PDA

View Full Version : Danks cutter

JermaineDye05
03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Anyone else happy to see that John has added a new pitch to his repertoire? I'm really happy, especially since it's a cutter since that appears to be a pitch he really needs against right handers. I didn't see much of it on Wednesday, except for when he broke Willy Taveras' bat of course. Hopefully Mark can help him to master this pitch.

JB98
03-01-2008, 01:57 PM
It can't hurt. Danks has a problem with giving up the long ball. Hopefully, the cutter will be good enough to give hitters something else to think about, and make it more difficult for them to put the sweet spot of the bat on Danks' pitches.

diehardRLsoxfan
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I hope that he uses these games to really work on the cutter and not worry about results. If he can master the cutter before opening day he will be much better than he was last year IMHO

Metalthrasher442
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I hope that he uses these games to really work on the cutter and not worry about results. If he can master the cutter before opening day he will be much better than he was last year IMHO

Agreed. Josh Fields was already raving about it.

I hope he can master it..hey mastering a pitch can only make you better.

diehardRLsoxfan
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
..hey mastering a pitch can only make you better.

I disagree completely. Last year our entire bullpen seemed to master the batting practice fastball and that DID NOT work out in our favor:D:

Not including the big man.

Metalthrasher442
03-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I disagree completely. Last year our entire bullpen seemed to master the batting practice fastball and that DID NOT work out in our favor:D:

Not including the big man.

:)

WhiteSox5187
03-01-2008, 05:21 PM
I think Danks is going to wind up developing every pitch in Buerhle's aresnal.

soxinem1
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Funny this was mentioned, as Danks reminds me a bit of a LH Estaban Loaiza, as he does not represent the flame-throwing power arm he was reputed to be when he was drafted.

Loaiza had a decent fastball, slider, and curve, but once he mastered the cutter, he was tough.

Now Loaiza fell in love with it. Danks should let that be a lesson.

BainesHOF
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Danks definitely needs at least another pitch. Maybe the cutter will give him a career in the big leagues.