PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Winning Ugly DVD: 20 years later

kruzer31
02-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Does anyone know where to find this or where they sell it????

Jeff

DumpJerry
02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Have you tried eBay or Amazon? Google might direct you, too.

Garland_IS_God
02-22-2008, 09:12 AM
I bought it at the stadium a few years ago. Im not sure if they still have it or not?

RadioheadRocks
02-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I bought mine at the stadium gift shop a few years back. Way cool DVD, however some of the audio seems a little garbled in portions (especially noticeable during some of the scene transitions).

dakuda
02-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Watch out if you buy it on eBay. I bought it a few years ago and received a color printout of the cover with a copied DVD. The DVD did not work and I eventually was refunded. There are some real ****heads out there.

Garland_IS_God
02-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Watch out if you buy it on eBay. I bought it a few years ago and received a color printout of the cover with a copied DVD. The DVD did not work and I eventually was refunded. There are some real ****heads out there.

Actually thats how they sold it at the Gift Shop. The copy they sent you probably was the original cause the one I bought at the Gift Shop looked like a burnt copy to.

soxfan1983
02-23-2008, 01:11 PM
i had posted about this a couple years ago and received the same responses from everyone. basically i think this is unavailable on dvd now. i even tried calling the producer of the dvd to no avail. ebay has copies but they are all burned. i wish they would release the dvd, i really wanna see it and add it to my collection of sox memorabilia.

BainesHOF
02-23-2008, 02:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with burned copies on a home computer. If someone does it properly, the burned disc should be exactly as the orginal.

I have the Winning Ugly DVD and I think there may have been some slight problems with the original production of it. I returned the first copy I received because there was some problems with the audio. The replacement copy turned out to have the same problem.

I think part of the problem may have been with how they produced the original DVDs. If I remember right, they weren't of the highest quality. That might have been responsible for the audio trouble since some players, especially at the time of the DVD's release, could have some trouble reading certain discs, especially of the cheaper variety.

VeeckAsInWreck
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
I bought my copy at the park back in '05 and I too had to return the first one. The originals did look like burned copies and I remember trying to watch in on my playstation 2 and it wouldn't play.

It's fun to watch but it could have used more game footage, who knows how much of it still exists.

asg2003ws2005
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM
my beef is that it's not from mlb productions. it's from einhorn's kid production company. they do a good job, but when you see the brewers 1982 dvd, it pales in comparison.