PDA

View Full Version : Matt Anderson

delben91
02-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Did a search and didn't see this anywhere. My apologies if it's old news.

Saw in the Daily Herald that the Sox signed Matt Anderson to a minor league deal.

Link (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=141944&src=162)

Yet another move that is low risk, and if they catch lightning in a bottle...potentially high reward. He hasn't put it together so far, so unlikely he will now, but hey, why not take a shot.

jabrch
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Isn't he dead?

munchman33
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Isn't he dead?

I thought he was the guy that blew out his arm at a hockey game.

rdivaldi
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Isn't he dead?

His arm is....

ksimpson14
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Hmm, everytime I think of Anderson I think of Konerko turning that fastball around (how many times was it close or in extra innings, and late in the game, it was Konerko vs Anderson)

That sucks how he got hurt (octopus throwing thing with the Red Wings in the article)

skottyj242
02-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm, everytime I think of Anderson I think of Konerko turning that fastball around (how many times was it close or in extra innings, and late in the game, it was Konerko vs Anderson)

That sucks how he got hurt (octopus throwing thing with the Red Wings in the article)

That game was a Sunday, the Friday night two days before I was at a Patio Party and we were telling him he sucked while he was catching fly balls on the warning track. He kicked warning track dirt all over me and my buddy, I was mid yell and got a mouth and beer full of gravel. I wasn't too happy. Then Sunday we were in the Stadium Club watching Konerko connect on the bomb. It was justice in my eyes. :smile:

jabrch
02-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd guess his chances of coming north with the club on opening day are very close to zero.

Carolina Kenny
02-26-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd guess his chances of coming north with the club on opening day are very close to zero.

I hope he wins the CF job.

skottyj242
02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I hope he wins the CF job.

What?

Oblong
02-26-2008, 03:03 PM
The octopus thing is supposedly an urban legend, I guess he threw it with his left hand. Either way, we still joke about it. The guy just threw em straight. MLB hitters will get that eventually, no matter how fast.
He was the real life "meat" from bull durham. Not the brightest. He and Rob Fick were roommates at Toledo and ordered pot via fed ex. When the cops delivered it they said they didn't order it, and oh yeah that bong on the table wasn't theirs either.
I was at his MLB debut, first warm up pitch out of the bullpen, he hits the backstop. Everybody started looking for PAWS, the mascot figuring he was next.

btrain929
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
That game was a Sunday, the Friday night two days before I was at a Patio Party and we were telling him he sucked while he was catching fly balls on the warning track. He kicked warning track dirt all over me and my buddy, I was mid yell and got a mouth and beer full of gravel. I wasn't too happy. Then Sunday we were in the Stadium Club watching Konerko connect on the bomb. It was justice in my eyes. :smile:

Sounds like a grinder to me...

kittle42
02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
He can join Andy Sisco in the "throw really hard with no movement" club.

Huisj
02-26-2008, 04:40 PM
He can join Andy Sisco in the "throw really hard with no movement" club.

They'd both have to get back to throwing really hard to be in that club. Last year Sisco was throwing about 92 it seemed before he got sent down.

btrain929
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
All I have to say about this signing is:

Queue the Boers and Bernstein audio clip:

"Whaaaat?"

Risk
02-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I remember him from when I was living in MI for grad school. The guy could throw 100 mph but had no control and that was about it. Those Tigers from 99' to 02' were beyond pathetic.

Risk