PDA

View Full Version : Practice Question

mcg
02-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I saw a picture of Josh Fields practicing with a "no pocket" glove on Uniwatchblog today. This might be a dumb question but is it normal for all fielders to practice with that glove during spring training or is Josh putting in some extra work on his defensive skills?

soxfan21
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
That's pretty normal for infielders to use during practice and during drills.

skottyj242
02-20-2008, 02:25 PM
eGDBR2L5kzI

spawn
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
eGDBR2L5kzI
You may want to fix this.You can't see anything. I fixed it in my quote of your post.

mcg
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
That's pretty normal for infielders to use during practice and during drills.

Thanks! I'd never seen anything like that before so I was just curious.

RTI_SoxFan
02-20-2008, 04:22 PM
When we used to practice in HS and College, we used wooden boards a bit larger than our hands and attached them with rubber bands.

This helped give us "softer hands" and really guide the ball into your body like an infielder is supposed to.

WhiteSoxJunkie
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
Looking at the picture on the right, it doesn't seem to be working since he obviously misplayed that ball.

Meixner007
02-22-2008, 10:32 AM
When we used to practice in HS and College, we used wooden boards a bit larger than our hands and attached them with rubber bands.

This helped give us "softer hands" and really guide the ball into your body like an infielder is supposed to.

Same with us. We used those all the time in winter and rainy days.

One day, after a particularly horrible day in the field, our coach told us just to show up to practice. No gloves were needed, just make sure you're wearing your cup. Needless to say we took grounballs with our chest, and well, you know the rest...

Taliesinrk
02-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Same with us. We used those all the time in winter and rainy days.

One day, after a particularly horrible day in the field, our coach told us just to show up to practice. No gloves were needed, just make sure you're wearing your cup. Needless to say we took grounballs with our chest, and well, you know the rest...

Yeah, we'd take INF with our barehands a fair amount - especially when there was snow on the ground and we were inside. Where'd you guys play in college?

RTI_SoxFan
02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah, we'd take INF with our barehands a fair amount - especially when there was snow on the ground and we were inside. Where'd you guys play in college?

I played at Parkland College in Champaign until transferring to U of I after my freshman year. Tried out for the U of I team but didn't make it. I think it was a blessing in disguise as I probably wouldn't have played at all as a pitcher and certainly would not have had as much fun as I did without baseball.