PDA

View Full Version : Video tribute to Ventura...

nut_stock
04-24-2002, 01:47 AM
Frank Thomas is quoted in the Tribune saying that he would like to see the Sox give a video tribute to Robin when he returns as a yankee, just as the Indians have done for Lofton and Alomar.

Pete_SSAC
04-24-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Frank Thomas is quoted in the Tribune saying that he would like to see the Sox give a video tribute to Robin when he returns as a yankee, just as the Indians have done for Lofton and Alomar.

For Lofton? Must have missed that one. All I've heard is a lot of Booing.

- Pete

Mathew
04-24-2002, 03:21 AM
But would people booo Ventura? I'd say give him a good reception.

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 11:26 AM
He is a Yankee now. That might make some people boo him just for that. I'll still cheer him on.

Nellie_Fox
04-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Robin should still be in a White Sox uni.

RedPinStripes
04-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Thanks JERRY! That did a lot of good!

duke of dorwood
04-24-2002, 12:16 PM
He will not be booed. He was kind of an anti-Reinsy.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 01:33 PM
I will cheer for Robin when he comes back! He is my favorite Sox player of all-time! But in the video tribute do you include this?
:nolanventura
If they do I hope they don't fire the scoreboard guys! :smile:

MattSharp
04-24-2002, 01:36 PM
I would bet in the video tribute they would show that scene where Frank has him like hanging over his shoulders and he is shaking him. I think that was after a grand slam.

Is Robin the Sox record holder for slams?

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I would bet in the video tribute they would show that scene where Frank has him like hanging over his shoulders and he is shaking him. I think that was after a grand slam.

I am getting old and my memory is going so I amy be wrong. But didn't Robin usually come up big in the clutch? I remeber one bot 9, 2 out, 3 run down slam he hit in the early-mid 90's. But I don't remember anymore who they were playing.
Damn, I used to know who was pitching.

Hello?
Who am I?
Why am I typing?

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

You're thinking of the grand slam to win the game against Texas in July 1991! And yes I believe Robin does hold the record for Slams for da Sox! He is the current active MLB leader in that dept. I remember that slam VS. Texas, I was listening to the game on the radio because we didn't have cable in my house! Ah, good memories! :smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-24-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life

I am getting old and my memory is going so I amy be wrong. But didn't Robin usually come up big in the clutch? I remeber one bot 9, 2 out, 3 run down slam he hit in the early-mid 90's. But I don't remember anymore who they were playing.
Damn, I used to know who was pitching.

Hello?
Who am I?
Why am I typing?

Don't worry I got your back! Robin hit that slam off then Texas closer & former Sox Goose Gossage! I can't believe I remember that! :D:

sox_fan_4life
04-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck

Don't worry I got your back! Robin hit that slam off then Texas closer & former Sox Goose Gossage! I can't believe I remember that! :D:

Exactly, Thanks a bunch.
I think the neighbors almost called the cops to arrest the crazy guy after he hit that.
I miss Robin.

Streets
04-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Robin and Frank were my top favorite players....I was crushed when he was no longer playing for the Sox, even started cheering for the Mets a little. I will definately be at that game to cheer for him.

foulkesfan11
04-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I second that!

doublem23
04-24-2002, 04:26 PM
Oh, yeah... Robin's been like my idol (doublem23), since I always played 3B and what not... I'm gonna be at the game on May 27 when he comes back... I'm cheering him on. It's not like Giambi or Payrod who just left for the money, Robin was offered peanuts by the Sox.

http://www.robinventura.homestead.com/files/23cartoon.jpg