PDA

View Full Version : Richar arrives, Owens scratched

Sockinchisox
02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Owens has been scratched from todays opener because of his groin. And Richar has finally arrived at camp

Bourgeois has taken over.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/

Dunno if this has been posted but here's the lineup for the opener, (which is probably going to change because they need either a LF or CF now with Owens out)

Bourgeois
Cabrera
Thome
Konerko
Dye
Pierzynski
Fields
Uribe
Anderson (originally playing LF, may switch to center).

Danks pitching.

itsnotrequired
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I like Bourgeois.

btrain929
02-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I like Bourgeois.

I REALLY like Bourgeois.

getonbckthr
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Tv?

btrain929
02-27-2008, 11:12 AM
I know Bourgeois came up as a 2B, but what does he play in the OF? CF?

Chilli Palmer
02-27-2008, 11:24 AM
I know Bourgeois came up as a 2B, but what does he play in the OF? CF?

Who knows with OG as manager anything is possible.

JorgeFabregas
02-27-2008, 11:32 AM
He played a bunch of positions for Charlotte--CF included.

voodoochile
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Anyone got a link to Bourgeois' stats?

The Immigrant
02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone got a link to Bourgeois' stats?

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=1564

voodoochile
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=1564

Thanks. Looks like he's got a decent eye and some good speed as well as being versatile defensively. If the Sox do trade Uribe, he'd make a good bench player if he can adapt to big league pitching.

JohnTucker0814
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Any word on the progress of Quentin? Is he practicing, are we going to see him today?

swisherfan
02-27-2008, 01:36 PM
How seroius is this groin issue? Is it precautionary or more?

sox1970
02-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Any word on the progress of Quentin? Is he practicing, are we going to see him today?

He played in an intrasquad. Not sure if he's in there today.

Sockinchisox
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
How seroius is this groin issue? Is it precautionary or more?

They have him listed as day-to-day but he injured it on Monday and was supposedly "ready to go" yesterday.

WhiteSox5187
02-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm a little worried about Owens...he seems a bit too injury prone.

kittle42
02-27-2008, 02:10 PM

I'm worried because he might start for this team.

HaroMaster87
02-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh here we go with Uribe...looks like Ozzie is gonna make sure he gets every chance to be the starting 2nd baseman...:angry:

oeo
02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh here we go with Uribe...looks like Ozzie is gonna make sure he gets every chance to be the starting 2nd baseman...:angry:

With this thought process, I guess Anderson is locking up a starting job too. You can't have it both ways.

Not everybody plays in every Spring Training game. Have you never seen Spring Training before?

HaroMaster87
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
ummmm....yeah, once or twice...dont you think you should be giving the VAST majority of playing time at 2nd to either your Cuban defector who has ZERO MLB experience or Richar, who has about, what 2 months? Rather than fat lazy Uribe?

good point on BA too...dont care to see him ever again either...

kittle42
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
ummmm....yeah, once or twice...dont you think you should be giving the VAST majority of playing time at 2nd to either your Cuban defector who has ZERO MLB experience or Richar, who has about, what 2 months? Rather than fat lazy Uribe?

And so the spring training foolishness begins.

HaroMaster87
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
ohhhhhh...ok. I see...we're actually not allowed to comment on whats going on in ST.

Now I got it...disregard my previous two posts..:rolleyes:

Lemme know when it's ok to make an observation, ok guys?

kittle42
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
ohhhhhh...ok. I see...we're actually not allowed to comment on whats going on in ST.

Now I got it...disregard my previous two posts..:rolleyes:

Lemme know when it's ok to make an observation, ok guys?

Make all the observations you want. When they are ridiculous, expect to get slammed.

You are advocating that Uribe play sparingly, basically, because you think he should be gone. Anderson, too. If you can't figure out whey either of those things is ridiculous (and for the record, I don't care for either of those players), ESPECIALLY ON DAY ONE of ST games, then please, keep on keepin on and we'll keep responding.

HaroMaster87
02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Make all the observations you want. When they are ridiculous, expect to get slammed.

You are advocating that Uribe play sparingly, basically, because you think he should be gone. Anderson, too. If you can't figure out whey either of those things is ridiculous (and for the record, I don't care for either of those players), ESPECIALLY ON DAY ONE of ST games, then please, keep on keepin on and we'll keep responding.

So...after seeing Uribe's entire career, you mean to tell me you can't understand why I would want him gone??? SERIOUSLY???

ok...BA I guess you (but not I) could give you the benefit of the doubt...though he has had plenty of chances...

Sorry, but they both suck...they are both 25th roster guys...barely...

fozzy
02-28-2008, 01:13 AM

don't forget about getz when it all comes i wouldn't be suprised if he ends up winning the 2nd base spot.

Thome25
02-28-2008, 07:33 AM

I'm worried because he might start for this team.

Let's hope that KW gets coo coo for Coco Crisp in a hurry. I don't understand all of the Owens man-love on this site. Oh well, at least it's not as bad as the BA man-love used to be on these boards.

BA was the second coming of Mickey Mantle to some people and it seems like WSIers think Owens is the second coming of Rickey Henderson (as a player NOT personality wise), Kenny Lofton, or even Curtis Granderson.

oeo
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Let's hope that KW gets coo coo for Coco Crisp in a hurry. I don't understand all of the Owens man-love on this site. Oh well, at least it's not as bad as the BA man-love used to be on these boards.

BA was the second coming of Mickey Mantle to some people and it seems like WSIers think Owens is the second coming of Rickey Henderson (as a player NOT personality wise), Kenny Lofton, or even Curtis Granderson.

Please show me one person that thinks that. :roflmao:

Owens showed the ability to get on base at the end of 2007. If he can do that this year, then we have ourself a leadoff hitter. I'm not sure where you've pulled names like Rickey Henderson and Kenny Lofton from...let alone Curtis Granderson, who is more of a middle-of-the-order type hitter.

Coco Crisp is mediocre himself, and Boston wants real players for him. No thank you.