PDA

View Full Version : The Fenway Theme Park strikes again

Fenway
02-12-2008, 11:28 AM
They never cease to amaze in ways of grabbing every last dollar out there....

For the first time at Fenway, fans will be able to enter the visiting team's batting cage and take swings in the same practice area used by the likes of Derek Jeter and Miguel Tejada. Lyons and the Red Sox say they aren't aware of any other Major League Baseball team with such an arrangement.

Naturally this will all occur when the Red Sox aren't at Fenway, and naturally it will cost, starting at $50 to $75 per head.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/02/12/a_chance_to_get_a_big_hit_at_fenway/

Oblong
02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm a geek and all.... but no way I'm spending $50-75 just to hit in a batting cage. That's ridiculous. Put me at home plate, I'm all over it.

What's next? For $25 you can pinch a loaf in the same stall that big papi used?

Fenway
02-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm a geek and all.... but no way I'm spending $50-75 just to hit in a batting cage. That's ridiculous. Put me at home plate, I'm all over it.

What's next? For $25 you can pinch a loaf in the same stall that big papi used?

Don't give them any ideas :?:

chaerulez
02-12-2008, 12:32 PM
As much as I hate the Red Sox, I can't blame them. If there are fools willing to pay for it, so be it. It's not like they are price gouging anything, they aren't exploiting any human need.

itsnotrequired
02-12-2008, 12:53 PM
As much as I hate the Red Sox, I can't blame them. If there are fools willing to pay for it, so be it. It's not like they are price gouging anything, they aren't exploiting any human need.

That's the way I look at. The White Sox have the whole fantasy-experience thing where people pay big bucks to change the bases, rake the dirt, etc. I don't see how this is any different.

Oblong
02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
That's the way I look at. The White Sox have the whole fantasy-experience thing where people pay big bucks to change the bases, rake the dirt, etc. I don't see how this is any different.

The difference there is that you are, presumably, on the field. I'd do that. But with an indoor batting cage you are just in some cavernous area around some netting. It's no different than paying to go use the same urinal. You are in a batting cage. The ball's not going further than 30 feet.

Of course, I'm sure it'll be a big hit.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Can't wait for the 1st bachelor party crowd to rent the cages and bring a Damon dummy with to hit at....and the dummy goes 4 for 6.

Thomes Forearm
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
They never cease to amaze in ways of grabbing every last dollar out there....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/02/12/a_chance_to_get_a_big_hit_at_fenway/

It's called "Capitalism." Welcome to America!

DSpivack
02-12-2008, 09:49 PM
The Red Sox remind of the Redskins in their complete mastery of "maximizing revenue."

asg2003ws2005
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
add a stadium tour or "run the bases" and it's a perfect birthday party/bachelor party destination!