PDA

View Full Version : Marketing idea?

Scottiehaswheels
03-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I got to thinking today about how a lot of teams especially ones with red in their team colors have typically an entire outfield of fans wearing red. I was thinking that the Sox could do something similar but different with fan participation... What do you think about a shirt that is black on one side and white on the other? Basically what fans would do is wear the white side facing the diamond when the other team is batting and switch the shirt around to be black when the Sox are batting. I just thought it might be cool to see as well as help the team. Poll options are yes, no, stupid idea, other. :D:

steely712
03-01-2008, 08:44 PM
It's a cool idea, but too much work involved, especially with beers and hot dogs involved, I don't think that people would participate to the full extent.

voodoochile
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Baseball is very picky about allowing white backgrounds in the outfield. I doubt MLB would allow it.

DumpJerry
03-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Are you sure you aren't trying to get girls to take their shirts off every 20 minutes or so?

WhiteSox5187
03-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Are you sure you aren't trying to get girls to take their shirts off every 20 minutes or so?
If that's his goal this should rank as one of the most interesting ways to do that...however MLB wouldn't allow that. Oddly enough, the Cubs tried this way back in the 1930s.