PDA

View Full Version : Anyone toasting to Harry tonight

Chicken Dinner
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I think it's tonite. :gulp::gulp:

http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/dining_event/10th-annual-worldwide-toast-river-north/312430/content

Hitmen77
02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
People in 100 countries toast to Caray, to commemorate the 100th year since the Cubs won the World Series.

:?: So, is this a toast to Harry Caray or a toast to the Cubs futility? Are there really 100 countries out there that care about the Cubs sucking for 100 years?

Since he was with the Sox too, should we get people in 3 countries to commemorate the 3rd year since we won the World Series? What about the 2nd year since the Cardinals won the Series?

alohafri
02-21-2008, 06:40 PM
:?: So, is this a toast to Harry Caray or a toast to the Cubs futility? Are there really 100 countries out there that care about the Cubs sucking for 100 years?

Since he was with the Sox too, should we get people in 3 countries to commemorate the 3rd year since we won the World Series? What about the 2nd year since the Cardinals won the Series?

That is exactly what it is going to be...a chance for all of those idiots to drink Cubbie Kool-Aid, people that think "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" was a song written by Harry Caray for the Cubs. (Sorry to sound like Hangar!)

Vernam
02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Milo Hamilton is :gulp:ing to the fact that Harry's been dead 10 years.

Vernam

Railsplitter
02-21-2008, 07:38 PM
I'll drink to a century of Schlubs futility. :gulp:

Roe Conn's promos for this on WLS had one minor error of detail: the Cubs were playing at the West Side Grounds before 1916 so there has never been a championship on the northside. :smile:

sox5960
02-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Just signed on to the boards tonight. Native Sox fan but haven't lived in the city the last 24 years. Just moved here last May. Was at Harry's tonight for the 10th anniversary toast. Wore my World Series Champion Sox cap. Lots of folks there, world's largest glass of beer tapped. 100 gallons, 100 cent Buds to celebrate 100 years of futility. My charitable side of me says it's time for the Cubs to win, but the Sox side of me says let them wait another 100 years. Sox side wins, the Cubs will play the Martian Marauders, the Mercury Minutemen, the Venus Vulcans, the Saturn Senators, or the Jupiter Jumpers in the 2108 World Series.
John

ChiSoxGirl
02-21-2008, 08:47 PM
That is exactly what it is going to be...a chance for all of those idiots to drink Cubbie Kool-Aid, people that think "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" was a song written by Harry Caray for the Cubs. (Sorry to sound like Hangar!)

I think this is an excellent opportunity for Pat & Ron to share a few comments about this event. :wink:

WhiteSox5187
02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Just signed on to the boards tonight. Native Sox fan but haven't lived in the city the last 24 years. Just moved here last May. Was at Harry's tonight for the 10th anniversary toast. Wore my World Series Champion Sox cap. Lots of folks there, world's largest glass of beer tapped. 100 gallons, 100 cent Buds to celebrate 100 years of futility. My charitable side of me says it's time for the Cubs to win, but the Sox side of me says let them wait another 100 years. Sox side wins, the Cubs will play the Martian Marauders, the Mercury Minutemen, the Venus Vulcans, the Saturn Senators, or the Jupiter Jumpers in the 2108 World Series.
John
:welcome:

THe Mercury Minutemen don't have the bullpen to go deep in the playoffs in 2108 anyways.

Medford Bobby
02-22-2008, 08:34 AM
:welcome:

THe Mercury Minutemen don't have the bullpen to go deep in the playoffs in 2108 anyways.

Was that before or after half the team was suspended for not using HGH???:o:

spiffie
02-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Was that before or after half the team was suspended for not using HGH???:o:
I believe they would use MGH, Mercurian Growth Hormone.

RadioheadRocks
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
No Falstaff, no toast.