PDA

View Full Version : Favorite National League ballpark?

doublem23
02-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Again... Self-explanatory.

I can only do 15 choices in a poll... So I left off the new Nationals Park.. since none of us have seen a game there yet.

FedEx227
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Miller Park.

Mr.1Dog
02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
AT&T in San Francisco.

chisoxmike
02-15-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm going to AT&T in May, so I'm going to hold off on a vote. But PNC is awesome.

I've been to:
Miller Park
PNC Park
Chase Field
Wrigley Field

jenn2080
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Citizens Bank was one if my favorites.

Jurr
02-15-2008, 01:09 PM
PNC Park...too bad the team doesn't show up often.

kraut83
02-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Coors Field is awesome.

My only complaint is that is that, IMO, there are too many seats.

chisox77
02-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Olympic Stadium in Montreal, just for the memories!

chisoxmike
02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Can someone please explain to me what's so special about Miller Park? I just don't get it.

Chrisaway
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
PNC easily that place is awesome. Here's the NL parks I've been to...

PNC
Wrigley
Miller
Old Busch

captainclutch24
02-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Petco San Diego
At&T in San Fran

jenn2080
02-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Can someone please explain to me what's so special about Miller Park? I just don't get it.

I feel the same way. I didnt think it was that great. The tailgating is awesome though.

skottyj242
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
In order of where I've been:

Philly
Cincy
Pitt
Miller
Wrigley
Coors

MUsoxfan
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
PNC is heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned

MarySwiss
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Chase Field.

Easy choice. I've been to two...and the other one was Wrigley. :cool:

skottyj242
02-15-2008, 04:20 PM
PNC is heaven on earth as far as I'm concerned

What's good about it besides the view? I though the sight lines sucked. We sat down third base and I was completly uncomfortable, we ended up moving to worse seats just so we could see. I wasn't too impressed with the food either. Boon's bbq pales in comparison to The Bulls in Philly. They had real good french fries though that you could just load anything you wanted on it. I also like how they have a stand where they serve a food from the visiting teams city. They had Chicago style hot dogs when I was there. I didn't get one but I thought it was a good gesture.

rdivaldi
02-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I haven't been to many, but I'm surprised that Chase Field is coming up as a favorite. I thought the place was just horrendous both times I went to it. Felt like I was watching a baseball game in an airplane hangar and the fans were atrocious...

The Thomenator
02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Of ther 3 NL ballparks (Great American Ballpark, Wrigley Field, and Miller Park) I've been to, Cincinnati was by far the best. Great sightlines all around thye ballpark. The Reds Hall of Fame was really cool. Although the place was new, you could tell the town and park was proud to be the first pro baseball team.

Cross the river, spend the weekend in Newport, Kentucky and call it a great weekend.

The Haufbraou Haus (sp?) in Newport is the second coming of the original in Munich. It's cousin, Uberstein in the city, shows absolutely no comparison.

I'd definately like to make a California baseball vacation sometime in the future though: Petco, Angel Stadium, Doger Stadium, and AT&T Park would be a great time. (Yes, I left out Oakland for a reason.)

Save McCuddy's
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Been to:

Shea, Dodger, Wrigley, PNC, PacBell, County, ProPlayer, and Busch.

Dodger is my favorite hands down. The setting is really cool.

God strike me dead, but Wrigley is second. You can't beat the old parks for proximity to the field -- the T&A dopesn't hurt either.

PacBell is awesome, but the concourse is a nightmare compared to the Cell. I wouldn't go back with outfield seats again.

PNC is nice, the view is cool -- but it's Pittsburgh.

Pro Player is obviously awful, but Busch may have been equally so.

County had the cheapest beer in the majors, but there was no charm in being on aluminum bleachers in the outfield.

Shea is a dump.

oeo
02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I have to ask...how has Shea gotten so many votes? I've never been there, but that place looks like a piece of **** on TV...

delben91
02-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Of the NL parks I've been to, Citizens Bank Park reigns supreme. Would love to see PNC, AT&T and Petco though.

FedEx227
02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I have to ask...how has Shea gotten so many votes? I've never been there, but that place looks like a piece of **** on TV...

I've wondered the same thing, looks like a Cookie Cutter to me.

Brian26
02-15-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm the only guy that voted for Minute Maid, the site of the greatest victory in White Sox history?

10-26-05

Railsplitter
02-15-2008, 07:10 PM
PNC Park. I like the fact you can see the bridges and river beyond the outfield.

MUsoxfan
02-15-2008, 10:52 PM
What's good about it besides the view?

I love it. I love the view, the sightlines of the seats I had tickets for (though there are seats directly behind the RF foulpole that would suck), the food, the dimensions, the concourses, the intimate setting, the area around the park, the scoreboard. If I could ever pick a park to go to everyday of my life, that would be the place.

WagMan
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Of ther 3 NL ballparks (Great American Ballpark, Wrigley Field, and Miller Park) I've been to, Cincinnati was by far the best. Great sightlines all around thye ballpark. The Reds Hall of Fame was really cool. Although the place was new, you could tell the town and park was proud to be the first pro baseball team.

Cross the river, spend the weekend in Newport, Kentucky and call it a great weekend.

I wasn't a big fan of the Great American Ballpark. May have been all the red seats that gave me a headache or the fact that it was a 110 degrees the day we were there. But, I definitely agree about staying in Newport while you're visiting!

DSpivack
02-16-2008, 12:01 AM
In order:
At&t
Coors
Dodger
Turner
Wrigley

PKalltheway
02-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I've been to five NL ballparks (PNC, Wrigley, Miller Park, Great American, and Cinergy, which is obviously gone). As far as I'm concerned, PNC is the best out of those I just listed. It's an amazing park! Comfortable sightlines, wonderful view of downtown, great food, as well as a cozy atmosphere. If only the team were better...

NDSox12
02-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Like I said in the AL thread, I've been to all of them... well, actually I haven't been to St. Louis's new park (this summer). My pick is AT&T with PNC being a close second.

I'm looking forward to going to the Nationals new park on Opening Night to see how it stacks up with the rest of these parks.

Overall, I think the NL does have better parks than the AL. I guess they have to be better than the AL in something.

Fenway
02-16-2008, 10:43 AM
AT&T Park lives up to the hype. The view from the upper deck of San Francisco Bay is amazing.

By far the best of the new parks.

munchman33
02-16-2008, 10:46 AM
What's good about it besides the view? I though the sight lines sucked. We sat down third base and I was completly uncomfortable, we ended up moving to worse seats just so we could see. I wasn't too impressed with the food either. Boon's bbq pales in comparison to The Bulls in Philly. They had real good french fries though that you could just load anything you wanted on it. I also like how they have a stand where they serve a food from the visiting teams city. They had Chicago style hot dogs when I was there. I didn't get one but I thought it was a good gesture.

:?:

Where the heck were you sitting? I've been to every mlb park in the country and I'd rate the site lines at PNC by far the best. And I've been there six times already.

skobabe8
02-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Not much love for Coors? Id loved every inch of that place.

Hopefully I'll get to AT&T this summer so maybe I'll have a different opinion then.

MUsoxfan
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Not much love for Coors? Id loved every inch of that place.

Hopefully I'll get to AT&T this summer so maybe I'll have a different opinion then.

I was a big fan of Coors, but PNC's better. I'd rank the NL ballparks I've been to the following:

1. PNC
2. Coors
3. Citizens Bank
4. Miller
5. Busch
6. Wrigley
Forever last: Shea

ode to veeck
02-16-2008, 01:56 PM
I haven't been the new parks in either SF or Milwaukee but plan on seeing the Sox at PacBell this year

Candlestick used to be the worst park

Fenway
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
I haven't been the new parks in either SF or Milwaukee but plan on seeing the Sox at PacBell this year

Never went to The Vet I take it :rolleyes:

but the worst???

http://thesportinglife.typepad.com/the_sporting_life/images/goodbye_1.jpg

Southsider101
02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Miller Park, especially when the scrubs or Cards are in town. It's the best MLB atmosphere around when either of those two visit Milwaukee with their fans. This park get added bonus points from me because you can listen to Bob Ucker do the play-by-play on WTMJ. IMO, Bob's the best active broadcaster in the majors.

tick53
02-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Great American Ball Park in Cincy. Reasonable pricing, good parking, nice seating and good sightlines.

"The Rutles played their last performace here at Che Stadium. Name after the Cuban guerilla leader, Che Stadium".

Law11
02-17-2008, 09:24 AM
A lot of it in my mind comes down to your overall experience at the game.
Miller park gets my vote.

Just a great time every time we go up there.

Ive been to STL new park - not bad
Cinci had a nice park but to me didnt compare to the feel of Miller Park.
That other park a few miles north doesnt even deserve to be in the poll.

Thats it for NATL league parks for me.

SoxNation05
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I have been to
Miller
Busch
Wrigley
PNC
RFK
Marlins crappy stadium

I go
1. PNC
2. Miller
3. Busch
4. Wrigley (by default)
5. RFK
6. Marlins

PKalltheway
02-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Wow, there are votes for Shea Stadium, and even one vote for Dolphin Stadium, but no love for Turner Field? Suprising....:?::dunno:

For anybody who has been to Turner Field, is it really that bad? I've thought about going there sometime.

NDSox12
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
Wow, there are votes for Shea Stadium, and even one vote for Dolphin Stadium, but no love for Turner Field? Suprising....:?::dunno:

For anybody who has been to Turner Field, is it really that bad? I've thought about going there sometime.

I think Turner Field is a very nice stadium. I guess it probably hasn't gotten any votes because there isn't anything particularly unique about it. I would recommend a trip if you get the chance though.

I have no idea how anyone could vote for Dolphin Stadium or Shea Stadium unless they just haven't been to many (any?) other NL parks.

C-Dawg
02-18-2008, 09:47 AM

I voted for Shea, just because I knew it would get questioned. However, I wasn't the first. A fringe benefit is because Boston fans hate the place.

Seriously, though, I liked Cincinnati best amongst the NL parks, and even better than its cross-state rival in Cleveland. Maybe the fact that the Indians fans were rude jerks both times I've been there sours my opinion of their ballpark. Cincinnati fans were nice and friendly and knew their team.

I like Miller Park but only when the roof is open. Its creepy inside when its closed.

palehozenychicty
02-21-2008, 09:53 AM

Then in real life, it's just what you imagined...:tongue:

asindc
02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Coors Field is awesome.

My only complaint is that is that, IMO, there are too many seats.

Coors Field is also my fav NL park and my 2nd fav ML park behind Camden. Was there 2 years ago. Best concessions of any park or arena I've been to. Only other NL park I've been to is Wrigley... 'nuff said.

white sox bill
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
At the risk of being banned for life, I may be inclined to vote Wrigley. Its outdated, a dive, it reeks of urine, disgusting, etc however............each time I've gone I've had a ton of fun!! Either watching those warm and fuzzies stink the place up or girl watching (have gotten a lot of digits and a ONS from there :smile:)or drank and enjoyed the sunshine. Can't stand the place but didn't say it wasn't fun!

AZChiSoxFan
02-21-2008, 01:43 PM
I haven't been to many, but I'm surprised that Chase Field is coming up as a favorite. I thought the place was just horrendous both times I went to it. Felt like I was watching a baseball game in an airplane hangar and the fans were atrocious...

Unfortunately, I can't say that I disagree with you. I will say that it's a totally different experience being there with the roof and the outfield panels open, compared to when they're closed. For the early season games when the roof is open, it's not nearly as bad. As a native Phoenician, I really hate to say it, but I agree with you regarding the fans. Phoenix just isn't much of a sports town.

AZChiSoxFan
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Been to:

Shea, Dodger, Wrigley, PNC, PacBell, County, ProPlayer, and Busch.

Dodger is my favorite hands down. The setting is really cool.

God strike me dead, but Wrigley is second. You can't beat the old parks for proximity to the field -- the T&A dopesn't hurt either.

PacBell is awesome, but the concourse is a nightmare compared to the Cell. I wouldn't go back with outfield seats again.

PNC is nice, the view is cool -- but it's Pittsburgh.

Pro Player is obviously awful, but Busch may have been equally so.

County had the cheapest beer in the majors, but there was no charm in being on aluminum bleachers in the outfield.

Shea is a dump.

I too voted for Dodger Stadium. I love the PA announcer.

AZChiSoxFan
02-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Did you ever get a "Croix De Candlestick"? (SP??)

TDog
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Chase Field.

Easy choice. I've been to two...and the other one was Wrigley. :cool:

I might agree with you. I like Chase Field much more than Miller Park. People in Milwaukee were going on about how their retractable dome was going to be better than the one in Phoenix. The fact is, except for its roof that was leaking when I lived in suburban Milwaukee, Miller Park is nothing special, with a lot of really bad seats.

I went to a game at AT&T at the end of last season and thought it was a nice ballpark, mostly because of the setting, which has little to do with the ballpark. I drove by Petco last week, and its setting may rival AT&T. What I saw of the interior looked more interesting, but I've never seen what it looks like on television.

Otherwise, I've been to Forbes Field, which is two Pittsburg ballparks ago, and the Astronomer, which the Astros don't use anymore. I last went to Wrigley Field in 1972, I think.

As a kid, I thought it was a dump. I won't go back. Unfortunately, I'm going to be in Chicago this summer for the June weekend when the Sox will be playing in Wrigley. Even if it were possible to get tickets, I wouldn't want to go to Wrigley. I wouldn't feel safe around all those drunks.

russ99
02-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm the only guy that voted for Minute Maid, the site of the greatest victory in White Sox history?

10-26-05

Minute Maid Rocks. But I like AT&T Park in San Francisco a bit better.

Miller Park is OK, but it doesn't beat old County Stadium.

Jaysox
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
WOW.. no new busch love. I thought it was absolutely amazing when I went (they were playing the cubs.) I plan on going again this year.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Miller Park is nothing special, with a lot of really bad seats.

I guess it depends on your definition of Bad seats. Outside of a few obstructed view seats in the lower bleachers, and bernies terrace, there are no real bad seats in MP. But my opinion of a bad seat is can't see 80% of the field, and overhangs.

pierzynski07
02-21-2008, 10:50 PM
What about the Uecker Seats? :tongue:

FedEx227
02-22-2008, 10:48 AM
What about the Uecker Seats? :tongue:

You get what you pay for.

Which is one of the things I love about Miller Park, there are so many seat choices that whatever you're feeling on that day you can dictate your purchase. If I don't care, I'll go UD. If it's the first night there or whatever I'm hitting up the bleachers. I love that.

Not to mention parking about 1/2 the price it is here.

TDog
02-22-2008, 01:34 PM
You get what you pay for.

Which is one of the things I love about Miller Park, there are so many seat choices that whatever you're feeling on that day you can dictate your purchase. If I don't care, I'll go UD. If it's the first night there or whatever I'm hitting up the bleachers. I love that.

Not to mention parking about 1/2 the price it is here.

A small pricetag doesn't make really bad seats good.

I can't comment on whether it's a good place to get drunk, but it's not a very good place to watch a ballgame, except for the games I've had low seats behind home plate.