PDA

View Full Version : Mark Buehrle has a Big Arse Truck

Mr. Man
02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I wonder if Buehrle will be driving this beast to Spring Training (http://homerderby.com/archives/1842) this year.
A Ford F-650 Dominator.

Jaffar
02-12-2008, 09:05 AM
A hunting truck? Does he hunt bears and run them down or something....that is one big truck!

skottyj242
02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Well at least he's using his new contract for something.

diehardRLsoxfan
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe he could fit Uribe's fat ass in that thing and drop him off on the woods.

kaufsox
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM

c'mon now, Juan is a little large in the tush, but he couldn't cover a whole forest.:D:

cbrownson13
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Well at least he's using his new contract for something.

Probably gas money...yikes.

NardiWasHere
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM

A part of me wants Uribe as far away from this team as humanly possible, yet posts like this almost makes it worth it to keep him around.

soltrain21
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
That is the most hideous thing I've ever seen.

davenicholson
02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
That is the most hideous thing I've ever seen.
Nah, I saw a picture of a Mitsubishi Lancer on a Dodge/Chrysler LX forum the other day. I'm still cleaning out the chunks of vomit from my keyboard!

stl_sox_fan
02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Ha!! Canyonero.

Buehrle must be hunting the elusive man-bear-pig native to Missouri.
http://stix1972.typepad.com/stix_blog/images/2007/04/30/manbearpig.jpg
I'm Serial!!!!!

diehardRLsoxfan
02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
A part of me wants Uribe as far away from this team as humanly possible, yet posts like this almost makes it worth it to keep him around.

Haha. I'll stick with wanting him as far away as possible.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Why are vehicles like this even sold to the public? if this was for military purposes or what not I might understand. Unreal. All vehicles like that need is a bumper sticker that reads "**** THE ENVIRONMENT, WHILE I'M AT IT, **** YOU TOO!"

It's too bad because I really like the Buehrle Mon.

IlliniSox4Life
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Why are vehicles like this even sold to the public? if this was for military purposes or what not I might understand. Unreal. All vehicles like that need is a bumper sticker that reads "**** THE ENVIRONMENT, WHILE I'M AT IT, **** YOU TOO!"

The article says he uses it just for hunting. While he could probably get a lesser truck to accomplish the same tasks, it isn't like he's driving the thing around all day every day.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM
The article says he uses it just for hunting. While he could probably get a lesser truck to accomplish the same tasks, it isn't like he's driving the thing around all day every day.

The fact that the vehicle is manufactured and solid to the public is dumb. He uses it very rarely, that makes it ok? Why doesn't he buy a tank and drive it once a year to shoot down whatever the hell he's hunting? I know a lot of people that hunt and they don't need this thing. He's also driving it to Spring Training is he not? I don't know where he lives (St. Louis still?), but I'm sure that won't be a 5 mile drive. Add to the fact that other athletes own the same car (i.e. Shaq and Chris McCallister as the article states) and they probably don't "just use it for hunting".

WizardsofOzzie
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9062/1002thaaannksnv2.jpg

Thaaaaankkkksssssssss :smile:

RockyMtnSoxFan
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM

You certainly could. In fact, that vehicle would probably have more trouble on rough terrain than a lot of others. You can't take it on narrow roads or trails, and it's a pain to turn around.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
He uses it very rarely, that makes it ok? Why doesn't he buy a tank and drive it once a year to shoot down whatever the hell he's hunting?

Because he will not be able to haul 4 World Series trophies plus his whole team on the back of a tank for the 2012 parade downtown. :cool:

twentywontowin
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM

It serves a purpose, for people who need to tow or hold a large quantity of payload.

And for those who know anything about cars, a Ford truck of that caliber is diesel powered. Diesels are known for their fuel economy. I bet that thing will do 20 miles per gallon on the highway no problem if he isn't towing a fifth wheel trailer (Ford F-350s do this no problem).

At minimum, it has two 50 gallon fuel tanks.

100 gallons of diesel x 20MPG = 2000 miles on a full tank of fuel.

$3.50 gallon x 100 gallons = $350 per fill-up.

It really is more economical than any SUV on the road.

$350 to drive across two-thirds of the country? Where do I sign up?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Because he will not be able to haul 4 World Series trophies plus his whole team on the back of a tank for the 2012 parade downtown. :cool:

if thats the reasoning behind it I change my stance on this topic lol

It serves a purpose, for people who need to tow or hold a large quantity of payload.

And for those who know anything about cars, a Ford truck of that caliber is diesel powered. Diesels are known for their fuel economy. I bet that thing will do 20 miles per gallon on the highway no problem if he isn't towing a fifth wheel trailer (Ford F-350s do this no problem).

At minimum, it has two 50 gallon fuel tanks.

100 gallons of diesel x 20MPG = 2000 miles on a full tank of fuel.

$3.50 gallon x 100 gallons = $350 per fill-up.

It really is more economical than any SUV on the road.

$350 to drive across two-thirds of the country? Where do I sign up?

i dont think it gets 20 mpg. highest estimate i saw was 13 mpg IF that. That $350 near cross-country trip just went up to almost $540.

twentywontowin
02-12-2008, 07:12 PM
i dont think it gets 20 mpg. highest estimate i saw was 13 mpg IF that. That $350 near cross-country trip just went up to almost $540.

Even at 13 MPG, you're on par with a Hummer H2 and a Cadillac Escalade.

doublem23
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM

Not to get too political, but it's a free country?

:dunno:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM

lol, seriously? this defense? awesome.

doublem23
02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
lol, seriously? this defense? awesome.

In Russia, truck drives you.

twentywontowin
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM

And free for you to pay the gas guzzler tax at the time of purchase as well.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
on a side-note, Lieber is with the Cubs right? if him and Buehrle were to matchup this season, they should put up car notice vs. car notice lol. Or smash each others cars into each other to determine which franchise is better. although lieber's car is bigger, buehrle's wins because it's more proven and heavier with a world series trophy strapped in the passenger side :cool:

doublem23
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
And free for you to pay the gas guzzler tax at the time of purchase as well.

Also fine by me... I can't fathom any scenario in which I would ever need to own a truck that large, but ****, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, it's all good.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Also fine by me... I can't fathom any scenario in which I would ever need to own a truck that large, but ****, if you can afford it and it makes you happy, it's all good.

thats true.
i agree with the statement "if owners are willing to pay these guys this much, why should we hate the players?". if i agree with that, id also have to agree with the "if they make'em and you can afford'em, why not buy'em?" concept.

WSox597
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Man, my F150 looks like a Tonka toy next to that thing!

What's he hunting, a stegosaurus? :D:

I didn't even know Ford made something that big. Wow!

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Soxfanspcu11
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
WOW!!!:o:

This thing is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

I'm an Environment Nutjob so I hate seeing things like this. I know it's a free country and everything and people can drive whatever they want, but stuff like this is just stupid. He needs it for hunting?? *****!!! What is he hunting? Elephants?? I love Mark but this is just silly.

Also, it says in the story that the thing is 10 feet tall. I don't see how that is possible when you look at the picture of Shaq standing in front of it. The top of his dome is nearly as high up as the top of the truck. So unless Shaq is 9 foot 10 inches, something does not add up.

It appears that Mark is trying to make up for something:tongue: or that he has hit his midlife crisis a few years before most!

steely712
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't care what anyone says, that is one kick ass truck. Who cares how much it costs him to fill up, the guy is a millionare. This thing is just a toy to him, and I highly doubt that he will be driving across the country. I think he can afford to fly.

Nellie_Fox
02-12-2008, 11:51 PM

lol, seriously? this defense? awesome.Yep; it's America, and he can have it just because he wants it and can afford it.

Ain't it great?

StepsInSC
02-13-2008, 06:37 AM
WOW!!!:o:

Also, it says in the story that the thing is 10 feet tall. I don't see how that is possible when you look at the picture of Shaq standing in front of it. The top of his dome is nearly as high up as the top of the truck. So unless Shaq is 9 foot 10 inches, something does not add up.

They may be the same model truck, but it doesn't mean they're the exact same. Buehrle's has at least 44 inch tires and at least a 12 inch lift. You can tell Shaq's sits lower to the ground.

DumpJerry
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
On the radio yesterday (The Score), they said Mark's truck is a rolling apartment building.

DoItForDanPasqua
02-19-2008, 01:23 PM

The bike group Critical Mass distributes bumper stickers to put on obnoxious vehicles that say, "I'm changing the ecosystem; ask me how."

If I saw this truck on the road, I would think "what an *******." Then I would see who is driving it and think "oh my God, oh my God, it's Mark Buehrle, I know him from the World Series DVD," and forget about the truck.

captainclutch24
02-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I want one

davenicholson
02-19-2008, 02:50 PM
The bike group Critical Mass distributes bumper stickers to put on obnoxious vehicles that say, "I'm changing the ecosystem; ask me how."
If I caught some obnoxious tree-hugging ******* putting a bumper sticker on on my ride, they'd be scraping it off with what was left of their teeth.

Iwritecode
02-19-2008, 03:21 PM
He's also driving it to Spring Training is he not? I don't know where he lives (St. Louis still?), but I'm sure that won't be a 5 mile drive.

I just read that he looked into getting a private jet into spring training but decided against it because of the cost. He got regular first-class tickets instead.

"I was going to get a private jet coming down here," said Buehrle, speaking shortly after he reported with other White Sox pitchers and catchers this past Saturday. "But I found out how much money it was. I said that I don't care how much money I make, I'm not paying that much.

"My wife said the same thing. So, we got regular flights and bought first-class seats."

Article. (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080219&content_id=2379157&vkey=spt2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Frontman
02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
"Dude,

"When the player is making that much bank, of course he's going to pump a lot of cash into his ride. What, you were expecting the Buehrle-mon to be wearing more bling when he rolled into camp?

"Of course not. Mark's all about the outdoors, he enjoys hunting. This way, he can take an entire arsenal (not to mention a full platoon) out with him. At least he didn't splurge and put Vulcan mini-gun. As bad at that gas guzzler is on the enviroment, nothing will tear up the wilderness more than 6,000 rounds per minute."
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2007/1002/hu_071002jimrome.jpg

whitesoxSS05
02-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Haha, that thing wont even get in a parking garage in Chicago.

ksimpson14
02-20-2008, 02:20 AM
http://fuery.com/2007/05/27/toyota-prius-may-not-be-so-eco-friendly-after-all/

MikeKreevich
02-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I love all this ECO angst. Your teachers programed you well. I thank you all for driving your little Scions and Yaris. Now, if you can get China to stop burning coal we might prevent our Chicago climate from becoming better.

doublem23
02-20-2008, 08:19 AM
I love all this ECO angst. Your teachers programed you well. I thank you all for driving your little Scions and Yaris. Now, if you can get China to stop burning coal we might prevent our Chicago climate from becoming better.

This is a baseball thread on a baseball message board. If you want to talk politics, please visit the PI boards.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Yep; it's America, and he can have it just because he wants it and can afford it.

Ain't it great?

Grade A attitude. Awesome.
And people wonder why the world HATES America and Americans.

Out of respect for doublem23 I won't say everything I want to say about this post. However, I will leave you with these numbers...

China's Population: 1.321 BILLION
USA's Population: 0.301 BILLION

China's Oil Consumption: 6.534 million bbl/day
USA's Oil Consumption: 20.73 million bbl/day

China's Oil Consumption per Person: 14.52 bbl/day
USA's Oil Consumption per Person: 202.17 bbl/day

Nellie_Fox
02-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Grade A attitude. Awesome.
And people wonder why the world HATES America and Americans.Jealousy?

Take it to the Politically Incorrect board.