PDA

View Full Version : anyone see the cubbies game?

ihatethecubs
08-02-2001, 04:05 AM
hate to admit i was watching the cubs game but i kept flipping back to it and rickey gutierrez hit a fly ball that wouldve hit the bottom of the wall if it wasnt caught by mark kotsay and chip flipped out and was like "a sensational play by kotsay to rob rickey of a home run!!!" it wasnt even close to going out. not that hawk was any better on cansecos 3 run homer. "oh he just missed it.. oh wait.. maybe not... you can put it on the boooaaarrrd yes!"

Fisk Fan
08-02-2001, 09:38 AM
I was watching the game and Baseball Tonight at the same time. I heard every word that know-nothing, imitation announcer said. That "homerun" that Kotsay robbed would have hit near the bottom of the wall. It was nice to hear him exclaim when Young booted that grounder that allowed the Padres back into the game. How about Tony Gwynn?

Tragg
08-02-2001, 09:41 AM
It wouldn't have been a home run, but it was an excellent play by the CF. He even had the temerity to wave off the LF, even though he was leaping into the wall.
That's the kind of cf play we need.

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 11:41 AM
hate to admit i was watching the cubs game but i kept flipping back to it and rickey gutierrez hit a fly ball that wouldve hit the bottom of the wall if it wasnt caught by mark kotsay and chip flipped out and was like "a sensational play by kotsay to rob rickey of a home run!!!" it wasnt even close to going out.

Well that is our Chimp!

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 11:43 AM
How about Tony Gwynn?

He is a large man

Jerry_Manuel
08-02-2001, 11:44 AM
It wouldn't have been a home run, but it was an excellent play by the CF. He even had the temerity to wave off the LF, even though he was leaping into the wall.

:gun
I would have done that!