PDA

View Full Version : Cool article on Mark

jsg-07
02-19-2008, 12:01 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080219&content_id=2379157&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I love reading these types of things (although I do laugh when $56 mil is considered "not about the money" but I understand the nature of the industry) about our guys. Sort of makes you think that Burhls may be with the sox for a very long time....

Rocky Soprano
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
I love Mark and am extremely happy that he will be a Sox for quite some time.

I also loved that yesterday he said he wants Crede back at 3B!

hi im skot
02-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I love Mark Buehrle.

bryPt
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Mr. Buehrle is in a fight with Carlton Fisk as my favorite all time Sox player. But I believe he will go down as #1 in my books when he gets his 1st and 2nd WS wins this fall to compliment his WS save he got in 2005.

MsSoxVixen22
02-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I have never been more proud to own a Mark Buehrle jersey, than I was after I read this article! Buehrle has always been one of my favorite Sox players. He keeps the focus on what's important and isn't caught up in thg glitz of having a big contract. We need more Mark Buehrle's in the sports world

cheezheadsoxfan
02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
I love Mark and am extremely happy that he will be a Sox for quite some time.

I also loved that yesterday he said he wants Crede back at 3B!

Same here. I'm still not convinced that Fields is going to make us forget Joe. Mark likes knowing those grounders are going to have a hard time getting thru.

sox1970
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
"There's no question the money helps," Buehrle said. "But the biggest thing is the years with the no-trade stuff. Knowing we will be here ... I just don't like change. I don't like new scenery.
"Switching teams, it's just not me. I get nervous before every game, whether it's the biggest game of the World Series or against the worst team. I get nervous until I get to the field and get around the guys. So, I just want to stay with the group of guys I know, where I'm happy."

So does he know he can get traded after this season up until July 15, 2010?