PDA

View Full Version : Crede update/Intrasquad highlights

JermaineDye05
02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Link (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/)

Good to see Crede is doing well defensively. Also nice to see the big bats producing already, even if it's an intrasquad game it's still good to see. Also nice to see Masset had 2 scoreless innings.

goon
02-26-2008, 05:19 PM

Good to see Crede is doing well defensively. Also nice to see the big bats producing already, even if it's an intrasquad game it's still good to see. Also nice to see Masset had 2 scoreless innings.

I'm glad to see guys like Masset and Sisco pitching well in the intrasquad games. They certainly have great stuff.

DumpJerry
02-26-2008, 05:21 PM

Great. We can't get a run off Masset.

Cuck the Fubs
02-26-2008, 05:28 PM

I don't know if I should :rolling: or :whiner:

btrain929
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Did you see the part in there that said Javier Vazquez did well in front of 2 major league scouts....?

Is that supposed to hint at something?

Errr?? :?:

JermaineDye05
02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Did you see the part in there that said Javier Vazquez did well in front of 2 major league scouts....?

Yeah I didn't quite understand that part either.

KyWhiSoxFan
02-26-2008, 05:47 PM
What exactly does this reference--

>>Javier Vazquez pitched two perfect innings and struck out three in front of two major league scouts<<

--in the story mean? Does the writer mean that Vazquez is being scouted (which if not true is poor writing) or that scouts were there looking at some position players (and maybe that Vazquez made them look bad) or that two major league scouts were there, by the way (and the writer has no idea who they were looking at but he might as well throw them into a sentence somewhere)?

Frontman
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM

Again, that's just the Trib hoping you'd react to that report. They WANT you paranoid about the Sox, so you would turn your alligence northwards.........

Frontman
02-26-2008, 05:52 PM

Then why hasn't KW moved him yet?

Daver
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Pitchers are scouted every time they take the mound, be it by advance scouts for the next team played, general MLB scouts that are supposed to keep up with the general performance of the rest of their league, and scouts assigned to watch a player pre-trade, that will never say what player they are actually scouting.

oeo
02-26-2008, 06:02 PM

Vazquez isn't going anywhere.

JermaineDye05
02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm guessing the 2 scouts were most likely there to check out Crede and not Javy.

Craig Grebeck
02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Again, that's just the Trib hoping you'd react to that report. They WANT you paranoid about the Sox, so you would turn your alligence northwards.........
Uhhh....sure.

gobears1987
02-26-2008, 06:21 PM
LOL

There are certainly two ways to look at Masset pitching two scoreless innings. One very good outcome or a very bad one.

Metalthrasher442
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey you don't know how good those innings looked. He could have just got by scoreless.

KyWhiSoxFan
02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
I like the fact that Masset pitched two scoreless innings. I know a lot of people want to get rid of him, but I still have high hopes for him.

OTOH, I don't know what actually happened in those two innings or how he actually looked. All I can do is hope for the best.

That they hit Haeger and the minor leaguers is probably a good sign. They hit the guys they are supposed to hit.

Frontman
02-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Uhhh....sure.

I forgot the teal.

thedudeabides
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Tomorrow's lineup for the exhibition opener actually looks pretty close to a full lineup, sans Swisher.

I'm starting to get excited to see lineups being posted....even if it is just spring training. :D:

ChiSoxGirl
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Tomorrow's lineup for the exhibition opener actually looks pretty close to a full lineup, sans Swisher.

I'm starting to get excited to see lineups being posted....even if it is just spring training. :D:

I'm just excited to listen to a ballgame tomorrow! :bandance: I'm taking a little battery operated radio with me to school so as soon as I'm done teaching at 2:15, I'm putting the game on!

Frontman
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm just excited to listen to a ballgame tomorrow! :bandance: I'm taking a little battery operated radio with me to school so as soon as I'm done teaching at 2:15, I'm putting the game on!

You and me both. As much as they are not the best radio team in Sox history, I'm so stoked to hear the following tomorrow:

"It's time for White Sox baseball."

Followed by:

"Good afternoon from Tuscon Electric Park. I'm Ed Farmer, alongside my broadcast partner Chris Singelton as we get set to bring you the first Spring Training Game of 2008. Chris, the Sox are coming off of.....well, they're coming off of a pretty tough year."

"That's right Ed. But General Manager Kenny Williams has made some moves, he's traded a couple of players, brought in a few others, and this will be our first glimpse of this 2008 White Sox ballclub."

"You got that right partner. When we come back, Chris will have the starting lineups and I'll call the first pitch of the Sox Spring Training."

ksimpson14
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I've been getting giddy just reading about the intrasquad highlights, reading the posts of best HR they've seen, etc. Can't wait for tomorrow's game, just wish it was on TV, but radio will do (like the good old days, except still not the same without Rooney).

First coffee grinder reference? 1st inning? 2nd?

ksimpson14
02-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Also good to hear the Masset stuff, I haven't given up on him

Frontman
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I've been getting giddy just reading about the intrasquad highlights, reading the posts of best HR they've seen, etc. Can't wait for tomorrow's game, just wish it was on TV, but radio will do (like the good old days, except still not the same without Rooney).

First coffee grinder reference? 1st inning? 2nd?

They're in Arizona. The coffee grinder will come after the first golf reference.

And we love 'em for it!

ChiSoxGirl
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
You and me both. As much as they are not the best radio team in Sox history, I'm so stoked to hear the following tomorrow:

"It's time for White Sox baseball."

Followed by:

"Good afternoon from Tuscon Electric Park. I'm Ed Farmer, alongside my broadcast partner Chris Singelton as we get set to bring you the first Spring Training Game of 2008. Chris, the Sox are coming off of.....well, they're coming off of a pretty tough year."

"That's right Ed. But General Manager Kenny Williams has made some moves, he's traded a couple of players, brought in a few others, and this will be our first glimpse of this 2008 White Sox ballclub."

"You got that right partner. When we come back, Chris will have the starting lineups and I'll call the first pitch of the Sox Spring Training."

:bandance: Spot on! Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Frontman
02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
:bandance: Spot on! Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Heck, I've even changed my ringtone to "Thunderstruck" I'm so set for White Sox baseball.

ChiSoxGirl
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Heck, I've even changed my ringtone to "Thunderstruck" I'm so set for White Sox baseball.

My ringtone- "Don't Stop Believin'-" never changes! :wink:

Frontman
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM

That song got annoying to me about; well, honestly? As soon as Perry tried doing it acapella with AJ and the guys during the rally.

But to each their own in showing their "Sox Pride."

Metalthrasher442
02-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Danks gets the start.

I'm eager for this game! Can't wait for the updates when I get home from school.

Cuck the Fubs
02-26-2008, 11:51 PM

I just put "Go Go White Sox" on my iphone 3 days ago....now all we need is mother nature to actually realize it's spring:cool:

kittle42
02-27-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm not eager to read people's comments after they're pissed about something or other that happens in the first spring training game.

A. Cavatica
02-27-2008, 12:26 AM
"I can't believe Ozzie pulled the starter in the third inning!"

kittle42
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
"I can't believe Ozzie pulled the starter in the third inning!"

"Ramirez had a hit. He clearly is the starting 2B, and will hit .400. Trade everyone else!"