PDA

View Full Version : Ugly

CerberusWG
04-22-2002, 09:44 PM
Man, that game was Ugly. No thanks to the Umpires of course, but Frank has to deliver in that situation (think it was in the 7th, 8th?).

Uggh, Ritchie needs to win tomorrow.

HawkDJ
04-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Tribe still undefeated at home...

Frank had a chance, Jose had a chance, Carlos had a chance with a count...

doublem23
04-22-2002, 09:48 PM
Just a drop in the ocean.. Just a drop in the ocean...

Man, it has to get warm again... AND FAST!!!

HawkDJ
04-22-2002, 09:59 PM
Also...

:hurt :manos :caballo
Boy you guys sure came up in the clutch and did a great job...

http://www.commando.com/triumph.jpg
FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Thats ok though, the offense couldn't be clutch forever.

palehosemike
04-22-2002, 10:16 PM
LOL

CerberusWG
04-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Hawk: Manos had the HR. Replace Manos with Maggs.

delben91
04-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
:manos
Boy you guys sure came up in the clutch and did a great job...

Jose gets a bit of a reprieve, he did drive in our only two runs. Granted, the K in the ninth was pretty un-manos like, but still...

RedPinStripes
04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Man, that game was Ugly. No thanks to the Umpires of course, but Frank has to deliver in that situation (think it was in the 7th, 8th?).

Uggh, Ritchie needs to win tomorrow.

Dumbass caballo never should have been in there. There are a few moves that manuel should have made if he wasn't sleeping.

Pinch runner for paulie
Glover never should have faced Thome ( eventhough it worked out)

Liefer should have faced fatass wickman.

Manuel is always so fast to make a lefty lefty match up in late innings but didn't do it. I'm not upset about that. But They would not have taken wickman out if the Sox put a lefty up there. Liefer being a lefty would have make much more sense in the 9th vs. fatass. And why the hell did Babw clayton bat in the 8th? all this = BAD MANAGING!!!!!!!!!!!

Soxheads
04-22-2002, 11:41 PM
There is always a sharp pain in my stomach whenever I see Clayton at bat. It just amazes me when I see him in there day in and day out. Displacing two players from their rightful positions, I sure as hell hope he's gone soon. I think it was best said on the Best Damn Sports Show Period: "Rookie Jim Morris, the high school science teacher from Texas, struck out Royce Clayton in his first major league appearance. As we found out, that really isn't much of a feat."

StepsInSC
04-22-2002, 11:41 PM
not that this game can be blamed on one thing but that weather looked horrible. I know the its been cold in Chicago the past few days but playing in rain when its 32 is hard on anyone. Other then the 2 HRs the indians weren't exactly killing the ball either. They ended up w/ a lot of hits but not a ton of pretty ones.

Not to excuse the 2ks but Thomas hit on ball solid that would of been out of the yard on a warm day.

doublem23
04-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Hawk: Manos had the HR. Replace Manos with Maggs.

Yeah, what the hell was Maggs doing out there in the ninth when he didn't leg out that grounder that Vizquel bobbled?

At least Manos managed to score some runs on a day when no one else wanted to.

:manos
I can't carry this team, dammit!

MisterB
04-23-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
And why the hell did Babw clayton bat in the 8th?

Some facts we're all going to have to deal with:
1. JM wants Royce in because of his defense.
2. JM will let Royce bat no matter how bad he may be hitting at the time.
3. Due to fact #1, Manos and Graffy will not be allowed to play SS unless in an emergency.

Put this all together and what you get is:

4. Royce will play every inning possible of every game possible.

It's sad but true... :(:

RedPinStripes
04-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MisterB

Some facts we're all going to have to deal with:
1. JM wants Royce in because of his defense.
2. JM will let Royce bat no matter how bad he may be hitting at the time.
3. Due to fact #1, Manos and Graffy will not be allowed to play SS unless in an emergency.

Put this all together and what you get is:

4. Royce will play every inning possible of every game possible.

It's sad but true... :(:

I think Choice gets what he wants because he bitches the minute he has to sit. Pathetic! Who runs this team?

FoulkeTheIndians
04-23-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Tribe still undefeated at home...

Frank had a chance, Jose had a chance, Carlos had a chance with a count...

Yeah, but we'll quickly put an end to that. Get a W tomorrow with Ritchie, and then we get a shot at Sabathia. Down with CC, Down with that fat pile of crap...

GASHWOUND
04-23-2002, 07:40 AM
I kinda had a bad feeling about last nights game, but still thought Buehrle could shut them down and we'd scored enough runs. With the 'Toons on that 6 game losing streak, they looked like they wanted it more than us and we more motivated. We looked sluggish, big time. I think if it was alot warmer we would've won that game. I wonder what the weather is gonna be for tonights game? I hope its warmer than last night, for our sakes

StepsInSC
04-23-2002, 09:03 AM
ESPN2 just showed the ninth inning of that game again (the only time they decide to cover the ChiSox in detail is when they lose for some reason) and yes I know its only one loss, but Jose's last at bat really scared me. Simply b/c it was a pressure situation and if we do manage to get to the playoffs every AB is a pressure situation. And swinging at 3 balls in the dirt is not my idea of composure.

duke of dorwood
04-23-2002, 09:34 AM
This manager has never been good at going to and using his bench. It will be our undoing. Buehrle pitched well enough to win, we just did not hit in key situations. Hate to throw away a game like that. It was winnable. Remember, we still have Danny Wrong and Garland in this series. We needed this one.

ma-gaga
04-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
This manager has never been good at going to and using his bench. It will be our undoing.

:jerry
"Your skills are complete. Indeed, you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen. You don't know the power of the dark side. I must obey my master."

:reinsy
"you are not a jedi yet."

:hitless
"NOOOOOOO!!!!!"