PDA

View Full Version : Spring training record, you decide

soxwon
02-25-2008, 08:16 AM
The sox have 33 games scheduled this spring.
Guillen has said, this spring he wants to win, not like past springs.
The last two springs i believe the sox have won 13-14 games combined.
Thats awfull, Winning big in spring, brings a great winning attitude into the season.
So predict the sox record for the 33 games.
Im going with 20-13.

hi im skot
02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
The spring training record means zero.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
The spring training record means zero.

bullcrap, im sick of having losing spring records, i want to win every game, every game.
it brings a winning attitude into the season, even kW and ozzie said so.
They dont want to lose even in the spring.
Its our ATTITUDE thats gonna win it for us again this year.
We are going to win it all, If you dont believe it.
I dont want to hear it!!!!

chisoxmike
02-25-2008, 09:31 AM
3-30

sox1970
02-25-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd like to see them play to win the last 10 games of spring. When there are 50+ guys in camp, it doesn't really matter what they do the first few weeks, as far as wins and losses.

btrain929
02-25-2008, 09:37 AM
The sox have 33 games scheduled this spring.
Guillen has said, this spring he wants to win, not like past springs.
The last two springs i believe the sox have won 13-14 games combined.
Thats awfull, Winning big in spring, brings a great winning attitude into the season.
So predict the sox record for the 33 games.
Im going with 20-13.

Sure it does, but it's not a requirement. A lot of teams would rather have players working on specific things then just plain out winning the games.

Some other poster said they won 10 games last yr and 12 or so the year before. If that's true, then you're approximation of wins the past few years is way off.

Plus, Ozzie already said there's going to be a more serious tone and the starters are going to be in the main games a lot more. I'll say 17-16.

chisoxmike
02-25-2008, 09:38 AM
But guys, in 2005 they had a bad record!!!!

Remember 2005!

itsnotrequired
02-25-2008, 09:38 AM
-2-35

Rockabilly
02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
anyone know the radio schedule on the spring training games

itsnotrequired
02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
anyone know the radio schedule on the spring training games

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast.jsp?c_id=cws

hi im skot
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
3.14-29.86

Jjav829
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
33-0 :bandance:

soxfan21
02-25-2008, 10:31 AM
I'll go with 17-20, but like sox1970 metioned before the first few weeks of camp there are so many players trying to make the roster as well as guys that are tying to work the kinks out of a few things, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens after that.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 10:43 AM
33-0 :bandance:

THats the spirit, we will start out 9-3, no stopping us in march, april may june july aug or sept.
Our year all the way. wise up Dark Clouds, Nothing but the best from the white sox this year.
Im pumped, so pumped, We are going to the World Series again.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
They have to show sox-mets in Memphis, they simply have to!!!

kittle42
02-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I agree that spring training records are meaningless, as preseason records are in any sport, but would put in the caveat that the Sox looked pretty bad in ST last year, and that it was an indicator of bad things to come.

Mr.1Dog
02-25-2008, 11:04 AM
THats the spirit, we will start out 9-3, no stopping us in march, april may june july aug or sept.
Our year all the way. wise up Dark Clouds, Nothing but the best from the white sox this year.
Im pumped, so pumped, We are going to the World Series again.

How much for a bag of what you're smoking? While I think we will improve from last years record, it's not going to be a drastic jump.

kaufsox
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
:whocares:

rdivaldi
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Overall ST records are meaningless; however, at the end of ST I consider the games to be significant as the A ball players are no longer seeing as much time. I am always concerned if we're playing like crap over the last week or so in March. If we go 0- 20 from March 1- 20 and then go 10- 0 from March 21- 30 I'd be very happy even though our record would be 10- 20.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
How much for a bag of what you're smoking? While I think we will improve from last years record, it's not going to be a drastic jump.

i last smoked in the 80's, see its dark clouds who drag us down.
i being the eternal optomist, see us winning it all.
we can do it, its in the attitude, then come the bats, the pitching, the defense.
its a domino effect.
You aint draggin my ministry down, with such balderdash.
Its ours to LOSE, its Detroits to beat US.
Youll be sayin," damn Da Rev was right, but i could never, say i was wrong, because we all made fun of him, and he was right"
Da Rev forgives and Believes- You will too.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Overall ST records are meaningless; however, at the end of ST I consider the games to be significant as the A ball players are no longer seeing as much time. I am always concerned if we're playing like crap over the last week or so in March. If we go 0- 20 from March 1- 20 and then go 10- 0 from March 21- 30 I'd be very happy even though our record would be 10- 20.

True fans dont want to lose 1 lousy game, a loss to me is a nail in my heart, a win pops that nail out, thats my perspective.
I loathe losing even Exhibitions, I guess im the most die hard of all time.

soltrain21
02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
True fans dont want to lose 1 lousy game, a loss to me is a nail in my heart, a win pops that nail out, thats my perspective.

No, that's not it.

rdivaldi
02-25-2008, 11:40 AM

So I'm not a true fan?

:?:

soxwon
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
No, that's not it.

well its certainly not someone who accepts losses.

Mr.1Dog
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM

You don't accept losses? :?:

soxwon
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
So I'm not a true fan?

:?:

your a good fan, with a future at being a great, true fan.
you have to devote your life to the team, when they lose you ache in all your bones, when they win, you feel energy and warmth circulaating in your blood.
you feel unbelievable, when a player gets hurt, you feel his pain.
when a player hits a homerun, you fel his joy.
THats a true fan, atleast i feel this in me.

itsnotrequired
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM

Get real. By your own description, you would be happy with a record of 82-80 with the last game of the season as a win. All nails would have been popped out by then so your heater could beat evermore.

hi im skot
02-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Da Rev/soxwon is the new Horsemaster.

kittle42
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Da Rev/soxwon is the new Horsemaster.

Nah. He was making no sense long before Horsemaster Fred came along. :D:

soxwon
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
get real ok, if you dont feel what i feel, your not in my ministry, you cant argue with my optomism.
Does it make sense to accept losses?
They are part of the game yes, but you want losses and expect them?
I certainly dont.
Dont cut me down for being optomistic, thats pure ignorance, to do so.
Just cause i feel that way and you dont, doesnt make me the one with a problem.
You want to believe, but you dont want to see me beat you to it.

itsnotrequired
02-25-2008, 12:26 PM
get real ok, if you dont feel what i feel, your not in my ministry, you cant argue with my optomism.
I certainly dont.

:rolling:

Mr.1Dog
02-25-2008, 12:27 PM
:popcorn:This is good stuff.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Get real. By your own description, you would be happy with a record of 82-80 with the last game of the season as a win. All nails would have been popped out by then so your heater could beat evermore.

no im happy with 90+ thats something.
marginal is cubthinking.

hi im skot
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I certainly dont.

I want to party with you.

JB98
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree with Kittle's earlier observation. The won-loss record isn't important. It's how the guys go about their work. I watched a few of the exhibition games last spring, and sadly, it was a foreshadowing of things to come in the regular season. It was just bad baseball.

I want to see the team look crisp in everything they do this spring. Whether they go 10-23, 17-16 or 23-10 is immaterial to me. Just play the game right. The habits that are formed now, that's what carries over into the regular season.

LITTLE NELL
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM
The last few years we were not just losing, we were getting creamed, does anyone know what the spring E.R.A. was for 06 and 07. We need to pick up the pace and not go through the motions. I would like us to be competitive for the first 22 games then for the last 11 play to win every game like it was the regular season.

hi im skot
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
The last few years we were not just losing, we were getting creamed, does anyone know what the spring E.R.A. was for 06 and 07. We need to pick up the pace and not go through the motions. I would like us to be competitive for the first 22 games then for the last 11 play to win every game like it was the regular season.

The Sox will be in good shape if they [insert sports cliche here].

:cool:

rdivaldi
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
The last few years we were not just losing, we were getting creamed, does anyone know what the spring E.R.A. was for 06 and 07.

TEP is a launching pad, any team that plays there gets its ERA inflated.

santo=dorf
02-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I agree that spring training records are meaningless, as preseason records are in any sport, but would put in the caveat that the Sox looked pretty bad in ST last year, and that it was an indicator of bad things to come.
Here's a great thread from last year:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85059

I don't think Iguchi is going to be THAT bad come April 2.

Front

And 90 games weren't good enough to make the playoffs last year.

The way the pitching has stunk up Arizone this spring, the Sox could be lucky to win 80 games this year. I hope I'm wrong and that there's a dramatic change for the better starting Monday, but I have serious doubts that can happen.

You're wrong.

We were 10-19 last year and won 90 games. :dunno:

Look at other teams and tell me they played minor leaguers like Ozzie did. If you watch any of those games on ESPN, all those teams are using their starting lineups. The Twins were on the other day, and they mentioned that Gardenhire only plays the minor leaguers in the late innings of their home games. Ozzie plays them from about the third inning on in every game. Our pitchers will be fine; you can't measure how well they will perform by stats in Arizona. The team, overall, will be fine. Do you seriously think they're going to be a below-.500 team?

kittle42
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Here's a great thread from last year:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85059

santo, hold onto this for use in, oh, about 2 weeks. :D:

BadBobbyJenks
02-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Like a few people have said I dont care until the last week of spring training.

LITTLE NELL
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM

play like there's no tomorrow

kaufsox
02-25-2008, 11:15 PM

play one game at a time.

soxwon
02-27-2008, 09:02 AM
play one game at a time.

win every game-and be the HAPPIEST!!!

rdivaldi
02-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I was reading through the game logs of last exhibition season, I had forgotten that we did not beat Colorado once going 0-5-1. Also if you look at the last 2 weeks, we went 3-10-1.