PDA

View Full Version : Uribe, Richar

LITTLE NELL
02-24-2008, 05:00 AM
I just have this feeling that Uribe will be our starting second baseman come opening day. Danny Richar must be dumber than a box of rocks. Did he think that the 2b job was just going to be handed to him. I could never understand the Visa problems that arise with some players. Why do these guys like wait to the last minute to apply for visas or whatever else they have to do to get out of their countries?

HomeFish
02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Richar is a ballplayer, not an Administrative Law professor. Getting a visa is a complex, bureaucratic process that can genuinely confuse many people.

Madvora
02-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I think Juan is going to win the 2nd base job and have a pretty good year with the bat.
When Uribe first got here, he hit a double just about every single at bat, then he won his way into the starting lineup. That only lasted about half a season though. We haven't seen that for a long time.

KyWhiSoxFan
02-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Richar is a ballplayer, not an Administrative Law professor. Getting a visa is a complex, bureaucratic process that can genuinely confuse many people.

I doubt this is the first time Richar had to get a visa in order to leave the country to play baseball.

LITTLE NELL
02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Oh Please!

Noneck
02-24-2008, 12:20 PM
If Uribe is on the club, he will start. The Sox don't put 4m players on the bench. They always expect return on their financial investments.

sullythered
02-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Danny Richar must be dumber than a box of rocks.
Did Danny say something? Why is he "dumber than a box of rocks?" Gimme a quote, please.

Metalthrasher442
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm excited to see what Alexei can do after some experience in the majors. He seems like he has a lot of talent.

I wouldn't mind seeing him start next season after he makes adjustments. He seems like he could be a good lead off guy;)

WhiteSox5187
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I think Uribe is pretty far in the doghouse, the competition I think will be between Richar and Ramirez.

Metalthrasher442
02-24-2008, 01:21 PM
I think Uribe is pretty far in the doghouse, the competition I think will be between Richar and Ramirez.

I was very confident that Richar would get the job before spring, but now that he has missed a lot..I'm leaning towards Uribe. I would really like to see Ramirez, but I don't really think he's ready enough to beat out Uribe for the job.

Richar better hope he'll tear up ST when he gets here.

oeo
02-24-2008, 01:23 PM
If Uribe is on the club, he will start. The Sox don't put 4m players on the bench. They always expect return on their financial investments.

$4 million is not what it once was. It's only one year, as well. People need to stop acting like Uribe signed a 5-year, $22.5 million contract. It was a 1-year, $4.5 million.

Richar will win the job.

oeo
02-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Richar better hope he'll tear up ST when he gets here.

You act like he's missed 3 weeks. He's only missed a few days, and it will probably end up being a little over a week at most.

As long as he doesn't come in looking like he just finished some competitive eating over the offseason, he will be fine.

Metalthrasher442
02-24-2008, 01:29 PM
You act like he's missed 3 weeks. He's only missed a few days, and it will probably end up being a little over a week at most.

As long as he doesn't come in looking like he just finished some competitive eating over the offseason, he will be fine.

Yeah but Ozzie already said he was impressed with Uribe not taking the chance to not start to heart and how he was really going to compete. All I'm saying is that if Richar would have been on time it would have only helped him.

Noneck
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
$4 million is not what it once was. It's only one year, as well. People need to stop acting like Uribe signed a 5-year, $22.5 million contract. It was a 1-year, $4.5 million.

Richar will win the job.

4m is over 3.5m of what Richar is making. You don't see 4m players on the Sox bench. Also, Uribe will have to play in order for the Sox to get worth in a trade.

Uribe will start if on opening day roster.

white sox bill
02-24-2008, 02:26 PM
What red tape is needed to get a Visa aprroved? Did he not do this for last yr too? Seems he needs to be more pro-active. I mean he is a big boy now and although he isn't making much with regards to most in MLB, I can't help but think he is making more than most of us working stiffs

LITTLE NELL
02-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Did Danny say something? Why is he "dumber than a box of rocks?" Gimme a quote, please.
Nothing he said, its just that he might be blowing a shot at the 2B job by not showing up on time. Any job that one may have, you need to show up on time.

soxfanreggie
02-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Not saying the Sox or his agent have to do this, but why aren't they working hard to make sure their players have visas. If I have invested in a player, I'm not just going to assume that the visa is there. If I'm KW, I'm calling his agent to say, "Hey, just let me know when his visa gets approved, and if there's anything we can do, just let us know."

Sure it shouldn't be KWs job to baby-sit an adult, but I would rather he do that or someone watch over this than have a potential starter miss time like this.

I will say though, if you miss one or two days while trying to clear this up, you aren't going to forget how to play baseball. Who's to say he isn't working out there either.

cws05champ
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Not saying the Sox or his agent have to do this, but why aren't they working hard to make sure their players have visas. If I have invested in a player, I'm not just going to assume that the visa is there. If I'm KW, I'm calling his agent to say, "Hey, just let me know when his visa gets approved, and if there's anything we can do, just let us know."

Sure it shouldn't be KWs job to baby-sit an adult, but I would rather he do that or someone watch over this than have a potential starter miss time like this.

I will say though, if you miss one or two days while trying to clear this up, you aren't going to forget how to play baseball. Who's to say he isn't working out there either.
I for one would be willing to Join the Sox organization to make sure the players get their Visa's on time :D:

balke
02-25-2008, 07:08 AM
He who plays best in Spring Training will be the 2Bman IMO. There's no doghouse, or obligation at this point.

I say the smart money is on Uribe. He has the most power, and I'm guessing the best defense. I also think he'll hit for a better avg. in Spring training than Richar at least. Can't say much about Ramirez yet.

turners56
02-25-2008, 07:21 AM
He who plays best in Spring Training will be the 2Bman IMO. There's no doghouse, or obligation at this point.

I say the smart money is on Uribe. He has the most power, and I'm guessing the best defense. I also think he'll hit for a better avg. in Spring training than Richar at least. Can't say much about Ramirez yet.

They both have similar power, Richar has 20 homer potential just like Uribe. Richar is not a bad fielder either and he'll end up hitting way better than Uribe's annual .235-.250. If Juan can replay 2004, then I have nothing to complain about. But he hasn't played well in 2 years at the plate and he sucked last year on defense due to how lazy he is half the time. Richar is a better option as of now. We will have to see how they do in spring as it's Ozzie's choice.

34 Inch Stick
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I think Juan will win the battle for 2B in spring training. KW will spend every moment after that looking to move him.