PDA

View Full Version : Parque brought up?


foulkesfan11
04-24-2002, 12:53 PM
My boss told me that Jim Parque was brought up today and that Barcelo was sent down. Is this true? I haven't heard anything about it.

Paulwny
04-24-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
My boss told me that Jim Parque was brought up today and that Barcelo was sent down. Is this true? I haven't heard anything about it.


http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9792

Soxboyrob
04-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
My boss told me that Jim Parque was brought up today and that Barcelo was sent down. Is this true? I haven't heard anything about it.

It is indeed true. Mike Murphy on the Score interviewed the Charlotte Knights' announcer and asked him about how Parque has looked since being sent there. Surprisingly, he said that Jimmy's stats are sort of deceiving and that he's had good velocity and good command and that the power alleys at that park are about 350 ft. He noted that there have been some cheap homers that would have either been outs in the major leagues or doubles, at worst. He said that after Parque's first couple of starts, his velocity is said to have returned to where it ought to be. Not sure how much of this I believe, but it'll be interesting to see it with our own eyes.

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 01:07 PM
:butter
"told you dumbasses I was good enough!!!!!!David Wells told me i was a big game pitcher!" BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kermittheefrog
04-24-2002, 01:19 PM
Well it's not like the Charlotte anouncer will say bad stuff about Parque. I think the bottom line is he gave up more home runs than anyone else in the International League. That's not good, I'm scared but I hope he does well.

MattSharp
04-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Well it's not like the Charlotte anouncer will say bad stuff about Parque. I think the bottom line is he gave up more home runs than anyone else in the International League. That's not good, I'm scared but I hope he does well.

Yea I am worried about this too. I would imagine hes gonna me put in the rotation? Prolly see Rauch go to the pen. I thought thats who they would have sent down. Whatever............

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 01:39 PM
So Parque doesn't throw 92-98 MPH, Big Deal! Neither does Jamie Moyer for Seattle and he's been a succesful pitcher. Let's take a look at last year when we had (shivering!) Alan Embree, he threw at 95MPH and he couldn't get anyone out! I think Parque will be OK! Hey that rhymes! :smile:

delben91
04-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I think Parque will be OK! Hey that rhymes! :smile:

Ok, no more drugs for Wreck :)

Randar68
04-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
So Parque doesn't throw 92-98 MPH, Big Deal! Neither does Jamie Moyer for Seattle and he's been a succesful pitcher. Let's take a look at last year when we had (shivering!) Alan Embree, he threw at 95MPH and he couldn't get anyone out! I think Parque will be OK! Hey that rhymes! :smile:

The probelm is:

Coming back from shoulder surgery, it takes a good amount of time to not only get your velocity back, but even then, control is the last thing to return. We are seeing it with Rauch and it's been the exact same problem for Parque in AAA...

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by delben91


Ok, no more drugs for Wreck :)

Gee thanks......NARC! :smile:
You are no fun! :angry: :angry: :?: :?: :smile: :D:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Randar68


The probelm is:

Coming back from shoulder surgery, it takes a good amount of time to not only get your velocity back, but even then, control is the last thing to return. We are seeing it with Rauch and it's been the exact same problem for Parque in AAA...

Well let's hope Parque has some control 'cause Barcelo sure didn't! Butter is a competitor and he's gonna give it his all. It can't hurt to give the guy a try!
Hey that rhymes too! :smile:

Randar68
04-25-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck


Well let's hope Parque has some control 'cause Barcelo sure didn't! Butter is a competitor and he's gonna give it his all. It can't hurt to give the guy a try!
Hey that rhymes too! :smile:

Let's hope, but he didn't have any at AAA, so I'm not too optimistic about him...

JoeBatters
04-25-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp


Yea I am worried about this too. I would imagine hes gonna me put in the rotation? Prolly see Rauch go to the pen. I thought thats who they would have sent down. Whatever............

Yup me too BIG time , i guess we'll see ? God i hate that saying !

BuehrleACE56
04-25-2002, 12:03 PM
It is in fact true that Parque was brought up. It happened sometime on Tuesday I think. He was available in long relief on Wednesday but Danny Wright didn't get another early hook. In fact I was watching on CLTV and DJ thought it was Parque coming on when Manuel made the call for a lefty when in fact it was Damaso Marte. In any event, he's back and I hear he is going to take Rauch's spot in the rptation starting Friday. Even if he doesn't just yet you can bet that another rough outing by Big Jon and he'll be joining Barcelo in Charolette, or at least be in the bullpen. I personally am all for it. Parque is experienced and Rauch has been iffy. Jerry will make the right choice. Hopefully.