PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' Mean...

Jerksticks
02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I would be well pleased if Guillen's new mantra (for lack of a better word) sticks to the boys. I think a mean streak is just what this team needs, and with that, I want every team to be scared to death coming to our park.

Now if only we could replace the outfield walls with giant bars with prisoners behind them, the REAL Cell if you will...but that's a whole different discussion.

What do you guys think of Gettin Mean?

JSticks

itsnotrequired
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
You mean like caged heat?

areilly
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
"We're the Chicago White Sox and we'll cut you. We'll cut you up so bad, you gonna wish we no cut you so bad."

WhiteSox5187
02-19-2008, 11:57 PM
"We're the Chicago White Sox and we'll cut you. We'll cut you up so bad, you gonna wish we no cut you so bad."
I like. :cool:

santo=dorf
02-20-2008, 12:28 AM

JSticks
I assume you would prefer the slogan "being a jerk?" :redneck

After a bad outing by Gavin Floyd one Sunday in March......
:ozzie
"I told that kid to pitch better, and hoped his Easter sucked."

:tongue:

In case you're missing the reference... http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1757227&postcount=89

Optipessimism
02-20-2008, 01:50 AM
I would be well pleased if Guillen's new mantra (for lack of a better word) sticks to the boys. I think a mean streak is just what this team needs, and with that, I want every team to be scared to death coming to our park.

Now if only we could replace the outfield walls with giant bars with prisoners behind them, the REAL Cell if you will...but that's a whole different discussion.

JSticks
Why not just go to a Half-Price Monday through Sunday promotion? That would do wonders to help out our image nationally.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Ozzie managing this team needs to be focused on the team, not as a marketing slogan.

If, for some odd reason, you do get your wish, do me a favor: don't ever post here and complain about how the Sox fanbase is ridiculed as being low class, blue collar jerks.

Prisoners in the Cell? Is there teal I didn't see?

voodoochile
02-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Ozzie managing this team needs to be focused on the team, not as a marketing slogan.

If, for some odd reason, you do get your wish, do me a favor: don't ever post here and complain about how the Sox fanbase is ridiculed as being low class, blue collar jerks.

Maybe they can remake the HBO TV show: OZzie: life behind and in bars...

areilly
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe they can remake the HBO TV show: OZzie: life behind and in bars...

Or the other smash hit: The WIRE-y fifth starter who got lit up for 9 runs in the first inning.

Hey-o!

Jerksticks
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM

:bandance:<--- Hey look dude, it's you! Would you prefer someone to put teal-colored chalk dust in their hands and slap you in the face with it?

Moving back toward normal conversation, I didn't see as much intensity last year as I did in the previoius couple a years. I'd like to see some anger and intensity outa the boys this year; and not from our sucky players like Darin Erstad, but from everybody

JSticks

ksimpson14
02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080220/capt.640cf2ee1ca0438e8918a654ffb279c4.white_sox_sp ring_baseball_azsg103.jpg

Nellie_Fox
02-21-2008, 01:08 AM
Moving back toward normal conversation...You really consider your posts "normal conversation?"