PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Signs Deal?

skottyj242
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Just saw on ESPN 2 bottom like that the White Sox and Bobby Jenks agree to one year deal. Haven't seen anything else on it.

rdivaldi
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Just saw on ESPN 2 bottom like that the White Sox and Bobby Jenks agree to one year deal. Haven't seen anything else on it.

It's just your typical non-arbitration eligible deal.

ksimpson14
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes, heard it last night, saw same ESPN crawl, was coming here to wonder why it wasn't posted :p

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080224-bobby-jenks-white-sox,0,4123259.story

balke
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
This is good. If for some reason things fall apart this season, and the Sox need to go in a different direction it would be easier trading Jenks if he's got an extra year on his contract. Plus, otherwise he's awesome too so might as well try to get him now, before he establishes that consistency that makes contracts balloon too large.

Gammons Peter
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
:screwloose:This is good. If for some reason things fall apart this season, and the Sox need to go in a different direction it would be easier trading Jenks if he's got an extra year on his contract. Plus, otherwise he's awesome too so might as well try to get him now, before he establishes that consistency that makes contracts balloon too large.

btrain929
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
This is good. If for some reason things fall apart this season, and the Sox need to go in a different direction it would be easier trading Jenks if he's got an extra year on his contract. Plus, otherwise he's awesome too so might as well try to get him now, before he establishes that consistency that makes contracts balloon too large.

This deal doesn't give him an extra year on his contract. It's simply a contract for '08, giving him a little raise for his solid work the past 2 years, instead of just giving him the bare minimum. He's still arbitration eligible next year, where the Sox can either come up with some type of long term extension, or go year by year with him ala Crede. Paying him more than the Sox have to this year might be a step in the right direction as far as extension talks are concerned.

skottyj242
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
It's just your typical non-arbitration eligible deal.

I figured that, didn't think it was a huge extension. It's just good to see they bumped him up.

balke
02-25-2008, 01:53 PM
This deal doesn't give him an extra year on his contract. It's simply a contract for '08, giving him a little raise for his solid work the past 2 years, instead of just giving him the bare minimum. He's still arbitration eligible next year, where the Sox can either come up with some type of long term extension, or go year by year with him ala Crede. Paying him more than the Sox have to this year might be a step in the right direction as far as extension talks are concerned.

Ah, my bad. I was going off of the sportsticker this morning too. I thought it was a one year extension.