PDA

View Full Version : Canseco Backs Clemens

Madvora
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Former slugger says he never saw pitcher use steroids
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23134694/

Maybe Clemens accepted the same Canseco offer that Ordonez rejected.

oeo
02-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I find this pretty funny. They were never even teammates, were they? I wonder if they've ever even met.

Madvora
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I find this pretty funny. They were never even teammates, were they? I wonder if they've ever even met.
Read the article. It says they were teammates 3 times.

EDIT
1995-1996 Red Sox
1998 Blue Jays
2000 Yankees

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-12-2008, 07:41 PM
If I were Clemens, I would distance myself from this as quickly as possible.

Canseco being a character witness? Might as well have John Rocker teach you anger management.

champagne030
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM

McNamee claimed that the whole steroid plan with Clemens began at a party that was at Canseco's house. There's been plenty of people and video on record that Clemens was not at that party.

oeo
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Read the article. It says they were teammates 3 times.

EDIT
1995-1996 Red Sox
1998 Blue Jays
2000 Yankees

Yeah, I'm just stupid. I thought it was just one of those 'Breaking News' nuggets...

Story continues below ↓

:redface:

PalehosePlanet
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
McNamee claimed that the whole steroid plan with Clemens began at a party that was at Canseco's house. There's been plenty of people and video on record that Clemens was not at that party.

McNamee probably just got the date and time wrong (according to ESPN's sources he has been at Canseco's house before --- just not on that date.)

It's funny how desperate Clemens' lawyers are to keep harping on this non-point. They are trying to keep the public eye off the ball. Such as: Why would McNamee drag Debbie Clemens name into this if not true; why would he lie only about Clemens use of 'roids and HGH and no one else; and mostly why would would Roger in an hour long conversation with McNamee never ask him why did you accuse me of doing 'roids and HGH when you know I didn't!

Soxfanspcu11
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
If I were Clemens, I would distance myself from this as quickly as possible.

Canseco being a character witness? Might as well have John Rocker teach you anger management.

I know that many people do not like Canseco and think that he is a fame whore or whatever but let's not forget how much of his book turned out to be true!

I remember when that book came out, sportswriters, journalists, fans, etc. were jumping all over Canseco, saying that he had made it all up so that people would become interested and buy his book.

Well, it turns out that Canseco was indeed telling the truth about A LOT!

Either way, in my mind, I am pretty sure that Roger took something. What that something was, I am not sure.

He may not have taken anything earlier in his career, when Canseco was around him, but I think that he started taking whatever he was taking at the turn of the Millenium (2000-2001). Infact, that is exactly when he is accused of taking something.

I'm sorry but it really is not natural for a pitcher to still be pitching and pitching at a high level once they hit 40 or so. I know that there are some exceptions and that it is possible but I don't believe a thing Roger has said.

I know that people want to believe him, for whatever reason. However, based on everything that I have seen so far with this situation, I think that it is pretty clear he is guilty.

VivaOzzie
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
“I have never had a conversation with Clemens in which he expressed any interest in using steroids or human growth hormone,” Canseco said in the affidavit. “Clemens has never asked me to give him steroids or human growth hormone, and I have never seen Clemens use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone.”

Even if this is true (which I doubt), Canseco is not omniscient. This does nothing to disprove McNamee's claim that he injected Clemens. Jose threw his name into the steroid circus again, and may have pocketed some cash from Clemens on this one. But it changes nothing IMHO.

Beer Can Chicken
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
But Pettite doesnt.......

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-BBO-Steroids-Clemens.html

Fenway
02-12-2008, 10:30 PM

Oh yes they were.....2 years with the Red Sox

this is NOT photoshopped

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/12/16/sports/16anderson.1.600.jpg
From left, Mo Vaughn, Roger Clemens and José Canseco

ksimpson14
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
That Ordonez story is the first thing I thought of

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Canseco really put a dent in his credibility with the Ordonez "offer".

Sorry Jose. I can't believe your statements about who did and didn't use steroids counts for much of anything anymore.

I'm pretty sure this guy shot his entire load in his first book. Now he's just grasping at straws.

gogosox16
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh yes they were.....2 years with the Red Sox

this is NOT photoshopped

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/12/16/sports/16anderson.1.600.jpg
From left, Mo Vaughn, Roger Clemens and José Canseco
The All-Juice team, Damn, Rogers eyes looked posessed

Oblong
02-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I never saw Clemens take steroids either. Neither did anybody here. The guys on that congressional commitee either. So I guess that's that. Story over. We wasted our time.

dickallen15
02-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Canseco really put a dent in his credibility with the Ordonez "offer".

Sorry Jose. I can't believe your statements about who did and didn't use steroids counts for much of anything anymore.

I'm pretty sure this guy shot his entire load in his first book. Now he's just grasping at straws.
According to Peter Gammons, the first draft of Canseco's new book had a piece on Canseco and Clemens discussing implants at the now infamous party that neither says Clemens was at.