PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this special..........

Fenway
02-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Very quietly ESPN.com has changed something on their team schedule pages

Before when you clicked on the tickets link you would be taken to the home page of the team.....not any more

Now you get directed to STUB HUB :o:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/schedule?team=chw

http://www.insolitology.com/images/Church%20Lady.jpg

soltrain21
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I forgot that the Indians changed the name of Jacobs.

thegooch
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
eh. I don't see the big deal. Espn and stubhub are in cohoots.

Fenway
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM

More importantly MLB and Stub Hub are in cohoots as well

Chilli Palmer
02-11-2008, 01:08 PM
More importantly MLB and Stub Hub are in cohoots as well

I think you can include the NFL as well.

jenn2080
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
What is the big deal?

Fenway
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I think you can include the NFL as well.

NFL went with Ticketmaster.

The Red Sox have told Bud they will not be a party to Stub Hub until Massachusetts changes the law. Patriots have told the NFL the same thing.

Fenway
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
What is the big deal?

Well for starters it means that the White Sox ( and every other team ) will lose some ticket revenue to Stub Hub. Some guy in Indiana or Idaho who sees the link will buy the tickets from Stub Hub ( that the White Sox have already sold ) and the team loses the chance to sell more tickets.

skottyj242
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM

It's MLB and Stubhub.

DumpJerry
02-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Well for starters it means that the White Sox ( and every other team ) will lose some ticket revenue to Stub Hub. Some guy in Indiana or Idaho who sees the link will buy the tickets from Stub Hub ( that the White Sox have already sold ) and the team loses the chance to sell more tickets.

It's MLB and Stubhub.
Skotty is right, Fenway. MLB and Stub Hub have a deal in place for ST holders to sell their tickets on Stub Hub and not the teams' own Ticket Exchanges.

ESPN would not have made this change without the consent of MLB. I'm sure they found that most people went to a team's particular website for most ticket purchases and not ESPN if they were planning a visit to a MLB city to see if the team is in town when they will visit.

jenn2080
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM

But 95% of the people who are going to go to a sporting event in another state are going to check the teams website first before going to Stub Hub.

Fenway
02-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Skotty is right, Fenway. MLB and Stub Hub have a deal in place for ST holders to sell their tickets on Stub Hub and not the teams' own Ticket Exchanges.

ESPN would not have made this change without the consent of MLB. I'm sure they found that most people went to a team's particular website for most ticket purchases and not ESPN if they were planning a visit to a MLB city to see if the team is in town when they will visit.

I said it before Skotty :smile:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1793729&postcount=4

Dump you would be amazed at how un-web savvy many people are.

I see tracking reports that indicate that some users don't even know the team site exists.

TDog
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Unless the event is in another country and I have no way of buying them at the box office, I NEVER pay any more than face value for tickets. I used to be able to call the park and order tickets over the telephone before legal scalpers figured out that people would blindly pay service charges.

chisoxmike
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Unless the event is in another country and I have no way of buying them at the box office, I NEVER pay any more than face value for tickets.

Exactly, there is no regular season sporting event that is worth paying over face for. Especially with baseball and basketball. Maybe if its a clinching game or opening day I would pay a bit more for but nothing out of hand.

Football is different because every game is a sell out and there are only 8 games, so I can see what people shell out the big bucks for a football game.