PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Garcia news

salty99
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1076521&srvc=sox&position=5

twentywontowin
02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I'd like to get him back at the right price with an incentive-laden contract.

$3 million base, up from there?

spawn
02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
3 million for someone coming off of rotator cuff and labrum surgery? Yeah, I don't think so. Not until he proves he can still pitch at the major league level.

voodoochile
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Nice to know he'll be getting healthy enough to help someone around the time the Sox will possibly be ready to make a move for more pitching depth.

He'd look great back in the silver and black if he's healthy...

doublem23
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
3 million for someone coming off of rotator cuff and labrum surgery? Yeah, I don't think so. Not until he proves he can still pitch at the major league level.

With the current market for pitching, a base salary of $3 million isn't really that much, especially for a guy who can be pretty solid on the mound when healthy.

Brian26
02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Guys on the Sons of Sam Horn board say Garcia left the Red Sox clubhouse by 8am this morning after being checked out by the Red Sox trainer.

There are two stories floating around. Either things didn't go well, or Garcia had visits scheduled with other teams later in the morning.

ksimpson14
02-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Good luck with the rest of your life Freddy. Sorry, this is a no brainer to me, if the choice is a young guy or prospect or Freddy, pick the young guy. Get some experience or see what you got. I have Ring Day fresh in my mind. Multiple times that year, in addition to working slow/getting behind hitters, questionable chemistry factor, sometimes questionable drive, then you got the MPH disappearing and him trying to become a new pitcher in a championship run, and now injuries

And I love him to death, retaliation, hitting guys like Delmon Young or Derrek Lee (Lee was retaliation), I would lie if I didn't say it brought a smile to my face, but yeah, time to move on

Zisk77
02-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I've seen enough of non -runners steal off of Garcia standing -up to last a life time. Thanks for 3 great years with the sox and have a great career.

Noneck
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
I've seen enough of non -runners steal off of Garcia standing -up to last a life time.

And you'll keep seeing that same crap with Contreras. Why nothing is done about this in spring training baffles the hell out of me.