PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holder Wall of Fame???

BeefyD
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I just got an email from the White Sox asking if I want to be listed. Anyone know more about this???? It came with a PDF fill-in-form with a yes/no on it.

Maybe if I knew more about this, like, where will it be, I might do it.

"Season Ticket Holder Wall of Fame-
To show our appreciation for your commitment to us, we would like to proudly display the names of our Season Ticket Holders on a Wall of Fame during the 2008 season. Please check the appropriate box, fill in your account information, sign and return...."

Anyone have additional information? Have they done this before (I'm a first time 27-game plan holder)

DumpJerry
02-13-2008, 05:42 PM
This is the first time. It sounds like it will be like the wall with the names of the PSL holders at Soldier Field.

chisoxmike
02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I filled this out when they sent the renewal stuff last September. Strange you are getting this now.

Steelrod
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
I also just got it!

soxfan21
02-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I just got this email earlier this evening and was wondering what it was as well. I wonder if this "wall of fame" will be in the Cell or outside somewhere, possibly by the legacy bricks?

itsnotrequired
02-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I filled this out when they sent the renewal stuff last September. Strange you are getting this now.

My guess is they didn't fill it out before and the Sox are making another push to get people on board. Sort of like how the legacy brick sale deadline was extended about a jillion times.

BeefyD
02-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I am a first-time 27-game plan owner, so I couldn't buy my tickets until Nov. But, yes, first time I'm hearing about it. Sure, I'll join!

skottyj242
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Is it free? Why does it say something about a deposit. I just got it too.

soxfan21
02-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Is it free? Why does it say something about a deposit. I just got it too.
Mine said nothing about a deposit either in the email, or on the sheet that I had to fax back to the sox.

Edit: Just looked at my slip that I sent the sox and it did talk about placing a deposit online on it. But, I think that this was if you have not paid your account up yet, or if you are currently buying season tickets. That's what I think it means, don't know for sure though and hopefully they do not charge my account for some huge amount of money for this.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Mine said nothing about a deposit either in the email, or on the sheet that I had to fax back to the sox.

Edit: Just looked at my slip that I sent the sox and it did talk about placing a deposit online on it. But, I think that this was if you have not paid your account up yet, or if you are currently buying season tickets. That's what I think it means, don't know for sure though and hopefully they do not charge my account for some huge amount of money for this.

The form was included with he seaosn ticket renewal packages. There was no charge then so I can't imagine they are charging people now.

skottyj242
02-14-2008, 12:19 PM
The form was included with he seaosn ticket renewal packages. There was no charge then so I can't imagine they are charging people now.

Ok, I just got this letter as I am technically a new season ticket holder I guess.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Ok, I just got this letter as I am technically a new season ticket holder I guess.

Also, my spelling is horrible.

jabrch
02-14-2008, 12:59 PM

I can't believe there are NEW season ticket holders. All I heard all offseason is about all of the people cancelling their tickets because we traded Garland.

It's Dankerific
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I can't believe there are NEW season ticket holders. All I heard all offseason is about all of the people cancelling their tickets because we traded Garland.

Just because some people became NEW season ticket holders does NOT mean that people DID NOT use the Garland debacle as the tipping point for deciding to drop their season tickets.

skottyj242
02-14-2008, 02:34 PM

I have had some form of season tickets since 2000. They were in my name from 2000-2004, then since 2005 I have been splitting with people until this year I got my own and they're back in my name so I am technically a new season ticket holder.

BeefyD
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm in the same boat as Skottyj. I actually was a Grinder Plan holder (7 games) back in 03, a Minnie Plan (9 games) in '04, and Ozzie plan holder from '05-07 (if my years are correct)... Before that, I used to buy 8-10 games a year from a season ticket friend of mine. Next logical step, I guess.

That, and after getting BS tickets for the Ozzie plan in '07 (all Uppers), and then seeing that I could've bought Lowers for most of the games when public sale happened, really :angry: me. Therefore, the step up locked me into lowers for all games I attend. Plus, this year postseason is back on for 27-game plan holders (1 for every series). Now I just have to pray for our pitching staff.

soxgirl617
02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
FYI: the Sox would not let us list more than one name for the wall of season ticketholders, so we opted not to participate. (Our full season package is shared among three names, and we wanted all three listed.) Seems dumb that they wouldn't allow us to list all three names. It's not like we were asking to include 10 names or something.