PDA

View Full Version : NESN enlivens spring training

Fenway
02-16-2008, 10:40 AM
I am in a truck in Ft Myers working on the stupidest sports program I have ever been assigned to.

NESN has been showing 'pitchers and catchers' report live since 10 AM and it is not compelling television. :tongue:

Dice-K yawned and we showed it 3 times on replay :rolleyes:

You know you are in trouble when the most exciting thing so far has been a Terry Francona press conference.

NESN will be showing every workout live for the rest of the week.

Dan Shaughnessy laughed at us today ( for good reason )

Dan Shaughnessy
NESN enlivens spring training (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/02/16/its_live___but_not_lively)
Trust me when I tell you that you have not lived until you've seen a solid hour of PFP - pitchers' fielding practice. This promises to do for television what 38 Pitches did for the blogosphere

moochpuppy
02-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Will you guys quit clogging up the traffic in downtown Ft. Myers? :wink:

cards press box
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
I am in a truck in Ft Myers working on the stupidest sports program I have ever been assigned to.

NESN has been showing 'pitchers and catchers' report live since 10 AM and it is not compelling television. :tongue:

Dice-K yawned and we showed it 3 times on replay :rolleyes:

You know you are in trouble when the most exciting thing so far has been a Terry Francona press conference.

NESN will be showing every workout live for the rest of the week.

Dan Shaughnessy laughed at us today ( for good reason )

Dan Shaughnessy
NESN enlivens spring training (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/02/16/its_live___but_not_lively)
Trust me when I tell you that you have not lived until you've seen a solid hour of PFP - pitchers' fielding practice. This promises to do for television what 38 Pitches did for the blogosphere

Well, if WGN or CLTV started showing Cubs workouts, with intermittent press conference from Lou Piniella, I suspect that some Cub fans would watch.

As someone who has long liked the traditional AL franchises (except the Yankees), I hate to say this but does NESN's telecast of Red Sox spring training workouts show that: (1) the Red Sox fan base has changed since 2004 and (2) the "new" Red Sox fans are similar to the "Brad and Trixie" crowd at Wrigley. Does the new Red Sox nation deserve the description "Red Cubs," as has been used at WSI?

itsnotrequired
02-16-2008, 12:04 PM
(2) the "new" Red Sox fans are similar to the "Brad and Trixie" crowd at Wrigley.

I don't see Chad and Trixie plopping down to watch three hours of pitchers playing catch.

MarySwiss
02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't see Chad and Trixie plopping down to watch three hours of pitchers playing catch.
Well, unless they were handing out free beer. Then maybe. :cool:

itsnotrequired
02-16-2008, 12:20 PM

I was talking about people watching it on TV. A live feed of dudes throwing towels and what not seems pretty mind numbing. But hey, people do crazy stuff for free beer.

Fenway
02-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Will you guys quit clogging up the traffic in downtown Ft. Myers? :wink:

It took me 90 minutes to go 3 miles this morning. Cleveland (41) was a horror show.

Boston looks like they are out of here after 2012. Theo dispises the complex here which is 3 miles from the park. Plus they are still upset that that have not been allowed to field a team in the FSL because the Twins were here first.

Theo would rather be closer to I-4 where a number of teams play.

peeonwrigley
02-16-2008, 01:26 PM

I'll watch Ryan Bukvich and Andy Gonazalez stretch if the Sox provide free beer.

StillMissOzzie
02-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, if WGN or CLTV started showing Cubs workouts, with intermittent press conference from Lou Piniella, I suspect that some Cub fans would watch.

As someone who has long liked the traditional AL franchises (except the Yankees), I hate to say this but does NESN's telecast of Red Sox spring training workouts show that: (1) the Red Sox fan base has changed since 2004 and (2) the "new" Red Sox fans are similar to the "Brad and Trixie" crowd at Wrigley. Does the new Red Sox nation deserve the description "Red Cubs," as has been used at WSI?

I believe that's "Chad", not "Brad"

See?

SMO
:D::tongue:

cards press box
02-17-2008, 01:49 AM
A thousand pardons, it is "Chad and Trixie." I see what everyone is saying but I just don't see the Red Sox fan of 10 or 20 years ago being gullible enough to spend time watching pitchers playing catch in mid-February. So who exactly is watching this, anyway?

I have a noticed a change in the Red Sox crowd that now shows up at USCF. I hate to say it but the new "Red Cubs" label makes some sense.

russ99
02-17-2008, 09:47 AM
A thousand pardons, it is "Chad and Trixie." I see what everyone is saying but I just don't see the Red Sox fan of 10 or 20 years ago being gullible enough to spend time watching pitchers playing catch in mid-February. So who exactly is watching this, anyway?

I have a noticed a change in the Red Sox crowd that now shows up at USCF. I hate to say it but the new "Red Cubs" label makes some sense.

That's the difference.

I still believe the hardcore Red Sox fanbase is the same, but it's those bozos that feel the need to flood to visiting ballparks to see the Red Sox and make asses out of themselves are the issue.

I'm a pretty peaceful guy, but last year's Red Sox game was the closest I ever came to fighting at Sox park.

All these bandwagoners and hangers-on who know nothing of Yaz, Rice or anything other than the current stars and think it's "cool" to follow the Red Sox around cause they're the hot team are the problem. Those are your Trixies & Chads and deserving of the Red Cub label.