PDA

View Full Version : Stat head article- Swisher's stats

cws05champ
02-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice article for stat heads that details Nick Swisher's actual numbers vs what what could be expected from the "stats behind the stats". More for fantasy players but I thought I'd post it.

http://mdrt2001.baseball.sportsline.com/news/10634920

WhiteSox5187
02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I won't lie, I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about...I think the idea of Swisher being in "decline" is ridicioulous, but they agree with that too...I'd be very happy with about 25 HRs and 80 RBIs out of him, but I also think that 35-100 isn't out of the quetion...since the Cell has nowhere near the foul territory that the Collesium has, I'd also expect his average to go up too. The big question for me is, what kind of stolen base numbers will he put up? Oakland doesn't run a lot and Swisher has a grand total of four (I believe) stolen bases in his career, is that because Oakland doesn't run or because he cna't steal bases?

FedEx227
02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
I won't lie, I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about...I think the idea of Swisher being in "decline" is ridicioulous, but they agree with that too...I'd be very happy with about 25 HRs and 80 RBIs out of him, but I also think that 35-100 isn't out of the quetion...since the Cell has nowhere near the foul territory that the Collesium has, I'd also expect his average to go up too. The big question for me is, what kind of stolen base numbers will he put up? Oakland doesn't run a lot and Swisher has a grand total of four (I believe) stolen bases in his career, is that because Oakland doesn't run or because he cna't steal bases?

Combo. He certinately will grab a few with us but don't expect 20+. I'd say 10-13 is reasonable for him.

WhiteSox5187
02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Combo. He certinately will grab a few with us but don't expect 20+. I'd say 10-13 is reasonable for him.
Hmm...he seems to be Rowand with lots more pop...although if we don't get a legit leadoff guy and are forced to use Cabrera in the one spot (which would be too bad cuz he's a GREAT two hitter) I'd be curious to see what Swish can do out of the two spot.

FedEx227
02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Hmm...he seems to be Rowand with lots more pop...although if we don't get a legit leadoff guy and are forced to use Cabrera in the one spot (which would be too bad cuz he's a GREAT two hitter) I'd be curious to see what Swish can do out of the two spot.

Probably wouldn't be too bad of an idea, the only problem is then you're losing his pop. At the two-spot you'll obviously get the on-base side of him, but at the sacrifice of losing his power. Ideally, as you said Cabrera in the two-hole is the best option.