PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Williams = human being

bahn1225
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
One again Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald has shown that he is a far superior columnist
than many employed at the downtown papers.

Here's a piece on Kenny Williams that's not about the WHITE SOX yet illustrates what kind of man he is:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=135389 (http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=135389)

cards press box
02-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree. Rozner is perceptive, writes well and, perhaps most importantly, does not have a personal axe to grind (unlike two Sun-Times "so-called" columnists, Couch and Mariotti). It may be a suburban paper but the Daily Herald appears to have the best sports section in town.

hi im skot
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I had no idea the Tiger Woods thing was still an issue.

Sheesh...Kenny's right.

cbrownson13
02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
I had no idea the Tiger Woods thing was still an issue.

Sheesh...Kenny's right.

Yeah, that's because it shouldn't be. I understand it was a horrible comment to make but if Tiger's not mad, why should anyone care?

itsnotrequired
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
kenny williams = human american

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Also, mad props to KW and Ozzie for donning NIU hats yesterday.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
It's a damned shame the Daily Herald doesn't offer home delivery in my neck of the woods because the Tribune would be knocked off our front porch very quickly. Believe me, I've already inquired and was given the sad news.

Rogers and McGrath are at best incompetent for their work and mostly trollish at heart. If it wasn't for Mrs. PHG sharing the comics page with Pants and Sweetpea at our breakfast table, I doubt our house would get any newspaper delivery at all.

That's all that keeps the Trib coming: a comics page you can spread out and share across the kitchen table. I'm sure I'm not in the minority either.

Trolls and boobs masquerading as "sports journalists" will all be unemployed soon enough, or at least relegated to shouting at each other on any of several of ESPN's joke television shows. They're far easier to surf past and ignore when you've got 150 channels to pick from.
:cool:

gobears1987
02-17-2008, 03:11 PM
It's a damned shame the Daily Herald doesn't offer home delivery in my neck of the woods because the Tribune would be knocked off our front porch very quickly. Believe me, I've already inquired and was given the sad news.

Rogers and McGrath are at best incompetent for their work and mostly trollish at heart. If it wasn't for Mrs. PHG sharing the comics page with Pants and Sweetpea at our breakfast table, I doubt our house would get any newspaper delivery at all.

That's all that keeps the Trib coming: a comics page you can spread out and share across the kitchen table. I'm sure I'm not in the minority either.

Trolls and boobs masquerading as "sports journalists" will all be unemployed soon enough, or at least relegated to shouting at each other on any of several of ESPN's joke television shows. They're far easier to surf past and ignore when you've got 150 channels to pick from.
:cool:Well there is the fact that the Tribune really can't be beat for hard news and International news. Some other papers on the east and west coast may beat it there, but it is the best paper for hard news in the Midwest. The sports section does still suck though.

Mrs.PHG
02-17-2008, 03:44 PM

:cool:

True, but then you wouldn't get to go on your weekly "Cubune" rants and I know you count those as cardio :tongue:

Let the record show, I am the one person in the house that reads every section of the paper--just because I have a 30+year comics reading habit doesn't mean I stop there! Call me old-fashioned but I like an actual paper, newsprint elbows and all. Of course it doesn't provide the smug superiority that comes from getting your news online, but I guess you can't have everything.....

Mrs. PHG

southside rocks
02-17-2008, 06:49 PM
One again Barry Rozner of the Daily Herald has shown that he is a far superior columnist
than many employed at the downtown papers.

This is true.

The Daily Southtown had some good sportswriters as recently as last year, but when the Southtown became the SouthtownStar, there were staff cuts that resulted in Nate Whalen and Paul Ladewski being let go. Now the SouthtownStar prints the Joe Cowley et al. crap from the SunTimes, which is its parent paper.

Whalen was the White Sox beat writer and he was way better than the beat writers for the downtown papers. Ladewski was a columnist and was about 1000 times more intelligent than Couch or the other idiot at the SunTimes.

I'll miss both Whalen and Ladewski.

Frontman
02-17-2008, 07:25 PM
This one of the reasons I like Kenny. Speaks his mind, and has the brains to back up what he says with logic and reason.

He's right. This issue should be done and over with finally.