PDA

View Full Version : Another country heard from....

Chilli Palmer
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuEjRkaOV35c2ie2ID3vlaE5nYcB?slug=ap-steroids-rocker&prov=ap&type=lgns

No big surprise here.

SoxyStu
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AuEjRkaOV35c2ie2ID3vlaE5nYcB?slug=ap-steroids-rocker&prov=ap&type=lgns

No big surprise here.

Think he's feelin jilted? Interesting how he throws A-Rod in the mix with Rafael and I-Roid.

Madvora
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Holy crap. I love all this information coming out.

Fenway
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
I think he is telling the truth. MLB's statement is curious to say the least.

There are some whispers coming out of NY that the reason Fay Vincent was fired stems that he wanted to clean the game up in 1992 and the owners did not want that.

areilly
02-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I think he is telling the truth. MLB's statement is curious to say the least.

I agree; he's got nothing to lose, but more importantly nothing to gain, either. And I love this gem from MLB's response:

"Further discipline was not an option legally available to Major League Baseball at that time."

Which begs the question: whose fault was that, exactly? Who was it that didn't bother to put those further measures at their disposal? Oh, that's right, Major League Baseball. Unreal.

skottyj242
02-12-2008, 08:53 AM
I bet they don't test for steroids on Pros vs. Joes.

FedEx227
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I bet they don't test for steroids on Pros vs. Joes.

I've been quite suspicious of Joe Carter and Will Clark recently.

jabrch
02-12-2008, 09:36 AM
It's funny that the truth comes from the least likely sources....

Rocker and Canseco

Meanwhile, those who could have done the most to further the cause of ridding sports of steroids are the ones who are lying or saying nothing...

Clemens, McGwire, Bonds, Sosa

SoxyStu
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Meanwhile, those who could have done the most to further the cause of ridding sports of steroids are the ones who are lying or saying nothing...

Clemens, McGwire, Bonds, Sosa

Well, they, the ones who could have done the most to rid the sport of steroids, have no reason to. Hooked on steroids worked for them! They're not the rejects who feel dismissed by the league.