PDA

View Full Version : Someday maybe?

OfficerKarkovice
04-23-2002, 12:58 PM
HIP CHECK: Albert Belle has been out of baseball for more than a year, but Manuel said it wouldn't surprise him if the former Indians and Sox slugger tries to come back.

"He was a competitor and a warrior, but [his retirement because of a hip injury] was too quick,'' said Manuel, who keeps in contact with Belle, now living in Arizona. "He would be one of those guys that would possibly try to do something to come back.''

Paulwny
04-23-2002, 01:01 PM
That's all baseball needs, another fan friendly player.

Mathew
04-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
HIP CHECK: Albert Belle has been out of baseball for more than a year, but Manuel said it wouldn't surprise him if the former Indians and Sox slugger tries to come back.

"He was a competitor and a warrior, but [his retirement because of a hip injury] was too quick,'' said Manuel, who keeps in contact with Belle, now living in Arizona. "He would be one of those guys that would possibly try to do something to come back.''

If we get him and Canseco back in the lineup we can try to match Millwakee's K totals for last year!!! :(:

moochpuppy
04-23-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Mathew

If we get him and Canseco back in the lineup we can try to match Millwakee's K totals for last year!!! :(:

Maybe KW should give Rob Deer and Pete Incavigila a call as well. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
04-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

That is really surprising. I always heard he had a crippling degenerative disease in his hip.

I'm sure he could put up decent numbers if his hip is healthy, but I sure wouldn't count on that.

Iwritecode
04-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy
Maybe KW should give Rob Deer and Pete Incavigila a call as well. :smile:

What's Bo Jackson doing these days? :cool:

Mathew
04-23-2002, 03:19 PM
Manny Lee the new Choyce at SS.