PDA

View Full Version : WhiteSox.com Minor League Report

rdivaldi
02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Lots of interesting stuff about Poreda. Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080227&content_id=2392377&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

SoxxoS
02-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Egbert:gah:

rdivaldi
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Give it a week, it just might be some early season "ouchiness".

btrain929
02-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Give it a week, it just might be some early season "ouchiness".

Yes. I've been looking at a lot of teams websites this week and there's a lot of people experiencing soreness and discomfort. I don't think it should be too serious. He wasn't going to make the 25 man out of spring anyways, so no harm in rushing him.

California Sox
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
"I think the one gift I have is the fastball," said Poreda, who pitched three years for the University of San Francisco before joining the White Sox. "I don't think my secondary stuff will ever be able to compete with that pitch."

Looks like the new change and slider aren't coming along too well.

On the other hand, if you can only have one pitch a power fastball with sink is the one to have. Just ask Brandon Webb.

btrain929
02-28-2008, 04:28 PM

On the other hand, if you can only have one pitch a power fastball with sink is the one to have. Just ask Brandon Webb.

I wouldn't take that away from what he said. You can learn offspeed stuff. You can't learn to throw hard and pound the strikes zone (not only does he throw hard, but he had impeccable control in college and the same in Great Falls.)

Thornton's slider isn't all too great, but coming after a 96 MPH fastball, it does damage. Hopefully Poreda can get something similar to that. If he has a change that is close to average, he will be fine.

rdivaldi
02-28-2008, 05:22 PM

Are you guessing that from the article or have you seen him in Arizona?