PDA

View Full Version : Taking my 10 month old to a game

Moses_Scurry
02-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Need a little help here. I'm tinkering with the idea of bringing my son to his first Sox game in June (he will be 10 months old at the time). I've been to probably 150 Sox games in my life, but this is the first time it will be with anyone younger than 15 or so. Where is the best section to get a ticket? Do I need to buy him his own ticket? Is there a special section for such small children? Do they allow me to bring in a stroller, and if not, do they have rentals? Or, is this just a bad idea all around? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

cws05champ
02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Take a look at this thread....it will answer most of your questions.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97666

jenn2080
02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
No you do not need a ticket and yes you can bring in a stroller and check it. You could also get an umbrella stroller and put it under your seat. There is no child section.

itsnotrequired
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
No you do not need a ticket and yes you can bring in a stroller and check it. You could also get an umbrella stroller and put it under your seat. There is no child section.

If the 10 month old is over 36" tall, he will need his own ticket...and should probably have his pituitary checked.

:irule:

alohafri
02-24-2008, 09:14 PM
If the 10 month old is over 36" tall, he will need his own ticket...and should probably have his pituitary checked.

:irule:

:bandance:Oh my God! Ha ha ha! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything as I was reading this!

A.T. Money
02-24-2008, 11:51 PM
On whether or not you should take him....ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

You're never too young (or too old) to attend your first Sox game!

The only regret you'll have is that he'll never remember it.

Oh well! I don't remember my first game probably because my dad did what you're going to do.

Good for you! Have a good time.

skottyj242
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Need a little help here. I'm tinkering with the idea of bringing my son to his first Sox game in June (he will be 10 months old at the time). I've been to probably 150 Sox games in my life, but this is the first time it will be with anyone younger than 15 or so. Where is the best section to get a ticket? Do I need to buy him his own ticket? Is there a special section for such small children? Do they allow me to bring in a stroller, and if not, do they have rentals? Or, is this just a bad idea all around? Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

What game? If it is a day game I would recommend sitting down the first base side just so the little guy won't be in the sun all day.

Jerko
02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Try to get a seat in the last row of an outfield section. There's a little area that's chained off between the back of the section and the front of the concourse, and they usually let you stash the stroller there (if people aren't already sitting there). You can probably just get any lower deck ticket and look for a spot once you get there depending on what game you're going to.

02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
When i took my kids when they were babies, I got seats in the 300 section (forgive me I forgot what it is called). Its a bit more expensive, BUT if it's hot, u can bring him into the air conditioned area to cool off for a bit....its a lot less crowded.

WizardsofOzzie
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
And be sure to protect the little guy's ears during the fireworks

:putitontheboard

soxwon
02-25-2008, 12:40 PM
nope sorry not till they are 5 or 6 years, lil kids distract from the game, they couldnt care less, if they can keep score take em.

i dont dislike kids, i love em, but not until they are old enough to know whats happening.
besides the heat is not good for babies, suppose a foul ball hits him.

itsnotrequired
02-25-2008, 12:45 PM
nope sorry not till they are 5 or 6 years, lil kids distract from the game, they couldnt care less, if they can keep score take em.

i dont dislike kids, i love em, but not until they are old enough to know whats happening.
besides the heat is not good for babies, suppose a foul ball hits him.

I've seen people drunk enough to not know what's happening either. Should they leave?

Heat solution = sit in the shade.

Foul ball solution = sit upstairs.

rdwj
02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Take him if you want, but be prepared. You won't be watching most of the game unless you're lucky enough and he falls asleep. Games just aren't fun for little kids - especially babies. And, they're not going to have any memory of it either.

My 5 yr old likes going, but she's not there to watch a game either. She wants to eat, walk around and see what's going on in Fundamentals. If I get to watch a few innings, I consider myself lucky.

Oh, and one last note - sit fairly far back from the field and try to stay away from line-drive areas. The last thing you want is your kid to get nailed by a foul ball. I'm always amazed at hom many people don't think of that whan bringing a kid to a game.

soxwon
02-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I've seen people drunk enough to not know what's happening either. Should they leave?

Heat solution = sit in the shade.

Foul ball solution = sit upstairs.

yes if your drunk leave, you want drunks around?
especially causing trouble- i sure dont.

fed ex 4 pasqua
02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I find drunks much more entertaining than dugout dancers, people throwing shirts into the stands, etc.

cws05champ
02-25-2008, 01:47 PM
especially causing trouble- i sure dont.

If that's the case, Wrigley would be only 1/4 full for most games, and the bleachers would be empty. :tongue:

Rounding_Third
02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Be sure to tour as many food vendors as you can with him. A Sox experience is not complete without savoring as many delectable aromas as possible. Of course this will hit you wallet a little harder in a few years as your son will want one of everything; maybe two.