PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Season Ticket Exchange questions

The Dude
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry if this was posted in another thread, but have there been any new developments with how they are going to work season ticket exchange this season? Is it going to be standard stubhub or do they have something in place that allows printing of tickets so we don't have to mail them?

If it's standard stubhub, I don't understand why we would go back in the technology of printing tickets back to mailing them. I really enjoyed selling them on the old exchange and then tossing them in the trash afterwards without having to trek to a Fed Ex. Another great benefit was having more than half my tickets paid for this season due to resales.
:angry:

Any help, besides INR's sarcastic comments, is appreciated! :gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
From what I heard there is something that is supposed to join the ticketexchange with stubhub so that they are transparent... Basically you post your tickets on the ticketexchange and they appear on stubhub... Don't exactly know the logistics of it or whatever but thats what I heard about 2 months ago... Could have been totally offbase too.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Any help, besides INR's sarcastic comments, is appreciated! :gulp:

The Dude sux!:happybday

Last I heard, they were still yammering out the details with StubHub. No official word yet on how it will work.

The Dude
02-12-2008, 07:55 PM
The Dude sux!:happybday

Last I heard, they were still yammering out the details with StubHub. No official word yet on how it will work.

Well hopefully it doesn't involve me driving to the Wicker Park - Fed Ex to mail out some Royals tickets for under face value.:redneck

Just send email to ticket rep.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Well hopefully it doesn't involve me driving to the Wicker Park - Fed Ex to mail out some Royals tickets for under face value.:redneck

You can ship via FedEx at most (if not all) Kinkos.

Jason82807
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Unfortunately it's only StubHub. Which is better? Here's my analysis:

Shipping:
Ticketmaster Ticketexchange does everything for you. StubHub can't do last-minute sales unless you drop off tix. SH also charges much more. Advantage:TM

Commission:
StubHub charges buyers 10% and sellers 15%. TM charges sellers 10% and buyers 15%. However, SH has occasional promotional money-saving codes. Advantage: SH (barely).

Pricing controls:
TM forces you to charge at least face value. SH has no price restrictions. Advantage: SH

Guarantee:
Both provide guarantees, but with TM it's not even a concern. Buyer gets the tickets immediately. Advantage: TM

In conclusion, I don't see how this could possibly be better than last year since we had BOTH if we wanted. You can't really call this a season ticket holder benefit when anyone could sell their tickets on stubhub. Buyers trusted TM, and I got CRAZY prices for the games I sold.