PDA

View Full Version : Just Got My Tickets to Chicago for Opening Day!

BRDSR
02-14-2008, 12:45 PM
In case anyone else needs such tickets, I just purchased two round-trip airline tickets from Dulles to Midway and back for $300 total on Southwest Airlines. Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Now I just need to get the best deal I can on tickets to the game. If anyone has some extras and would like to help out a past season ticket holder that had to move to the D.C. area for law school, shoot me a PM.

Also, does anyone know what the limits are on bringing bags into the stadium? We're flying out of Midway at 8:30 PM on the 7th so we'll basically need to have our stuff with us or close. Any suggestions if we can't bring them into the stadium?

Getting excited!

jenn2080
02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
In case anyone else needs such tickets, I just purchased two round-trip airline tickets from Dulles to Midway and back for $300 total on Southwest Airlines. Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Now I just need to get the best deal I can on tickets to the game. If anyone has some extras and would like to help out a past season ticket holder that had to move to the D.C. area for law school, shoot me a PM.

Also, does anyone know what the limits are on bringing bags into the stadium? We're flying out of Midway at 8:30 PM on the 7th so we'll basically need to have our stuff with us or close. Any suggestions if we can't bring them into the stadium?

Getting excited!

That is an outrageous price for airfare. HOLY ****! I never pay more than $150 from DC to Chicago.

whitesoxwilkes
02-14-2008, 12:49 PM
That is an outrageous price for airfare. HOLY ****! I never pay more than $150 from DC to Chicago.

He bought TWO tickets for $300.

BRDSR
02-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Right...it was for two round-trip tickets...so, that would be approximately $150 per.

And trust me, it doesn't get any cheaper than that these days.

gr8mexico
02-14-2008, 12:50 PM
You might want to read it again he sead "2" round trip tickets. Well do the Math

gobears1987
02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I got Opening Day tickets too. This will be my first one. I think I can miss one statistics recitation to make the drive to see it.

jenn2080
02-14-2008, 12:53 PM

Right...it was for two round-trip tickets...so, that would be approximately $150 per.

And trust me, it doesn't get any cheaper than that these days.

Missed that one. Sorry. :redface:

You might want to read it again he sead "2" round trip tickets. Well do the Math

Thanks. Pretty sure you did not need to say it again.

skottyj242
02-14-2008, 12:54 PM

She didn't sleep too well last night. Puppy was up bouncing around all night.

SoxFan78
02-14-2008, 01:16 PM

Getting excited!

Depends on your bags. If you just have a backpack or something small, all they will do is check to make sure you are not bringing in anything illegal. I would call the Sox for more clairfication.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Depends on your bags. If you just have a backpack or something small, all they will do is check to make sure you are not bringing in anything illegal. I would call the Sox for more clairfication.

From whitesox.com:

Carry-in Items
What kinds of items can I bring into the park?
Guests are welcome to:
• Carry in food in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag.
• Enter with small, soft-sided bags (no larger than 16" x 16" x 8") that will be searched prior to entering the park.
• Carry in one sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter or less in size, but no other beverages of any kind.

I've brought in larger than 16x16x8 but I would recommend you leave the suitcases at home.

peeonwrigley
02-14-2008, 01:42 PM

Getting excited!

I had a friend come to a game with us before catching a flight at Midway. This was in 2005 or 2006, but he checked his bag at the Souvineer stand outside Gate 5 for a few bucks. He was able to get a cab then down to Midway.

NonetheLoaiza
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM

There is a bag check at Gate 5, IIRC.

BRDSR
02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I had a friend come to a game with us before catching a flight at Midway. This was in 2005 or 2006, but he checked his bag at the Souvineer stand outside Gate 5 for a few bucks. He was able to get a cab then down to Midway.

You are correct. A kindly gentleman (DumpJerry) PMed this info to me a few minutes ago. Very helpful, thanks all.

BainesHOF
02-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Missed that one. Sorry. :redface:

Thanks. Pretty sure you did not need to say it again.

Well sead.