PDA

View Full Version : Cubs day at CBOE Monday!!

soxfan13
02-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Well Monday is Cubs day here at the Chicago Board of Options. CBOE is sponsoring the new Cub scout seats this year and Ernie Banks will be down here to celebrate the marriage. So they just announced we can wear our Cubs gear so we look all nice and Cubbie for the media. I CANT WAIT to come in Monday with my Sox gear on, including my light up Sox hat. I hope they get me on camera. I dont think I have to ask Skottyj what he will be wearing monday. DO I?:redneck

Rocky Soprano
02-29-2008, 01:12 PM
What's the score?

whitesoxwilkes
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Well Monday is Cubs day here at the Chicago Board of Options. CBOE is sponsoring the new Cub scout seats this year and Ernie Banks will be down here to celebrate the marriage. So they just announced we can wear our Cubs gear so we look all nice and Cubbie for the media. I CAN WAIT to come in Monday with my Sox gear on, including my light up Sox hat. I hope they get me on camera. I dont think I have to ask Skottyj what he will be wearing monday. DO I?:redneck

You've worked there HOW LONG and still don't know the name of the exchange?

:redneck

soxfan13
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
You've worked there HOW LONG and still don't know the name of the exchange?

:redneck

:gulp: tooooooooooooooooo long i cant wait to get out of here and start my burger king career :redneck

spawn
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
:gulp: tooooooooooooooooo long i cant wait to get out of here and start my burger king career :redneck
Chicago Board Options Exchange is to long? it's only 6 more letters! :tongue:

Tekijawa
02-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I bet the markets tank and they all finish below 500.

DumpJerry
02-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Chicago Board Options Exchange is to long? it's only 6 more letters! :tongue:
Have you met a Trader? They can't sit still for more than 10 seconds!:rolleyes:

spawn
02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Have you met a Trader? They can't sit still for more than 10 seconds!:rolleyes:
Good point.

soxfan13
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
great quote from the memo they just passed out

"addionally, while we realize that Cubs versus Sox loyalties run deep (to put it mildly!), it is important that we set those differences aside on Monday and warmly welcome Ernie Banks, a great Chicago sports icon, as well as the Cubs officials.They are not only guests of the Exchange, but are now our valued marketing partners, as well."

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

spawn
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Just noticed something:

Well Monday is Cubs day here at the Chicago Board of Options. CBOE is sponsoring the new Cub scout seats this year and Ernie Banks will be down here to celebrate the marriage. So they just announced we can wear our Cubs gear so we look all nice and Cubbie for the media. I CAN WAIT to come in Monday with my Sox gear on, including my light up Sox hat. I hope they get me on camera. I dont think I have to ask Skottyj what he will be wearing monday. DO I?:redneck

How long can you wait? :cool:

This makes me glad I don't work on the floor.

Andy T Clown
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM

I will be there looking for your hat.

soxfan13
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Just noticed something:

How long can you wait? :cool:

This makes me glad I don't work on the floor.

Im out of it :scratch: meant cant :tongue:

soxfan13
02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I will be there looking for your hat.

Are you on the floor , if so come over to post 1 station 8:D:

alohafri
03-01-2008, 08:14 AM
My buddy works in their PR department. I bet he calls in sick!

itsnotrequired
03-01-2008, 09:03 AM
I dont think I have to ask Skottyj what he will be wearing monday. DO I?:redneck

Fat pants and a tube top.

Gavin
03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
great quote from the memo they just passed out

"addionally, while we realize that Cubs versus Sox loyalties run deep (to put it mildly!), it is important that we set those differences aside on Monday and warmly welcome Ernie Banks, a great Chicago sports icon, as well as the Cubs officials.They are not only guests of the Exchange, but are now our valued marketing partners, as well."

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

always a good idea to take advantage of every possible chance to make a bad impression and show irreverence in front of your employer...

itsnotrequired
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
always a good idea to take advantage of every possible chance to make a bad impression and show irreverence in front of your employer...

Only if he acts the fool. Wearing Sox gear and acting polite shouldn't be a big deal. But if I know soxfan13, he will pound ten beers before work, bait Cub fans all day and punch Banks right in his freakin' face.

:drunken::anon:

ksimpson14
03-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Only if he acts the fool. Wearing Sox gear and acting polite shouldn't be a big deal. But if I know soxfan13, he will pound ten beers before work, bait Cub fans all day and punch Banks right in his freakin' face.

Excellent :redneck

soxfan13
03-02-2008, 07:04 AM

Actually CBOE is not my employer. I work for a trading group on the floor. And actually my employers encouraged me to wear the Sox gear. Direct quote for one of the bosses when the announcement was made "Johnny you have to come in here all Soxed up"!!!

soxfan13
03-02-2008, 07:08 AM

I might pound the beers if I could but i have 3 days left of a self imposed no drinking for a month. I am not gonna ruin it just to have fun with the Cub fans. I met Banks years ago at a golf course and is a very nice man if you could get past the fact that he was just sitting in the clubhouse watching a Lakers playoff game, shouting "Shaq attack" and "does your wife know you're here" every 5 minutes. Signed a few golf balls for me that are in my sports mem collection.

Andy T Clown
03-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Are you on the floor , if so come over to post 1 station 8:D:

I will stop by wearing my 2005 World Series pin.:cool:

skottyj242
03-03-2008, 08:40 AM
I am wearing green kahkis and a hooded sweatshirt.

skottyj242
03-03-2008, 08:41 AM

You don't know his current and my former employers.

spawn
03-03-2008, 08:50 AM
And it's always a good idea to make a smart ass comment when you have no idea what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

soxfan13
03-03-2008, 08:51 AM
I am wearing green kahkis and a hooded sweatshirt.

Yeah really disappointed in you:tongue:. I thought for sure youd be all Soxed up. Ernie did see my light up Sox hat though:D:

Scoots, Couldnt get the tat that i wanted on saturday I guess it would be too big for my calf so have an appointment for wed night just going with the Sox logo.

Andy T Clown
03-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah really disappointed in you:tongue:. I thought for sure youd be all Soxed up. Ernie did see my light up Sox hat though:D:

Scoots, Couldnt get the tat that i wanted on saturday I guess it would be too big for my calf so have an appointment for wed night just going with the Sox logo.

Was it a black hat? I didn't see it lit up.

soxfan13
03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Was it a black hat? I didn't see it lit up.

Yes black I turned it off after they all walked by, the logo lights up. I didnt want to burn the battery. Those little ****ers are expensive :tongue:

skottyj242
03-03-2008, 10:15 AM
I said hi to him when he walked by.

soltrain21
03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
My girlfriend works for the Cubs. (shut up). She sent me a text today telling me that Ernie Banks told her that she should marry R. Kelly...?

She is a Sox fan, though.

skottyj242
03-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Some of these guys were cool when we had Sox day in 2006 so I kept it calm.

spawn
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM
My girlfriend works for the Cubs. (shut up). She sent me a text today telling me that Ernie Banks told her that she should marry R. Kelly...?

Is your girlfriend 12?

PatK
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM

She is a Sox fan, though.

I hope your g/f slapped him

soltrain21
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
haha. 23.

I think she just kind of looked at him. What a weird ****ing thing to say, either way.

soxsider77
03-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Some of these guys were cool when we had Sox day in 2006 so I kept it calm.
I work for the CBOE, not a firm. And you are right they were cool. One thing everyone has to understand, I would much rather it be the sox but it wasn’t and it all comes down to business. Have to put your difference aside.