PDA

View Full Version : Question about Crede to San Francisco

ChiSoxPatF
02-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Could someone fill me in?

I spoke with my father the other day and he is not one to make up random rumors. He said that he had heard somewhere on the radio (or maybe it was print) that the Sox had arranged a deal with San Fran to ship Crede there once he proves he's healthy in Spring Training for an unknown player.

Does anyone know where this rumor was reported (other than wild speculation on fansites?). I've heard the Lowry speculation but I have not heard anything outside of fan websites.

Again, I'M NOT SAYING I HEARD THIS PERSONALLY. I'm not making up a rumor and I'm not saying this is 100% accurate. I just want to know where this rumor has flaired up and if there is any truth/weight to it.

Thanks.

btrain929
02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
It's just common sense. SF needs a 3B, but they would be stupid to trade for him now, not knowing how his back is. So a lot of radio stations, papers, even Scott Merkin, has suggested that something may be in place. I'm just curious to see what it is. I think it can be a numerous amount of options, ranging from packages for Lowry, Randy Winn, Rajai Davis (prob not), or minor leaguers. BA has also been rumored to possibly go with Crede to sweeten the package.

We shall see....

Taliesinrk
02-11-2008, 09:09 AM

I spoke with my father the other day and he is not one to make up random rumors. He said that he had heard somewhere on the radio (or maybe it was print) that the Sox had arranged a deal with San Fran to ship Crede there once he proves he's healthy in Spring Training for an unknown player.

Does anyone know where this rumor was reported (other than wild speculation on fansites?). I've heard the Lowry speculation but I have not heard anything outside of fan websites.

Again, I'M NOT SAYING I HEARD THIS PERSONALLY. I'm not making up a rumor and I'm not saying this is 100% accurate. I just want to know where this rumor has flaired up and if there is any truth/weight to it.

Thanks.

SO YOUR SOURCE HAS CONFIRMED IT'S CREDE FOR LINCECUM, AND WILL GO DOWN MARCH 1st?

PalehosePlanet
02-11-2008, 12:04 PM

Thanks.

Joe Cowely of the Times wrote about it in his blog a couple weeks ago or so. He went on to speculate that Rowand is probably pushing the Giants hard to acquire his good friend.

Sorry, I didn't look for the link.

ChiSoxPatF
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

(Sorry for the defensive post, I just know how these things start to spiral out of control if you don't make it perfectly clear that you aren't trying to BE the sources)

RowanDye
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Joe Cowely of the Times wrote about it in his blog a couple weeks ago or so. He went on to speculate that Rowand is probably pushing the Giants hard to acquire his good friend.

Sorry, I didn't look for the link.

Mark Gonzalez fanned the flames again on Saturday: link (http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/02/giant-health-is.html)

It appears to be pure speculation on Gonzalez' part, solely based on the Giants' GM saying that they may be willing to trade some of their pitching depth to acquire a middle of the order bat.

The fact that the G.M. also says, "If a position player could help us, it'll be long-term.", makes me question the premise of the trade.

I think we need another arm in the mix, so I'd take Lowry for Crede in a heartbeat. He would have to earn his spot in the rotation though, no guarantees!

Taliesinrk
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

(Sorry for the defensive post, I just know how these things start to spiral out of control if you don't make it perfectly clear that you aren't trying to BE the sources)

Sorry.. mine wasn't much help. I couldn't help myself.. just popped into my head with the other recent "rumors"