:

btrain929
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM

Yup, just like that. You're good, you.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhiteSox5187
03-03-2008, 12:26 AM

:thud::thud::thud:
The pain! My God the pain!

Chicken Dinner
03-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Neil Cotts went out yesterday also with a shattered ERA! :D:

Mr.1Dog
03-03-2008, 11:11 AM

I believe it's called a tortion(sp). A friend of mine had one when we were in college. He was in excrutiating pain and had to go to the ER where they had to perform emergency surgery to untwist otherwise he would have lost it.:o:

MisterB
03-03-2008, 11:19 AM

I had something like this happen to me when I was about 9, and as you can imagine it was excruciating. :(:

The scientific term is Testicular Torsion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_torsion).

Iwritecode
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Says he'll be out for about 5 days. When I first read it, I figured he'd be out about 2-3 weeks.

You're pretty close. Now they are saying at least a week and maybe 2.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080303-alfonso-soriano-cubs,1,7992162.story)

cws05champ
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
You're pretty close. Now they are saying at least a week and maybe 2.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080303-alfonso-soriano-cubs,1,7992162.story)
5 days in Cubs speak is 2-3 weeks, don't you know that by now? And 3 weeks means 2 months....

Tekijawa
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
5 days in Cubs speak is 2-3 weeks, don't you know that by now? And 3 weeks means 2 months....

Broken Finger also means torn meniscus.