04-23-2002, 09:20 PM
:twinslose

AL Central Standings
SOX 13-7
Twins 13-7
Indians 12-8 1
Royals 6-11 5.5
Tigers 3-15 9

It's nice to have taken back what is rightfully ours.

Tragg
04-23-2002, 09:29 PM
I think it's our first day in first all by our lonesome.

MattSharp
04-23-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I think it's our first day in first all by our lonesome.

Aren't we still tied? Or is ESPN just behind in updating the standings? Aren't the Sox and Twins both 13-7?

danman31
04-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Both are 13-7. ESPN updates the standings quickly, so they are almost always up to the minute(or so).

nut_stock
04-23-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Both are 13-7. ESPN updates the standings quickly, so they are almost always up to the minute(or so).

I bet were gonna have to win the last two against the tribe to stay in first. The twins are playing the d-rays, and they lost today. Expect them to beat theit ass for the remainder. Tampa Bay sucks!

Bmr31
04-24-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

I bet were gonna have to win the last two against the tribe to stay in first. The twins are playing the d-rays, and they lost today. Expect them to beat theit ass for the remainder. Tampa Bay sucks!

hmmmm dont be so sure. Any team can sweep any other team. The brewers just swept the cardinals, who are one of the best teams in baseball.

voodoochile
04-24-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Aren't we still tied? Or is ESPN just behind in updating the standings? Aren't the Sox and Twins both 13-7?

Tied or not, we are in first, just tied for first...

We were in first after the first game of the season too, if anyone cares...

ma-gaga
04-24-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

The Devil Rays have the Twins number. Last year they went 6-1 against the mighty Twins.

moochpuppy
04-24-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

The Devil Rays have the Twins number. Last year they went 6-1 against the mighty Twins.

You beat me to the punch ma-gaga. Radke has been very flat starting out this season and it showed again last night. Milton has been much better and I expect the Twinkies to win tonight.

How about Dustin Mohr? This kids seems for real.

ma-gaga
04-24-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
How about Dustin Mohr?

I didn't know much about Mohr coming into the season. The Jndians cut him in 2000, and the Twins picked him up immediately. He won the pacific coast batting title in 2001. He looks legit.

He turns the Twins RF situation into a strength. It's almost better that the Twins are suffering injuries to Ortiz and Buchanan. It gives Mohr at bats and he's producing. The kid is a steal.