LITTLE NELL
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Any word on how he looks so far.

oeo
02-20-2008, 04:22 PM
He looks heavy. :dunno:

WhiteSox5187
02-20-2008, 04:24 PM
You know, I think Toby got a bad rap last year. The guy busted his ass trying to come back from a torn labrum for God's sake, and we got on him because he didn't hit that well...well HE HAD A TORN LABRUM! I think he's going to have a much better year this year and will be a big help off of the bench.

spawn
02-20-2008, 04:24 PM
He looks heavy. :dunno:
Isn't that another word for "fat"? :dunno:

jenn2080
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
He is looking a little heavy in the rear. A lot of junk in the trunk.

Jerko
02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
You guys are dissing skotty's boy.

spawn
02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
You know, I think Toby got a bad rap last year. The guy busted his ass trying to come back from a torn labrum for God's sake, and we got on him because he didn't hit that well...well HE HAD A TORN LABRUM! I think he's going to have a much better year this year and will be a big help off of the bench.
Wasn't me. I thought he got a bad rap last year as well.

oeo
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Wasn't me. I thought he got a bad rap last year as well.

Ditto.

eriqjaffe
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
The guy busted his ass trying to come back from a torn labrum for God's sake, and we got on him because he didn't hit that well...well HE HAD A TORN LABRUM!...and he was still a better hitter than Gustavo Molina!

WhiteSox5187
02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
...and he was still a better hitter than Gustavo Molina!
Damn right! But hey, at least he got his big league hit.

Thigpen "57"
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM

Count me as one of those people. I was totally stoked about picking him up in the offseason. I think I had some displaced frustration that I put on him cause of the train wreck season we had last year.

So mark me down as him being a huge lift off the bench this year to fill in/pinch hit for A.J. against some lefties here and there.

santo=dorf
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Well then he should have gotten surgery. He could've realized after a couple of months it wasn't going well and then get the surgery. When he came back it was the start of the complete free fall of the Sox (coincidence? :redneck)

Gustavo Molina was an absolutely terrible hitter, but he seemed to handle the pitchers pretty well. A 4.26 CERA along with 2 SBs allow in 57 innings is pretty good, but can not make up for his little stick.

hi im skot
02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Dreamy.

/skotty'd

Jjav829
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he looks "great." :smile:

DumpJerry
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
He could use a haircut.

JorgeFabregas
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...he still HAS A TORN LABRUM, no?

whitesoxwilkes
02-20-2008, 05:54 PM

Sleak and oiled.

gogosox16
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he looks "great." :smile:
You know what I will back you up on that and even go on a bigger limb and say he layed off the twinkies this offseason:smile:

diehardRLsoxfan
02-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Gustavo Molina....when you are not even in the top 3 at your position with people of the same last name...it is time to find a new profession!

Brian26
02-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Well then he should have gotten surgery. He could've realized after a couple of months it wasn't going well and then get the surgery.

My thoughts exactly. It's a little like the Joe Crede syndrome here.

Correct me if I'm wrong...he still HAS A TORN LABRUM, no?

Yep. Still has the torn labrum. Supposedly he conditioned it all winter through various stretching and strength exercises. However, just like Crede's back, it could come back to bit him in the first month of the season.

sullythered
02-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Scruffy-faced.

SoxyStu
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM

He deserved for fans, his manager, his teammates, and his frickin dog to get on him for his performance last year. He was god damned pathetic and woeful at the plate when he played.

You've stated you want to keep Crede long-term and that Crede's bat is a question. Well, I'd like to see you share the same sentiment with Toby also being a question mark. The biggest differences I see between them is their defensive prowess and that only one of them has a player on the depth chart challenging his role on the team. Because of this and being in the first year of his deal, he will get a second chance.

No excuses, no forgiveness. I want to see you supersede 2007.

ode to veeck
02-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I like Toby Hall; I just hope he's OK as torn labrum is often more serious than our WSI poster by the same name, though surgery is not always necessary.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/shoulderelbow/a/labrum.htm

Ranger
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
My thoughts exactly. It's a little like the Joe Crede syndrome here.

Yep. Still has the torn labrum. Supposedly he conditioned it all winter through various stretching and strength exercises. However, just like Crede's back, it could come back to bit him in the first month of the season.

Actually, most torn labrums do NOT need to be surgically repaired. It's very rarely the right treatment. And from what I understand, usually it's only the guys who are in their 20s or younger that need the surgery...and that's only for certain types of tears. When they do the surgery, it's almost always after repeat injuries or dislocations.

In other words, if they don't know for sure it will do him any good, they aren't going to open him up. They probably wouldn't even know if he needs to have surgery unless he gets hurt again.

It's a little different than Crede's back situation.

chisox77
02-20-2008, 10:28 PM
Toby Hall will be fine. He's a decent player.

:cool:

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 09:39 AM
I asked AJ at the Auto Show if Toby was going to be ready to back him up once a week when we need him and he gave me the weirdest look and said that he hopes so. Toby Hall rules.

soxfan13
02-21-2008, 10:16 AM
He is looking a little heavy in the rear. A lot of junk in the trunk.

And why is that a big deal in Feb:redneck

Luke
02-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Actually, most torn labrums do NOT need to be surgically repaired. It's very rarely the right treatment. And from what I understand, usually it's only the guys who are in their 20s or younger that need the surgery...and that's only for certain types of tears. When they do the surgery, it's almost always after repeat injuries or dislocations.

In other words, if they don't know for sure it will do him any good, they aren't going to open him up. They probably wouldn't even know if he needs to have surgery unless he gets hurt again.

A labrum tear is a tricky diagnosis. I had shoulder surgery last winter, and the doctor thought there might be a labrum tear, but he just couldn't tell from the image. It turned out not to be, but one thing I learned in the process; a lot of people have torn labrums or small rotator cuff tears, and show no symptoms. Others are very obvious, it just varies from person to person.

In Toby's case I thought there was a grade 1 or 2 dislocation of the shoulder as well. Did anyone else remember hearing that?

jenn2080
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
And why is that a big deal in Feb:redneck

Because if it was smaller he would not have enough meat to keep the chairs warm in the bullpen.

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Because if it was smaller he would not have enough meat to keep the chairs warm in the bullpen.

I am going to tell him that you don't like him, then what are you going to do when your little cousin wants a ball?

http://lh3.google.com/jenn2080/RnWRq4-OIpI/AAAAAAAAJW8/vnjiY8cBQKI/pennsylvania%20367.JPG?imgmax=800

soxfan13
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I am going to tell him that you don't like him, then what are you going to do when your little cousin wants a ball?

http://lh3.google.com/jenn2080/RnWRq4-OIpI/AAAAAAAAJW8/vnjiY8cBQKI/pennsylvania%20367.JPG?imgmax=800

Did you just have your wisdom teeth pulled before that picture skotty?:tongue:

jenn2080
02-21-2008, 11:35 AM
I cant even see the picture.

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Did you just have your wisdom teeth pulled before that picture skotty?:tongue:

That is the worst picture I have ever taken in my life I think and we'll just say that I have lost a little weight since last summer.

soxfan13
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
That is the worst picture I have ever taken in my life I think and we'll just say that I have lost a little weight since last summer.

See I told you that you werent at your playing weight for this upcoming season:gulp:

skottyj242
02-21-2008, 02:58 PM
See I told you that you werent at your playing weight for this upcoming season:gulp:

I'm a lean mean fighting machine.