PDA

View Full Version : Joe Carter sucks...

Kilroy
04-24-2002, 10:27 AM
They just played a sound byte of him from last night's drubbing:

The good thing about being down 6 runs in the bottom of the third is that it's the bottom of the 3rd. You can't come into the batter's box thinking about hitting a 4 or 5 run homer.

Yes, he really is that dumb.

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 10:32 AM
The worst i ever heard was out of chimp carray.

Cubs are down 5-1 and shamME hit a grand slam.

"That's a rally killer. I'd rather he hit a double and keep it going"

Personally. I would rather tie the game and make sure you're not going to lose at that time. grandslam is a rally killer. *****! Cant get anymore runs at one time.

Randar68
04-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
They just played a sound byte of him from last night's drubbing:

Yes, he really is that dumb.

What do you mean, that sounds like an Ed Farmer quote if I ever heard one....

Max Power
04-24-2002, 10:36 AM
I only watch Cubs games to laugh at what those two idiots say. Eventually- quickly- it becomes so irritating that I have to change the channel, or mute it if the Cubs are losing.

FarWestChicago
04-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

What do you mean, that sounds like an Ed Farmer quote if I ever heard one.... Well, Farmer is a huge Flubs fan. Maybe it just runs in Flubs fans.

rmusacch
04-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Well, Farmer is a huge Flubs fan. Maybe it just runs in Flubs fans.

Farmer is a Flubs fan? I did not know that. I thought he was a southsider through and through plus he pitched for the Sox.

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 11:21 AM

I bet Wills attitude toard the cubs really drives him nuts.

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

I bet Wills attitude toard the cubs really drives him nuts.

Wills should have his Job. They might get better ratings on the radio. Pretty soon Sox-and-Roll will be kickin their ass. :D:

baggio202
04-24-2002, 02:25 PM
thats nothing...did you hear what this idiot said about mike hapton's pitching struggles??....chip brought it up and said mike is really struggling..its like he is trying to so hard to justify the money he is making he cant seem to ge it together...joe jumps in the with this gem....no thats not it chip...problem is he is hitting the basll so well as a pitcher he forgot that his first job is to get people out with his arm and not hit home runs at the plate...

what a tool

Kilroy
04-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
thats nothing...did you hear what this idiot said about mike hapton's pitching struggles??....chip brought it up and said mike is really struggling..its like he is trying to so hard to justify the money he is making he cant seem to ge it together...joe jumps in the with this gem....no thats not it chip...problem is he is hitting the basll so well as a pitcher he forgot that his first job is to get people out with his arm and not hit home runs at the plate...

what a tool

Another winner!!

I didn't see the game, I bet he was in rare form.

The best one is when he said "For whom the bell TOILS."

cheeses_h_rice
04-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
The best one is when he said "For whom the bell TOILS."

I think it was something like "the bells are certainly toiling for [insert name of player here]!" They re-ran that on the Score a few times, and it was cracking my sh*t up.

Foulke You
04-24-2002, 03:39 PM

What's with all the anti-Farmer people around here? Say what you want about Farmer but he is certainly not a Flubs fan. The guy is definitely for the Sox. I had my radio with me at Wrigley Field last year during the crosstown series and Farmer was really wound up for that game. He was taking shots at the Cubs players, Sosa, the Wrigley pressbox. In fact, he suggested that the next time Eric Young came to the plate (after the spikes high slide) that they should throw at his head. Does this sound like a guy who is for the Flubs? I think Farmer and Rooney call a great game and are a welcome relief when DJ starts getting on my nerves.

:farmer
"F*** the Cubs!"

Cheryl
04-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

What's with all the anti-Farmer people around here? Say what you want about Farmer but he is certainly not a Flubs fan. The guy is definitely for the Sox.

I can't stand Ed Farmer, but he's not a Flubs fan.

FarWestChicago
04-24-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

What's with all the anti-Farmer people around here? Say what you want about Farmer but he is certainly not a Flubs fan.
Originally posted by Cheryl

I can't stand Ed Farmer, but he's not a Flubs fan. Well, I listen to R&F during most games. Farmer is a HUGE Sham-ME fan and also frequently talking up the Flubs. This makes him a Flubs fan to me. Your definition may be different.

Huisj
04-24-2002, 04:56 PM
I like Farmer. I've listened to a decent number of games on the radio the last few years, and this year i've listened to just about all of them since I can't get them on tv here at all. He says things that make sense--his evaluations of players make sense, and interesting things about pitchers in particular. He has that subtle sarcasm in a lot of things he says--I can see that if someone doesn't have a sarcastic streak in them, they might just think he's a droaning moron, but I really happen to like him.

And from listening to games, I don't really understand how he's a cubs fan. That just doesn't really make sense.

FarWestChicago
04-24-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Huisj

And from listening to games, I don't really understand how he's a cubs fan. That just doesn't really make sense. Let's see, Farmer loves Sham-ME. He frequently raves about how great Sham-ME is. He also speaks highly of the Flubs whenever he mentions them. So, what "doesn't really makes sense"?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Call the papers and tell them tomorrows headline: Joe Carter Is An Idiot Yes he is one but Farmer has his moments too. I listened to him during the Indians series and he went on for what seemed like three innings about the Indians mascot, Chief Wahoo, and his feather. He kept going on and on about how the Atlanta Brave has feathers and Chief Wahoo only has one, hence the Brave is a Chief and vice versa. You could hear the lack of interest on this subject in Rooney's voice. If he could, John would have told Ed to shut the f*#% up!

baggio202
04-25-2002, 02:03 AM
i like farmer.. ithink out of all 4 sox annopuncers he is the one thats the least "homer" or company man....he is no jimmy piersall talking about ralph garr but if a guy is dogging it farmer wil lay into him..i like that..last year he got on carlos' case pretty good