PDA

View Full Version : New York, New York

WagMan
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
So, as of 9am CST this morning, I have reserved two tickets to catch our beloved White Sox play at Yankee Stadium on Monday, September 15th. I'm truly excited to see the ol' ballpark before it gets demolished after this year. Was anyone else making the trip out there this year to see the Sox specifically?

whitesoxwilkes
02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
So, as of 9am CST this morning, I have reserved two tickets to catch our beloved White Sox play at Yankee Stadium on Monday, September 15th. I'm truly excited to see the ol' ballpark before it gets demolished after this year. Was anyone else making the trip out there this year to see the Sox specifically?

I will be there for work specifically, but also to catch the Sox.

ViPeRx007
02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm going to New York the first week in May to see a couple games, not against the White Sox though: May 1st vs Detroit, May 6th vs. Cleveland

Should be sweet anyway.

Harry Potter
02-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm going to New York the first week in May to see a couple games, not against the White Sox though: May 1st vs Detroit, May 6th vs. Cleveland

Should be sweet anyway.

I was able to grab 4 tickets this morning to the game July 5th vs. Red Sox. Although I won't be seeing the White Sox, it should be an intense weekend game.

JohnTucker0814
03-01-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm going out for the TB series July 8th & 9th...

thegooch
03-01-2008, 08:38 AM
I should have waited until next year to go to Boston and gone to NYC this year. Oh well. I was at Yankee Stadium as a kid.

Bob G
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM

I bought 2 tickets to the same game - my wife and I are going to spend 5 days in NYC catching as many attractions as possible. I always wanted to see Yankee stadium ... this was a mutual Christmas present for us.

SOXfnNlansing
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope everyone has fun. I sure would like to go to Yankee stadium one time, but it's not going to happen.

Railsplitter
03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey, you just might catch the Sox clinch the Central.

Beer Can Chicken
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm not going to be able to get there for the SOX series but am going to try hit another game during a weekend.

nysox35
03-04-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm a 20 game plan season ticket holder, so I'll be there for all 4 of the WSox games in September. :smile:
I couldn't get the final Yankee home game against Baltimore, but I got the 2nd to last game on Sat of the final weekend, which will be cool.

Bob G
03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm a 20 game plan season ticket holder, so I'll be there for all 4 of the WSox games in September. :smile:
I couldn't get the final Yankee home game against Baltimore, but I got the 2nd to last game on Sat of the final weekend, which will be cool.

I've never been to Yankee stadium - can you tell me if section BX336 row D (left field) are decent seats? We plan on getting there early so we can walk around the stadium for awhile - other than the monuments is there anything else you recommend we see?

Appreciate your help.

nysox35
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I've never been to Yankee stadium - can you tell me if section BX336 row D (left field) are decent seats? We plan on getting there early so we can walk around the stadium for awhile - other than the monuments is there anything else you recommend we see?

Appreciate your help.

Yes, 336 row D should be pretty good seats. Here is the view:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp
Just click on 336.
332 is the section right on the wall, then 334, and then your section is just beyond those. I'm not sure if that's too deep for HR balls, but I'm thinking you'll be right on the line for Righty hitters. Should be fun.

Yeah, I'd say to get there early and check out Monument Park. The area is sort of like Wrigley in that there are a lot of shops/bars nearby. You'll probably want to walk around outside and maybe pick up some souveniers.
I'd say to stop in either Billy's or Stan's (both on River ave outside the stadium) for a beer. They are probably the two most well known bars in the area. You could also go to yankee tavern on 161st (pretty popular place) for a pastrami sandwich or other pub food. If you're wearing Sox gear, you may get some gentle heckling, but nothing to fear.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

IceczMan
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Does anyone have a suggestion about a good weekend/week to go to both a Yankees and a Mets game? I would love to make a short trip out there this summer and it would be nice to visit both stadiums. Thanks.

Bob G
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Yes, 336 row D should be pretty good seats. Here is the view:
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp
Just click on 336.
332 is the section right on the wall, then 334, and then your section is just beyond those. I'm not sure if that's too deep for HR balls, but I'm thinking you'll be right on the line for Righty hitters. Should be fun.

Yeah, I'd say to get there early and check out Monument Park. The area is sort of like Wrigley in that there are a lot of shops/bars nearby. You'll probably want to walk around outside and maybe pick up some souveniers.
I'd say to stop in either Billy's or Stan's (both on River ave outside the stadium) for a beer. They are probably the two most well known bars in the area. You could also go to yankee tavern on 161st (pretty popular place) for a pastrami sandwich or other pub food. If you're wearing Sox gear, you may get some gentle heckling, but nothing to fear.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

This helps - thanks again!!

BeefyD
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
We (me, brother, buddy) will also be at that game. We are in Section 10, Tier Reserved MVP, Row A. My buddy's neighbor across the street is also going. I believe they got 9 seats in the bleachers.

nysox35
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Does anyone have a suggestion about a good weekend/week to go to both a Yankees and a Mets game? I would love to make a short trip out there this summer and it would be nice to visit both stadiums. Thanks.

Couple Ideas:
1. May 15-18; Wash @ NYM (Thurs 5/15); NYM @ NYY (Fri-Sun). Subway series will be a tough ticket.
2. June 19-23; SD @ NYY (Thurs 6/19); Cin @ NYY (Fri-Sun). Sea @ NYM (Mon 6/23).
3. June 27-30; NYY @ NYM (Fri-Sun); Tex @ NYY ( Mon 6/30). Subway series will be a tough ticket.
4. July 3-8; Boston @ NYY (Thurs-Sun); SF @ NYM (Tues 7/8). Boston will be a tough ticket.
5. July 23-27; Day/Night game - MN @ NYY (Wed 1pm game); Philly at Mets (Wed Night) and Philly at Mets (Thurs); STL @ Mets (Fri-Sun).
6. August 22-26; Hou @ NYM (Fri-Mon); Boston @ NYY (Tues 8/26). Boston will be a tough ticket.

Hopefully one of these works.

JohnTucker0814
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Couple Ideas:
1. May 15-18; Wash @ NYM (Thurs 5/15); NYM @ NYY (Fri-Sun). Subway series will be a tough ticket.
2. June 19-23; SD @ NYY (Thurs 6/19); Cin @ NYY (Fri-Sun). Sea @ NYM (Mon 6/23).
3. June 27-30; NYY @ NYM (Fri-Sun); Tex @ NYY ( Mon 6/30). Subway series will be a tough ticket.
4. July 3-8; Boston @ NYY (Thurs-Sun); SF @ NYM (Tues 7/8). Boston will be a tough ticket.
5. July 23-27; Day/Night game - MN @ NYY (Wed 1pm game); Philly at Mets (Wed Night) and Philly at Mets (Thurs); STL @ Mets (Fri-Sun).
6. August 22-26; Hou @ NYM (Fri-Mon); Boston @ NYY (Tues 8/26). Boston will be a tough ticket.

Hopefully one of these works.

This is the week I'm catching 6 stadiums as I head out to NY and back...except I'm skipping the weekend Bos @ Nyy series... I'm going to the following games:

Saturday July 5th - Was @ Cin
Monday July 6th - Nym @ Phi
Tuesday July 8th - TB @ NYY
Wednesday July 9th - Min @ Bos
Thursday July 10th - SF @ NYM
Friday - Baseball HOF
Saturday - TB @ Cle

Should be one heck of a week!!!! I can't wait! I just purchased my Yankee's tickets today!

If anyone has any connections to get me good seats at any of those stadiums... I'm willing to pay good money for good tickets!!!! =)

nysox35
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
This is the week I'm catching 6 stadiums as I head out to NY and back...except I'm skipping the weekend Bos @ Nyy series... I'm going to the following games:

Friday - Baseball HOF
Saturday - TB @ Cle

Should be one heck of a week!!!! I can't wait! I just purchased my Yankee's tickets today!

If anyone has any connections to get me good seats at any of those stadiums... I'm willing to pay good money for good tickets!!!! =)

Wow, well done! That should be an awesome week, indeed.

JohnTucker0814
03-04-2008, 03:42 PM

Friday - Baseball HOF
Saturday - TB @ Cle

Wow, well done! That should be an awesome week, indeed.

Yeah, it's going to be a blast... I had to brag about it!!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I too will be going to the monday game versus our sox. First time in Yankee Stadium, Im pumped.:bandance:

Fenway
03-05-2008, 07:14 PM
How can you resist a Final Season Snoopy Yankees Doll Night that they will give away on September 17th against Chicago :tongue:

nysox35
03-06-2008, 08:23 AM
How can you resist a Final Season Snoopy Yankees Doll Night that they will give away on September 17th against Chicago :tongue:

Wow, good tip! I will be getting there early that night :D:

Pasqua's Posers
03-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Both Shea Stadium (July 27) and Yankee Stadium (July 28) are on my ballpark tour for 2008. After that, it's Fenway Park (July 29) and then Nationals Ballpark (July 30). Also going to see our Sox in San Francisco (May 17) and the A's ballpark (May 19). Good times...

SoxWillWin
03-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I know we made the trip to Detroit during the last year of Tiger Stadium, but for some reason Yankee stadiums last year doesn't spark much feeling for me. Not sure why. I know the history of the place, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to visit it before it goes POOF

SoxWillWin
03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Both Shea Stadium (July 27) and Yankee Stadium (July 28) are on my ballpark tour for 2008. After that, it's Fenway Park (July 29) and then Nationals Ballpark (July 30). Also going to see our Sox in San Francisco (May 17) and the A's ballpark (May 19). Good times...

trust me..that place is NOT a ballpark. It's a big pile of concrete with some grass in the middle. Just my opinion, but I'd take in two games at AT&T park and save the Mausoleum for another time.

Note: not trying to sound mean, but I just HATE the A's stadium....Sorry bout that

nysox35
03-06-2008, 09:35 AM
trust me..that place is NOT a ballpark. It's a big pile of concrete with some grass in the middle. Just my opinion, but I'd take in two games at AT&T park and save the Mausoleum for another time.

Note: not trying to sound mean, but I just HATE the A's stadium....Sorry bout that

I hear you, but there's something to be said for seeing as many stadiums as possible. Shea stadium is a dump too, but it's worth checking out once, just to see what it's like and say that you did.

But yeah, SF is one that I'd really like to get to at some point.

Pasqua's Posers
03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm sure it is-however, I'm going to ALL of the stadiums. Since I'm going to SFO to see the Sox, I arranged the trip so I could catch a game in Oakland...

WagMan
03-08-2008, 09:23 PM
If anybody has seen a game at Shea, where would you recommend getting seats? From what I've heard, the place is a dump, but I'm gonna check it out when I'm in New York in September and tix go on sale Sunday. Prices seem kinda steep, so what's the best deal?

Fenway
03-08-2008, 09:26 PM
If anybody has seen a game at Shea, where would you recommend getting seats? From what I've heard, the place is a dump, but I'm gonna check it out when I'm in New York in September and tix go on sale Sunday. Prices seem kinda steep, so what's the best deal?

Mezzanine Reserved best bang for your buck

pdimas
03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
My uncle just bought 6 tickets for the 16th and 17th games of the Yankess/ White Sox series. So it looks like we will be going :bandance: