PDA

View Full Version : McGriff Back To Tampa Bay?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 12:58 PM
I heard somewhere that McGriff wants to be traded back to Tampa, anyone else hear this?
Give McGriff credit, it didn't take him 94 years to realize his team sucks! :smile:

voodoochile
04-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I heard somewhere that McGriff wants to be traded back to Tampa, anyone else hear this?
Give McGriff credit, it didn't take him 94 years to realize his team sucks! :smile:

What makes him think TB wants to take his overpaid ass back? They aren't going to be in contention this year in THAT division. Why should they give up young players and pay lots and lots of money for a 38 YO soon-to-be-washed-up 1B?

Sheesh, the arrogance of these guys...

I want to go live on a beach in Hawaii, can I be traded to the family that won the Big Game?

cheeses_h_rice
04-24-2002, 01:34 PM

Did you just "hear" this in the air somewhere?

I'd be interested in reading something substantive about this. A lot of Blue Rock huffers had otherwise convinced themselves that, OK, last year was a fluke, but this year McWhiff would REALLY turn it on and not to worry.

MattSharp
04-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I'd be interested in reading something substantive about this. A lot of Blue Rock huffers had otherwise convinced themselves that, OK, last year was a fluke, but this year McWhiff would REALLY turn it on and not to worry.

I got in so many arguments last year with Cubs fans about this. Why would anyone thinkg Fred McGriff woudkd be the savior of the Cubs? The same goes for Moises Alou. Both these guys wer great players, but they are past their prime and can't be relied on to be the guys they once were .Too mad the Cubs will never realize this.....

duke of dorwood
04-24-2002, 02:05 PM
:bashbro

I am the exception

moochpuppy
04-24-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

a 38 YO soon-to-be-washed-up 1B?

Soon-to-be??? My guess he's already got his foot in the door.

Tragg
04-24-2002, 03:01 PM
He never wanted to leave in the first place. He just received an immense amount of pressure to leave.

And now that the one year mirage is over, he is understandably miserable.

bc2k
04-24-2002, 10:45 PM
McGriff is washed up. I don't know if anyone else watches Cubs games, but he is a liability in the field. He can't pick any throws from his teammates at first. Watching him boot one-hopper after another makes me appreciate Paulie more.

Anyway isn't this the last year of his contract?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

:woo-woo
"I told him!"

JoeBatters
04-24-2002, 11:13 PM
Good bye then , and who care's , I don't !

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by JoeBatters
Good bye then , and who care's , I don't !

Well, you must have cared enough to reply!
Anyway, I am just asking if anyone else heard this rumor, because I find it funny that a 38 YO first baseman doesn't want to "waste" the end of his career with this team! So relax fellas, our team is in FIRST PLACE! Let us rejoice! :gulp:

bc2k
04-25-2002, 12:12 AM

Well, you must have cared enough to reply!
Anyway, I am just asking if anyone else heard this rumor, because I find it funny that a 38 YO first baseman doesn't want to "waste" the end of his career with this team! So relax fellas, our team is in FIRST PLACE! Let us rejoice! :gulp:

I can understand a veteran wanting to spend his final years on a contender, but Tampa Bay? Dumbass.

voodoochile
04-25-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

I can understand a veteran wanting to spend his final years on a contender, but Tampa Bay? Dumbass.

He really didn't want to leave Tampa where his family is in the first place. He got talked into it, because he looked like a puss to not want to go play for a contender. Now that the Flubbies are officially NOT contenders, he is realizing he should have stayed home. It took him 3 weeks to decide to accept the trade last Summer and the trade included an extension on his contract. Should have been a warning sign that he would want to bail at the first sign of trouble...

bc2k
04-25-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

He really didn't want to leave Tampa where his family is in the first place. He got talked into it, because he looked like a puss to not want to go play for a contender. Now that the Flubbies are officially NOT contenders, he is realizing he should have stayed home. It took him 3 weeks to decide to accept the trade last Summer and the trade included an extension on his contract. Should have been a warning sign that he would want to bail at the first sign of trouble...

Oh I understand the situation. He is still a dumbass for thinking the Cubs were going to be a true contender.

Mathew
04-25-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by bc2k

He is still a dumbass for thinking the Cubs were going to be a true contender.

We have a winner! McGruff= the crime Dumbass!

Vsahajpal
04-25-2002, 03:12 AM

I have not heard this anywhere. I'd like to know where you heard it. McGriff had 4 RBI tonight...I hope your source reveals that Deshields, Hundley, Fassero, Stynes, Bere, and Alou all want to be dealt as well!

guillen4life13
04-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:bashbro

I am the exception

:lofton
So am I, and I'm even better!