PDA

View Full Version : Farm Players or Impact Players

ChicagoG19
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I am not saying that joe crede will be traded, but I was curious what everyone thought if we do trade him. Should the White So try to get a impact player to help the team this year or try to replenish the farm system?

soxfan21
03-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Impact player(s).

WhiteSox5187
03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't think we'll be able to get a whole lot for Crede but if we did have the option of an impact player or a prospect, I'm going with the impact player. I think at best we'll get some prospects for him.

voodoochile
03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Are you seriously asking the question as to whether people prefer that Crede get traded for players who are guaranteed impact players or only potentially impact players (though probably more of the latter)?

The only thing I am wondering is how you got 5 other people to vote with you...:scratch:

stockonline2
03-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Not that I necessarily agree, but I think the people who voted the "farm" option feel that our team currently needs alot more than one impact player to be a contender. Perhaps they think that our farm system is barren and one or two more potential impact players in the future will pay much more dividends than one now.

oeo
03-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Not that I necessarily agree, but I think the people who voted the "farm" option feel that our team currently needs alot more than one impact player to be a contender. Perhaps they think that our farm system is barren and one or two more potential impact players in the future will pay much more dividends than one now.

An 'impact' player to me would be a top of the rotation starter. I'd say that would put us right there with Detroit and Cleveland. :dunno:

The farm can be rebuilt with one very good draft...hopefully that draft is this year.

California Sox
03-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Do you know what an impact player is? Ryan Braun, Albert Pujols, Miguel Cabrera, those are impact players. To qualify, I think you've got to be on the shortlist for MVP or Cy Young. I'm not sure the Sox have "an impact player" on the entire roster, and I don't think they'll be getting one for Crede.

Now, if the question is "major leaguer or minor leaguer?" I'll ask, "Where's he going to play?" We've currently got 5 outfielders, 5 middle infielders, and 2 third basemen and Masset, a guy who is out of options, just threw three shutout innings. If KW can get someone better than what we have at one of those positions, cool, but if it's just going to be a warm body, I'll take minor leaguers.